Friday, June 21, 2013

Want seconds?
(begun Friday 21st June at 5.55am..)


Anyone wonder why I'd suddenly laughed out loud on two separate occasions yesterday afternoon, or do my Monitors no longer question my sometimes eccentric behaviour?  It was a picture that had popped into my head that had briefly amused me so...
That band of crooks donning their armchair shrink personas to indulge in some serious back-slapping at their recent achievements...
I'd started off so well, had I not?  Following the prescribed path of a hostage, and doting on my captor in an effort to please?  Then came what?  Despair or rage?  Ag, I can't even remember...  I do know that it had been the brutal inclusion of the dogs that had finally changed my attitude drastically, and sometime after that I must have wandered off the beaten path, and become not quite as manageable as my handler would have liked...

Who was it that had finally figured out a way to get me back in line?  Who was it that had seen through all my chest-thumping pseudo-bravado to the shallow cow beneath?  And that folks, is what had me snorting out loud with amusement at quite how easy it's been to get me back on the straight and narrow...
Here's a clue.. Go count how many times I dissed my Owner in my previous update, and see for yourselves who's mellowed astonishingly over the past few days... All the more pitiful is the fact that I know precisely what's going on, and am simply too weak-willed and brainless to stop it...  Counting out loud had worked admirably against the pathetic attempts of the wanna-be torturers, but up against those that know what they're doing, it's a waste of time...  What passes for a brain in this old rat's head has finally slipped a gear, and I'm as good as done..

My word, but it was almost as if the bedroom was filled with avid recruits last night between 8.20pm and 11.15pm, as the Idiots jostled with each other to have a go.. I find that I've logged jabs to the head, pain to the ovaries, heatwaves, and my fillings roaring, and I'd still fended them off with relative ease by suggesting they go practise on their own moms or grans before trying to impress me...
I'd been left to fall asleep after that, and I find I didn't log what took place some hours later.  Why bother?  You have the satellite feed, and will no doubt wallow in it's contents...

The thing about seeing what I want to see, and so often getting it wrong?  When I'd first noticed THIS corner of white sticking up in godschild's garage window, I'd immediately thought it resembled one of those small square panels they've used on the masts, to replace the give-away satellite dishes.. How far gone am I, to come up with such craziness, when it's more likely to be a simple piece of white card put there to guide Roux's laser showers.. Tsk, tsk...
Will those of you unfortunates that are cursed to live with me, ever admit that it was by your choice alone?  For it is indeed a curse, and one that you acquired without my help.. All the sugar-coated praise and assurances you're given mean squat when your every waking hour has you forced to gaze upon my fugliness and listen to every croaked inanity I utter... There'll be times when my Monitors wish they could be elsewhere, pretty much guaranteeing that their irritation will manifest in further painful abuse to my person...
The perfect scenario, right Mr. van Zyl?  As the seriously righteous are encouraged to go after this yapping fool with a will?  Did I creep anyone out more than usual with my Wednesday update?  Did I in fact hit the nail on the head, and cause a small flurry of alarm?  No worries, chaps.  The respite has ended and it's back to business as usual for the cowardly soldiers of this Yellow Army...

Saturday 22nd June at 4.15am

It must have been around 9pm when I took the dogs out for their pre-bedtime pee, and a chopper had thundered up the valley, heading north into Sydenham.. It had such a familiar rough-sounding roar to it, that I'd flashed my tiny LED light and danced about waving my arms until they'd passed...
My 'grounded' SAPS Flyboys doing a quick catch-up in the dark?

Had there been any muttered discussions behind the scenes over at the Sydenham Community Closed Group on Facebook, before the Microwave Boffin's Missus had barrelled on in with her attempts at damage control?  How things have changed.. A few years back I would've been licking my wounds and berating myself for daring to voice my thoughts on a public platform, and getting shot down for it... This time, I'd logged off feeling really cheerful, as Missus P had given me more publicity than I'd dared hope for..
It doesn't matter how crazy I'm painted, as long as at least one or two of the Sydenham community are interested enough to think about what I'm saying... Edit: Don't waste your time looking for the exchange between me and Missus P.  I logged into Facebook earlier, only to find that the entire conversation has disappeared. *winks) Second Edit:  True to form, those comments have not been removed at all.  First off I was in the wrong thread, and secondly I only had to click on View all Comments for them to appear. *ducks

E's diatribe on Telkom's white wireless boxes was totally unexpected, and a bonus. She's clearly unaware of the fact that I took offence to the white box strapped to our streetlight some years ago, that had been carefully canted down to face our home, and had a bright red pilot light inside...
How I'd written several letters to the then Head of Electricity, Howard Whitehead, to ask the purpose of those boxes, and was never graced with a written reply.
That instead, Mr. Allen Spence (now Superintendent of Electricity for Durban) had come out to see me, and had said the boxes were a part of a highly sophisticated computerised anti-cable theft trial being run just on our street and down in Cato Crest.

