Thursday, January 03, 2013

Restitution...?
(begun Thursday 3rd January at 6.47pm...)


I did the neighbourly thing when his alarm went off for the third time, and I sent his Missus a couple of texts, just in case there was as break and entry in progress...  That had been in the early afternoon, and I've not heard it go off since, so it must have been a false alarm... *chokes..
I'd had a pleasant run up to Westville this morning, and had popped into Dodge City as usual before, on a whim, hanging a right into Locksley and pulling in to St. Phil's....
Startled you there, did I? Tough.  

I've not seen her in ages, and it was great to play catch-up, however brief my visit..  The Brazilian was in her office, and it struck me how he's morphed into a sleek and well-fed cat since I last saw him... Running that mini base Station since Mr. Carey's untimely demise clearly suits him, and doesn't appear to have damaged his immune system in any way.. Dems da breaks, right?
Maybe it was the level of emissions that Fabian went home to each day, across in Mary Road, that did for him in the end, but there's only a handful that will know the truth in that regard, and they ain't talking...
From St. Phil's I'd hopped across Sparks to drop off some magazines for Sister Stephens but alas, she was out, and I'd chatted instead to two of the other Sisters under the sword...

Sister Francis?  There's a new one, surely?  Have I ever met her over the years, and where is her Lair? Tsk, I mean where does she actually live and work? *curious...   A hatchet-man employed to carry out some of the more unpleasant tasks in this era of callous cruelty?    Those three Sisters are being ridiculously stoic about the whole appalling situation, though I don't know if you're aware that moving your home is apparently second only to a death in the family for causing stress....  The unfortunate Sister Francis was tasked to inform the unsuspecting nuns of their pending removal to far-flung locations, and I'd have to question whether she's been filled in on the fact that St. Theresa's is an Experiment Station for the laser/wireless Project, and has been for the past eight years..
Right back, in fact, to when the first of the porta-lights began appearing in the toddler's dorm windows on Balliram's orders, and I'd watch as a GateKeeper would move about the grounds carrying those lights, before placing them in strategic positions that suited our Area Controller's LOS... *gags...

Friday 4th January at 3.36am

There's that faint rushing-through-a-pipe sound in the background, so I got up and turned the wall jack off in case... In case what?  It's probably just the Wireless Song, aka the Mother of Noise Assisted Transporters, floating across the valley, but with my now seriously compromised hearing, it could be coming from anywhere...

Earl? You out there?  How's the family doing these days?  Did you care enough to move them to less risky areas, or do many of them, like Mr. Heslop, still take their chances here like the rest of us? *interested... There I was, hoping desperately for some kind philanthropist to step forward and save my Devout friends from being scattered to the winds, when all the time you're sitting there with your fingers embedded in the Property Market pie...

Restitution.  A delicious word, that you may or may not have used more than once, back when you first kicked off your carefully engineered make-over scam...  I've seen the error of my ways, and I realise how many lives I've destroyed, and I want to make restitution for my sins? Yadda, yadda, yadda.... Is that pretty much how it went, before you'd gone on to sell so many the idea of the Trojan Horse technology that would topple the corrupt in the Ruling Party and turn this country into a land of milk and honey?
Was I right when I'd suggested it was you who'd approached Father Denker and persuaded him to allow St. Phil's and St. Theresa's to be rigged up as mini base stations to run some seriously powerful enhancers for Stef Roux and Francesco Petruccione's 'perfectly safe' quantum laser communications system?

Was St. Philomena's graced by a similar upgrade, funded by the national Lotto, as St. Theresa's?  In return for allowing THESE huge signal enhancing lights to be dotted about the property.. (Photos you have to pop into mine to see, as they're in one of my albums, while the originals are burned onto those self-cannibalising CD's...)
You want to now include those innocent Sisters in your restitution, or was it your idea to separate them and move them so far from their family and friends in the first place? *teeth...
Hell, I'm betting you already own more than one property that's carefully tucked away safe from masts and pylons, so how's about you step up to the plate and reverse a bit of the appalling damage you've done to your own Community?

