Monday, January 07, 2013

Addiction...
(begun Tuesday 8th January at 2.45am..)


*Our Kyocera iBurst modem continues to be compromised this morning, while my updates are not appearing on the twitter-deck.. Messy, but effective? *

What's your excuse?  Genuinely can't sleep, or you finally made it to the Master Class, and can join the Sadist as he leaps into home after home under cover of darkness?  I was up at 1.30am, and found the GW snoring on the sofa, and after that my head was simply too full of pesky thoughts to go back to the land of Nod...  There's a lot of cloud rushing down from the North East, and I'd lain there watching, pretending it was the house moving, and not the clouds...
The heat here in the back room has just tripled, as my Watcher changes focus from the bedroom to here..
I'd become aware that the BackFire frequency was unpleasantly high as I'd lain there looking out of the window, but oddly, it was somehow in the background, and not a full-on assault...
At around 2.30am, that weird cramp had arrived in the front of my shin, and my two fingers and thumb had died a now very familiar death.. The Experiment's version of the Klingon greeting sign?  Pretty much..*shrugs..

It must have been the week before Uni closed for the Christmas vacs that I'd written a brief letter to the Physics Department at UKZN, and believe me, I must have been pushed to the limit to try that route... I can't even remember what I'd said, but I'd had to ask her for their department email addies...  My Network Admin had created his usual mischief when I'd finally come to send those letters out, and in the end I'd forwarded them to her office and asked her to get them to their destinations...  Typically, I'd not given it another thought after that, which was an oversight my Controller most certainly hadn't made....

When I saw her last night at the CPF Meeting, the first thing she'd said to me had been 'look at my eyes'.. Ring a bell?  How often I sat here at the desk in the early hours, whining of my burning, running eyes?  I'd been pulling weeds on the first terrace yesterday morning, when I'd felt a sudden deep ache behind the bridge of my nose and eyes, and I'd though WTF, sinus?   It had passed quickly enough, and I'd thought no more about it, until she'd spoken to me last night...
Had that tiny episode out in the garden been some sort of sympathy pangs at what she was enduring over at her office at that exact moment, or had the scurvy Bastard been unable to resist giving me a puff of that once-familiar frequency?

Her doctor apparently has no idea what's causing her eyes and sinuses so much discomfort, and I think he gave her some medication 'in case it's an infection' and said she'll be fine.... * That old pink bar has just popped up at the top of my screen to say an error has occurred while trying to save my update.. yadda, yadda, yadda...*  Will she be fine?  *looks at the Pain Bringer... You lot were amused by the brief chat some of us had had on the matter of karma, last night?  The old Omnipotence Disease had you and your fellow Eavesdroppers sniggering away at our foolish concept of what goes round..?
I confess I had my own private chuckle at how it must pain you and the Crumb to have been forced to retreat from the Honourable Man's powerlines, for the moment at least....

Were you told that as long as he shows no interest whatsoever in my tale of woe, you're to stop harrassing him with the Throat Choker frequency?   That there's a chance the opportunity to convert him to the Trojan Horse Sales Pitch will again arise, if it hasn't already?   I've found out the hard way that even the highest principled out there can be bamboozled into believing this magical surveillance technology will save the country from ruin, and so I'll wait with interest to see how successful you are with my Vice Chair, and your efforts to get past his moral integrity....

I love the scramble that goes on behind the scenes when there's a Sector Policing Meeting due.. How the shifty Eavesdroppers salivate eagerly over their monitors, with the audio cranked to the max, in the hopes that one of them will catch something worthy of their efforts.. *snorts.. Any luck last night, or was the brief conversation about her eye problems the highlight of your evening?    Other than that unfortunate target, is anyone else due to come to regret a passing remark you overheard last night?  What am I saying?   The Zone's your oyster, and you've never needed an excuse to access a Sucker's home in the past, so why would that change now?