Was Missus P aware of this before she rushed in to accuse me of conspiracy theories? I doubt it.. Back then I'd stuck to my guns and insisted that as we'd never had any cable stolen in our section, they could remove their trial box from our pole.  Which is what they eventually did.  A Mr. Mike Oliver HERE from the Muni's Electricity Security Division (!) had come out, and while I'd watched, he'd climbed up B.Snr's streetlight pole outside No. 4, and with his body blocking my view he'd opened the box before climbing back down..
Nothing in there at all, he'd told me cheerfully... Odd then, that B.Snr. told me later he'd been looking up from his window to see Mr. Oliver quickly remove something from the 'empty' white box before climbing back down the ladder..
I'd insisted he check the box on our pole as well, which he'd done.. One of his wekkers had attempted to distract me by asking for water, but I'd ignored him and quickly made my way along the inside of our precast wall until I was standing looking up at Mr. Oliver and the box.  Just in time to see that the one half was stuffed with a whole bunch of coloured wires, and the other half contained a round camera-like lens...  He'd replaced the cover and climbed down to inform me that there was nothing in that box either...

You listening out there Missus P?  At that stage not one word had been said to the effect that Telkom owned those boxes.. There'd been no point in calling the chap a downright liar, as I was heavily outnumbered, but I continued to insist the boxes be removed...
I forget now whether it had been days or weeks later that they'd actually come and removed both the one outside No. 4 and the one on our pole, but I have to query why, if they are not a part of the Surveillance project, it took five (yes 5 ) vehicles from the Municipality Electricity Department's Security Division to remove them?     I was already using my camera back then and HERE are all those cars that had arrived... Anyone know THIS good-looking young man standing on my verge?  A local lad?

I came home one day sometime after that fiasco to find my telephone pole on the valley side now sported the same sort of white box with a tiny pilot light that activated after dark.   By then Howard Whitehead had apparently taken retirement, and I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with his replacement.. Ravi, was it?
So ja, Missus P - Care to venture an educated opinion on what that was all about, and why it had taken so many security vehicles to remove just two of Telkom's innocent wireless boxes?
Maybe I'd annoyed them, and they were simply having a bit of fun at my expense?  Is that truly what you think?

I'd been bumbling about in the garden yesterday morning, and had wandered over to stand beneath my Excellent Neighbour's booster shed, when the sound of a cascade of water falling into their property below, had me taking a closer look..  As everything is sliding inexorably down into the valley below, inch by inch each year, there are now gaps in the pre-cast wall panels that make it simple to see through to their water outlet pipe, where it comes out of their steepest retainer-wall from the house..
Besides, I'd blogged that very pipe just a few weeks back, after that copious dose of sewage effluent had magically run sideways onto our property for several days... I'd told you how I'd seen two young men who'd clearly taken off the pristine white U-shaped section of pipe and were watching the water as it thundered out of the wall to the ground below...

When a similar sound of falling water had attracted me yesterday, I'd looked through to see that although that shiny white pipe was now in place, it had what appeared to be an application of Vincent's favourite bright green mossy compound applied on the U bend itself, and a hole had been punched? through to allow some of the water to escape outside of the pipe onto the ground...Edit: Did I say Vincents favourite? Well no.  I double checked this morning, and it's not the bright green mossy substance at all, but rather the dirty looking gunk that's just surrounding the place where the pipe has been punctured.
A hole remarkably like my Facebook cover picture posted earlier this morning, only that one was made underneath the pipe, and theirs is on top.
So there you have it folks, while the articulate ACDP Damage Controller attempted to distract you by using air pollution as one of the reasons behind the increased illnesses and cancers here in the Zone, you're going to have to make up your own minds.

The corruption surrounding the Water and Electricity required for the smooth running of this gigantic Surveillance operation is in fact far greater than all the greedy Government trough feeders put together, for this one strips you of both your right to privacy and good health, while emptying your wallets in the process..
Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 22nd June 2013 at 8.24am.