Find and purchase a tidy little house in a suburb that's so far escaped the worst of the emissions, and do it quickly, or this latest wickedness will be the end of them, though I imagine that was the general idea...
My word, but who would've ever thought that a scuzzy local Dealer would have the foresight to set himself up with contacts at the Telkom Overport Depot and the Sydenham Police, in his climb to become Top Dog here in the Zone...?
Our Earl would've had a fairly decent pile of Leverage Files on his customers long before the ShaikBoyz approached him, ensuring that when he knocked on their doors with his Sales Promotion spiel for the technology, few would, or could refuse him...

Ag, it's all water under the bridge by now, and I guess Jannie van Zyl's Bosses have never had reason to regret Michael Barnabas' recruitment to the Experiment...
And here I am now, tugging away at the hem of the Emperor's robes, in the hopes that he'll undo the mischief made for those nuns...
Though it's highly unlikely our Mr. Barnabas feels the need to impress his Community at this late stage of the game, there's no harm in asking anyways...

Just when did the Peer of our Realm come to realise that he himself had been sold a crock?  That while Roux's quantum laser system may have been safe enough, once it was combined with Petruccione's wireless over the powerlines, it was a whole other story?   Would this realisation have led to a few sleepless nights?  Maybe, but only because he would've been sitting up trying to figure out how to turn the news to his advantage...
How long did it take him to work out that he could add Munitions Manager to his Promotions and Marketing titles?  That he'd in fact been handed an arsenal of New Age weaponry, the likes of which had never been seen before?

Balliram had been doing fairly well on his own, using just his students and the laser program, and he'd demonstrated repeatedly how the system could be used to hurt people physically, but it was still a fairly hit and miss operation, right?   That would be about when Roux's laser shower machine finally became operative in 2010, and the ex-Sentech RF Engineer had arrived in Sherwood to coach my Controller in it's correct usage...
What an upgrade that was, to be sure...
Pick an organ, any organ, or pick the joint of your choice, and suddenly the physical assaults became tailor-made and precise...
Repeated attacks on my wrists and hands, had the cartilage eaten away at astonishing speed, and although they appear to function normally, just one puff of that particular frequency and they become broken and useless instantaneously... Magic.

So Earl - What's it to be?  I've given you more free publicity than any one man deserves in a lifetime, and I've puffed you up correctly as the Emperor of the Zone and Beyond... Are you going to step out of the shadows and demonstrate that you still have the power to save those Sisters, or are you going to pretend it's not your business?   A small house in a nearby suburb on the outskirts of the Zone would do nicely, but you'll have to move your sorry arse quickly, or the stress will have one of those worthy ladies popping her clogs before they've even finished packing their bags...
Should that occur, I'd have to add it to a reputation you've been unable to shake, despite the very best efforts of the Project Authors Planning Team, up at Headquarters....

Have you noticed how fewer and fewer decisions are yours to make, these days?  Does it bother you to realise you're no longer your own man, but a marionette dancing to other's tunes?  Come, prove that you've got some stuffing left in you, and save those nuns from their banishment or, oops, I was about to say 'or their misery will be on your conscience', but then I remembered it was your total lack of conscience that was the reason for your rise to fame and glory..   Silly me... *shrugs..

LATER at 5.15am

It's grey and cool out for the moment, but before I go, it should be noted that I'd found three really spammy-looking mails from the King of Capell Road, in my box yesterday, which I'd eventually deleted without opening... Chances are that the young Beemer Salesman missed my invitation, so I'll repeat it...
How hard is it to click on Chat when you see me in gmail, Dominic?
Your little green light has generally been as active as young halicon's each time I sign in to gmail, so what's the problem?
If you have something you wish to say to me, feel free to use that Chat option, though Douglas will confirm that I'm as inarticulate as ever I was....

When I'd gotten back from my trip out yesterday, I'd pulled my car onto the verge and walked down to open the gates.. My hand had been mere inches from the gate lever when the snake had decided to move... A green bush snake (?) about four foot long, was twined along the top of the gates, and I'd watched in awe as it gracefully made it's way onto the wall by the garage before it vanished... How lucky am I to get to see such beautiful things on an almost daily basis?  What unexpected mini-miracles will I get to see today?
Peace julle...

---oOo---

Friday 4th January 2013 at 8am...