I guess the penny had dropped when she'd briefly mentioned that the would-be Politician had moved back home, and there I'd been thinking her flue was due to some extra attention paid her by the King of Capell Road..*chokes... Has he been told to hone his hacking/laser skillz, and to sit tight until the next Elections, when Earl will see to it that he has better luck than the last time? Promises, promises.. Easy to make and even easier to break, right Mr. Barnabas?   Once that young man inevitably becomes addicted to the Look and Listen data thievery, you'll own him as surely as any of your banned-substance customers, and that's a fact...

Sort of ironic how similar this Experiment is to your previous business ventures, is it not, and it goes a long way to explaining how you came by your title of Marketing and Promotions Manager for the Project...
The morbid fascination that appears to creep up on the Recruits as they peer into every facet of a target's private life, becomes something most of them can't do without, while the risks posed to their health are every bit as dangerous as the high-end drugs that made your fortune, if not more so....
Still a Druglord then, but one that sells a new and enticing product that threatens to saturate the world.. The means to thieve the privacy of anyone you choose is heady stuff, and it's proving irresistible to the chosen Converts, is it not?

LATER at 4.30am

I'd walked into the kitchen at 4.15am to put the chicken livers on to cook, and my Monitor had thudded gracelessly into the microwave jackpoint, causing the timer's dial face to flash in surprise...*eyeroll.. Messy, but there's been very little necessity for employing finesse when it comes to these two slow-thinking Stooges, ain't that a fact, Balliram?  The countless times I've seen you throw yourself into one of my three cellphones, causing the screen to flash momentarily as I pass by, is another clear indication of your smug ownership, and you barely bother to hide your presence....
It's been  a while since last the contrived mischief had included the Kyocera iBurst modem, but that was resumed yesterday, probably out of boredom, and it declined to load all five green lights, despite re-setting it right back to the wall jack.   I've no doubt that nonsense will continue today... *yawns.. (Later: and yes, I was right on that score...)
My gmail is now so obviously corrupted and manipulated it's a joke, and even has the usually oblivious GW looking at it sideways...

Dare I say that the cruelty conducted in our home yesterday had been almost civilised?  Sure, there'd been the usual cattle-prod jabs to my side or my lower back, and at 1pm some serious shit had arrived in the lounge, but it hadn't lasted long..
At 3.20 there'd been another savage flurry of the Knives to the Back frequency, just before the GW had headed out to the shops, and at 5.30pm a repeat was carried out in the kitchen.. You're bored by my constant referrals to the time?  Don't be, as I'm firmly of the opinion that (doesn't it just drive you wild when I say that?) credit should be apportioned where it's due... It's obvious that damaging target's physically forms a vital part of a Recruit's training, and that some sort of points system must be in place to serve as an incentive to further corrupt these soldiers of the Yellow Army.. I'm doing my best to see YOUR special skillz are noted, hence the somewhat repetitive time lines...
Sometime between 2.15pm and heading over to the mybroadband forum at 2.28pm, I'd discovered halicon and the Beemer Rentboy sitting cosily side by side in my gmail, with their little lights a dull orange.. *interested..

LATER at 5.46am

I've just been neatly nailed here at the desk by a hefty dose of the Throat Choker frequency.. Enough to have my dry-hacking reach near retching proportions in seconds.. *applauds...
Who was it that had finally broken the news to Balliram that it was all systems go, and that No.s 4, 5 and 8 Harris Crescent were his for the Owning?   Allen Spence?  Jannie van Zyl?  Earl Michael Barnabas?  The anticipation of the payback that was to follow must have had the Monster drooling all down his frontage.. *eyeroll.. Halcyon days, hey Master?  As nothing's changed much in the eight years since that glorious kick-off, there's no need for you to lurk sullenly in the background, dragging your lip?  There's still much pleasure to be had in encouraging your Cadets to cause us pain, while there's the entire Zone Community to be invaded and damaged on a whim...
Life couldn't get much better for the Seriously Corrupt, could it dear?
Peace..

---oOo---

Tuesday 8th January 2013 at 6.51am.