Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Never a dull moment...
(begun Thursday 3rd January at 3.37am..)


*Give you something you can really get your teeth into, Master?  Your wish, sir....*
*Edit later:  It's now 2.43pm and still today's update has not popped up on my tweetdeck. There's a problem, Balliram?*

Although the GameWrecker had insisted that he'd caught a rare sight of the increasingly elusive Criminalus Sadisticus recently, and I could swear I'd heard it's familiar doef, doef, doef call, it may be kinder to pretend the Animal's camouflage tactics have worked, and that it's out of it's natural habitat for the moment at least... The use of it's once raucous house alarm as a diversionary tactic, and some sort of alibi, is all too familiar, and fools no-one, but with all it's limited brain-power restricted to just the one field, maybe we shouldn't rush to judgement...? *eyeroll...

The old man had finally sat down at the computer at about mid-morning yesterday, and there'd been a moment's silence before he'd asked me if I'd updated Windows Security earlier, and I'd replied no... It says it was updated sometime after 8am this morning, said he, all puzzled-like... A few minutes later and he'd asked if I'd cleared the cache and cookies, and I'd said no to that as well... He prefers it all set to manual and takes care of it himself, so if our Network Admin was trying to rattle the GW, he was mildly successful...
My husband's ability to shrug off the obvious fact that his PC is compromised, (read OWNED), and has been since well before Gary Alexander and the GuptaBoyz arrived years back to monitor us, is in stark contrast to my rabid paranoia...

Our Area Controller wanted to make a point yesterday, and make it he did.. I'd tried the landline at 11.45am, only to find it was deader than a dodo.... At 11.50am we'd been chatting together in the lounge about the fact that I'd just looked over the wall to find my Master's unfortunate four-legged pawn, literally covered in ticks, and I'd expressed my desire to text Missus Courageous and volunteer to take their dog to the grooming parlour for her... Whoever was doing the official Eavesdropping at the time had suddenly pricked up their ears at that important data, and in doing so, had set off the house alarm at No. 6..*chokes...
It went off again at 12.25pm, and by 1.15pm, the GW was in the bath, and I'd seized the opportunity of sneaking a couple of zzz's in my chair in front of the TV...  I'd come to with a start at 1.52pm, and had tried to change Channels on the TV only to find it had been frozen...
I'd said nothing at all, but had looked up towards the ceiling fan and the Permanent's Force's favourite hangout before gesturing towards the telly and indicating we were lagged, at which point the house alarm next door had gone wild again... *falls over...

At 2pm I'd walked over to the bookcase next to the computer, and the dead landline had crackled some static all by itself, and I'd picked up the phone to find the line had been restored.. Hau!  At 2.05pm the GW restarted the television, while I'd booted up the PC, at which point the already unpleasant levels of the BackFire frequency went through the roof and stayed there..
I hadn't spent long online, and by 3.05pm I'd gone out onto the front lawn to fetch and fill the birdfeeder, and in doing so had set his house alarm off again, and I confess I'd wondered briefly whether Balliram had plans in place for another insurance scam.... *shrugs...

My goodness, but it was clear that Someone was livid, and those pesky BF levels had my eyes watering right up till bedtime.. It was lights out at 9.20pm, and not a minute later I'd heard the familiar chirrup of a remote, and five minutes after that, the good old house-alarm went off again.... Proof no doubt that the house-sitter is unfamiliar with the alarm settings? You think?  *winks.. After that we'd both heard some seriously weird noises next door as the homeguard had clanked around ostentatiously before I'd finally fallen asleep...  The thrill of living next door to a Secret Agent with theatrical leanings is a blast.  NOT..

