Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rattled..
(begun Thursday 11th October at 3.05am..)


He's really keen this morning... I mean really keen... I'd gone to the loo at 2.30am, (and triggered that vociferous little NAT as I'd crossed it's path), but half an hour later, when it had looked like I was going to escape back to Nod, he'd simply stuck his knife into Millie the once, and I hadn't argued..
There's that faint but steady background rumble out there, which may or may not be an aircon unit nearby, or roadworks over in Brickfield, it's impossible to tell...
There'd been a surfeit of spite employed in the monitoring all day yesterday, and if it wasn't eye-watering levels of the BackFire frequency, it had been the knee Hopalong frequency that they'd used...

I'd logged back on at about 2.30pm to edit my blog update, and had as always, ended up going over to browse at mybroadband.  Oops!  For the second time in as many days a major fumble occurred, and the opening page had vanished as quickly as it had loaded, and there I was, back to the Desktop.  *chokes.. It was restored in seconds, and with it came a horrendous increase in the BackFire frequency... Can I guess?  His Shiftyness has a standing instruction to be at my shoulder when I sign into rpm's site?  Shame... *eyeroll...
I see I noted at 4.25pm that the BF had gone off the scale again, and that I'd asked several times that it be reduced, to no avail... It will have been round about then that I'd hauled the camera out and caught THESE two Permanent Force members skulking on the ceiling just to my right...

While I've enough shots of that one little rectangle of white to know that it's an alternative option to a sphere, I've never before had two of them, and I was delighted when I caught three shots of the duo in a row...HERE.. A safety precaution that enables Balliram to keep an eye on us remotely, and to take over from whichever proxy/student/sucker was supposedly handling the monitoring at the time?  Why two?  Was that poor Mr. P snuggled up with our Controller?   Out of curiosity I'd put the camera on the Self-Timer and taken a few shots, though the results hadn't shown any spheres nearby my fugly mug...
At 8.15pm I'd packed up in the lounge and had gone out onto the verandah to try the Self-Timer thing again...
The flash had gone off three or four times already before Balliram had cottoned on and had chirruped his remote loudly to let me know...
Looking at the results a while later, I'd deleted three of the four straight away.. Number four had a large, though fuzzy sphere hanging against the garden wall to the left of where I was sitting on the verandah..*blinks.. Enough to convince anyone apart from myself?  I simply don't know, but I'm going to try and do better, that's for sure...

LATER at 4am..

Easier said than done.. There was never a reason to kit me out with my own glowing orb, as he already has access to every inch of our home, both inside and out... *yawns.. The sphere I caught sitting next to me last night, had little to do with a designated monitor, and had just been one of many hanging about at that time..
I've been trying a similar exercise, this time at the kitchen door, and needless to say, the results were a total FAIL.. *mutters...

Okay - Now let's get down to the real reason why the Sadist was so determined to get me out of bed and yapping...
I'd been nearest the landline when it rang last night, and I'd picked up only to hear Miss R's enthusiastic voice the other end.. She'd asked to speak to me, and without hesitation I'd said I was in the bath, and had hung up. Nice one.  Thoroughly rattled, guilt had me fishing out the phone directory almost immediately, and I'd asked the GW to see if he could find her number on the phone's screen.. (He couldn't).  I was already dialling the Asherville number when her second attempt got through, and she'd launched into why the GW shouldn't have hung up on her.. *purple with shame...

Pointless trying to get a word in and say that it had been me that had put the phone down so abruptly, as she was already off and running, and she simply didn't draw breath for a second.. (If that doesn't sound familiar to you, it certainly does to me..)  She'd referred to herself more than once as an Activist, and had said she was a good communicator..*blinks... I guess she has plenty of family around, but that like me, she's alienated them with her wild-sounding allegations... So, what did I get from that outburst, once her airtime had finally run out for good?  Apart from a stern reminder to be careful what you wish for?
She appears to be dealing with Balliram's mischief rather differently to me, but it's undeniable she's got balls..
Has she read Harry Potter?  Her really odd habit of refusing to say Michael Barnabas' name over the phone, and repeatedly inserting the Big Boss instead, was unsettling, to say the least...

