Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bafflement...
(begun Friday 11th January at 5.15am)


Frankly, I'd settle for your understanding just one sentence out of each of my endless updates, I really would... The thoughts that constantly threaten to swamp my cooked head have always proven near-impossible to voice in a way you can comprehend what I'm getting at... Some of you are better at it than others, but it turns out you don't much care for what I have to say... *looks at ic...
A basically good guy, who freaked out when I'd focused on him more than once, before disappearing from my view of the Forum forever?

The hours and hours I spend, almost hypnotically attached to the television, had me thinking kind thoughts about the Brotherhood's Koos Bekker of DSTV, and the massive contribution he makes towards this culling Experiment... I've not so much as opened my Kindle, or any book for that matter, in months, which for me is peculiar, to say the least... My TV addiction has sort of crept up on me over the last year, and I imagine that's pretty much how Bekker and his cohorts planned for it to happen...
One question?  What's with the Universal Channel, and is it reserved in our case, for something to do with the monitoring technology? *curious... IIRC, it used to run on channel 108, and even then, we'd seldom get a picture.. Just the information bar at the bottom and the sound-track, but no picture...

Maybe on one of a dozen attempts, we'd get to actually see the show, but that was it... After the most recent change around, when many of the channels were moved, our Universal Channel had changed from 108 to 117, but the nonsense persists, and more often than not the bottom info bar appears before the screen blacks out altogether... Would Mr. Bekker care to tellus why this is, and precisely what that particular channel is being used for, when it's certainly not there for his paying customers entertainment?  Would the Great Man care to hook up with the Low-Life Next Door and find out, or is he simply too busy making money hand over fist as he dumbs down a large percentage of the population to my level?

My recent whines on the resumption of mischief caused to our Kyocera iBurst modem had that device back to behaving properly quite smartly, though I sense the problem with the TV's Universal Channel may prove more difficult to rectify.. Want to have a go at fixing it Koosie, or are there other DSTV customers having a similar problem, as one of the channels they pay for is being surreptitiously employed for other purposes? *fascinated... Your PVR decoder is in no way designed to give a local Area Controller further means to monitor and control your paying customers, and I'm a crazy old cow for even suggesting such a thing?

He'd told me yesterday that as much as twenty years ago, one of his relatives had been a lawyer working for Jacob Zuma, and that every time the guy had to attend a Meeting, they'd been forced to place their cellphones in  special container designed to block the signal... Information that had me choking on the spot.. There I'd been, foolishly thinking I was telling you stuff you didn't already know, when I'd said there was an app. that could remotely activate your cell and enhance your off-air conversations, while relaying your words back to an interested party...
I've already discovered that shutting my phones inside a standard foil-lined container doesn't affect the signal at all, and calls continue to come through regardless... The best I can hope for is that our off-air conversations are somewhat degraded, and I'll continue the practise anyway... Try a heavier foil? Maybe...
Too much to do, when all I really fancy doing is vegging out in front of Koos Bekker's contribution to the Cause, and probably passing out under a cloud of the Chronic Fatique frequency that our Controller is so partial too... Time to feed the birds.. Ciao...

---oOo---

Friday 11th January 2013 at 8.07am...