I'd tried calling my old friends on Tuesday evening, to wish them a Happy New Year.. You might recall they'd been forced to relocate to the tiny community of Marburg, hundreds of kilometres to the south, after Sutcliffe's corrupt activities finally made it financially impossible for them to continue living down at No. 4..  I'd consoled myself by imagining that at least their severely damaged immune systems would take a rest away from the dense blanket of technology covering the Zone, and in particular, Balliram's constant mischief over their powerlines...
Their landline rang and rang unanswered, and in the end I'd tried B.Jnr's cellphone and he'd replied and put his mama on the line...

Turns out their Telkom line has been defunct for about two weeks already, which probably made it difficult for them to keep in touch with family over the festive season, right Jannie?   A cruel, if neat touch, but one that you'd know nothing about.. *winks..
Missus B.Snr. told me that she has been ill for over two months, and during that time she's been hospitalised twice, though she said she was due to have further tests to ascertain the cause of her illness... Sound familiar?  *snarls....
Is that wonderfully kind and forgiving woman set to be long-distance victim to your simmering vengeful nature, perchance? *studies Balliram....  Has she been set up to take the same load as the Director of St. Philomena's mini base station took last year?
It's outrageous to accuse the Sadistic prick next door of having a filthy hand in something that's taking place miles and miles down the coast?  Ag, you all know better than that, and that distance means squat to the Operators of this fantastically invasive surveillance technology...  Even as we chatted, she'd said that both B.Snr. and Jnr. were ill with flu-like symptoms, and when I'd pressed her, she'd said that yes, she's seen guys working on the lines, from out of their windows, but that still their phone remains dead... Not enough to convince you?  Still all circumstantial?
One thing that all Monitors will surely agree on, is that the job can at times become unutterably boring, and I've said often enough that this will have led to a great deal of the more vicious mischief created by Collin P. Balliram in the past...

Once that family had moved away and were out of the picture, you can guarantee this cowardly specimen next door wasn't going to let them get away with their years of friendship towards me... Come now, Janneman.. Unfamiliar as you are with the truth, will you deny that although the laser program may not yet have reached Marburg, there's enough wireless being pumped over that family's powerlines to cause their already battered immune systems further severe damage?  My word! Are you actually using Balliram's tired routine over there in your shadowy corner, and rolling your eyes in hurt outrage at my accusations?  Don't waste your time Mistuh Strategist, for it cuts no ice with me... With your continued backing and support, your Cracker Protege can't fail to achieve his murderous aims, though he continues to be an embarrassment to you and your Superiors...  As much as your IT Monkey crowed too loud and too long of his absolute control over our lives, did you mistakenly adopt a derisive yet outwardly amiable approach to my ravings...

Did I cause a slight glitch when I stumbled upon Roux holding forth in that back issue of Popular Mechanics? Could you ever have predicted I'd catch that pale green hologram hanging against my Good Neighbour's wall?   Did you shrug it off at the time, and tell yourself that you enjoy a challenge, and that the groundwork that I mostly took care of myself to prove that I was indeed every inch the Village Idiot, would cover the cracks that were appearing in your production?
With his uncontrollably savage enthusiasm, I would put it to you that just sometimes, you've regretted endorsing the Druglord's choice of Area Controller for the Zone?
That although he has all of the special 'qualities' so prized by your Superiors, and then some, he has an irritating habit of showing off, and in doing so has drawn rather more attention to this inhumane experiment than your bosses would like?   May I suggest then, Short-round, that censuring your Protege in any way, inevitably leads to your little piggy having a major melt-down, and revealing even more of the Great Plans your Superiors have for this country, and just how this is to be achieved?  Forget the fair means, and stick with the foul, is your mantra I believe?

I'll continue to write of the ability to employ such savage physical brutality that's afforded your Underlings by means of the laser/wireless technology, for as long as I can, though judging by the increasingly gung-ho reprisals, my silence could be achieved fairly soon... Meanwhile Mr. van Zyl, enjoy the spotlight while it's on you, for you certainly fail to see that you're as much a Puppet as the rest of us...
Peace..

---oOo---

Thursday, 3rd January 2013 at 8.05am..