When I'd managed to ask just how she was communicating with Barnabas, as she'd claimed, it turned out she was simply speaking out loud to him in her home, as I do with the Pig, and I'd had to point out that I'd been told that His Lordship apparently spent more time abroad than at home these days.. She fell on that revelation and said that would explain why Balliram had resumed and increased his terror tactics.. *sighs..
*It's now nudging 4.30am, and suddenly the mild BF has increased to a few spiteful Knives to the Back*
As far as I can make out, in return for her support, I am to write what she tells me to say here on my blog..
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, and I was adamant that she start her own blog, which I would back whole-heartedly...
'This whole surveillance system must be brought to the Public's attention, quoth she.. Going on to say that she'd attend our CPF Meeting and speak out about it.. You'll get laughed out of the door, I'd replied.  Are the members all so bad?  Not at all, they're wonderful people, but those that are committed to the Experiment have been sworn to secrecy, and would merely ask you for proof of your allegations...

Does Miss R. have any such proof?  Highly unlikely, and therefore any attempt to speak of it openly is doomed to fail... Turns out that the young lady has a genuine fear of what will become of her should anything happen to me, and again I'd suggested she create her own blog as some sort of safety precaution..
Shut down the Experiment totally?  This new kid on the block is living in a dream world, and hasn't yet met the Sadist's Pandora's box of New Age weaponry, and godforbid she ever does...
Things getting boring out there Balliram?  Thought you'd up the ante a bit, in an attempt to prove you're still the Supreme Ringmaster?
Do us all a favour and bugger off.. You're no more than a power-drunk Criminal with a flair for inflicting pain on the vulnerable...

It's your foul-ups that have opened my eyes to the mysteries of the Experiment.. Yours, and yours alone.. Continuing to cause mischief for Miss R, could backfire on you massively..  Are you going to risk it, and are you still foolishly confident you can get away with it, and still keep your coat of whitewash unblemished?
The young lady will have to get over her disappointment at my shallow behaviour, and decide what her next move will be.. Pumped to the hilt with spiritual fervour, and the belief that Good will always triumph over Evil, I defy her to endure eight years of physical torture and retain her enthusiasm... (Excuses, excuses, excuses....)
Don't get me wrong - I'm as fascinated as ever I was, but have discovered that it's more the actual workings of this fantabulous technology that intrigues me right now, than the pathetic Criminals it's been handed to, to operate.. It's getting light out and I must go..

LATER at 6.25am

I'd headed up top at 6am, and the Poor Thing had been poised and waiting for me... As I'd leaned over the low wall with the Nobster's treat, he'd let rip with his racuous house alarm.. Shame..
Amazingly, the engine had caught on the first try, and had gone into a whistling noise not unlike that of a fan-belt on it's way out... I left it running while I'd washed the car, and it had settled down soon enough..
I'm well aware that those two tiny smidgeons of unmovable white substance on the bonnet make it a simple matter for our Controller to bounce on in to the garage remotely, and to cause any manner of mischief to my vehicle...
I suspect it was Vincent who'd gone overboard when he daubed the laser-attracting stuff on all our rafters above the car HERE, ensuring that Balliram can't miss...

LATER at 2.20pm

On my solo trip out this morning I'd sailed up to Westville without a twinge of anything, until I'd turned off Jan Smuts to go back over the Jan Hofmyer bridge and up to the Village Market... A fierce earache in both ears confirmed that whatever ES Electrical had been doing on that verge by the bridge a couple of months ago, was pretty big bananas... As I'd driven on past the garage on my right, the earache was swopped for a wall of the BackFire frequency that had happily disappeared once I'd gone into the little shopping centre itself..
My outing later with the GameWrecker had been fairly pleasant, although I got nailed inside Knowles itself.. As we'd had four cellphones between us, I'd have to say I probably deserved the merry session of Knives to the Back that ensued once Balliram had pinned us down to the right table..
Plenty of jabs to the Back as we'd passed various radio masts and cell towers, and I can only hope that the Students tracking us today, got an A for their effing efforts...

I've come home to an as yet pretty reserved Monitor, who at worst caused the BackFire and a heatwave to kick in as they attempted to read my scribbles here at the desk... I had a word and they've retreated for the moment.. Halleluja!  Times up..
Peace..

---oOo---

Thursday 11th October 2012 at 3.40pm