Sunday, August 26, 2012

Curses..
(begun Saturday 25th August at 6am..)

*Advanced Class, A? ;}*

At 5.45am I'd looked up out of the kitchen window to see a sort of misty glow coming from the area near the Accountant's hidden-from-view streetlight.  The moon, perhaps?  It was that powerful that it got me out onto the front lawn by the birdbath, where I can actually see Freddie's streetlight, and as I'd watched, a tiny silver light had flashed brightly at me from where?  One of the shiny metal bands that support the cabling? Oops?  The haze appeared to be around the enhancer that's fixed to the front of Fred's garage, and although I can't see the lamp itself, it was clearly pumping out way more energy than the others nearby...
Were they busy watching someone out on the street at 5.50am?  Were YOU reversing out of your driveway at that hour, for all that additional surveillance to have been enabled? *curious...

Does it make you feel safe to know that you're being watched by your Area Controller?  That if a car were to pull up next to yours in the pre-dawn light, and armed gunmen surrounded you, you could rest assured your Tutor/Area Controller has a plan in place to save both you and your 4-wheeled asset?
There's no such back-up plan in place?  *astonished... After all your years of loyalty to the Surveillance 'experiment,' you're as vulnerable as the rest of us, despite all this cunning technology?  Dayem...

LATER at 6.40am

How do the BigKnobs at Multi-Choice feel, knowing their loyal customers are having their expensive service deliberately corrupted by less-than-savoury Area Controllers?  They give a damn?  Despite being fully aware that the DSTV decoders are an integral part of the Surveillance technology, I continue to regard the service as a delightful luxury, and say so whenever I can... Like that helps.. *snorts...
The GW forks out for the premium package, and up until a few days ago we were still having problems with the Universal Channel 108.  We'd more often than not get sound but no picture... I've already recorded our previous visit to the Multi-Choice offices at Umhlanga Ridge, when we were forced to have our decoder 'upgraded,' and that's a long way to go, when you consider that the problems we encounter are generated a few metres from ours at No. 6... *spits...

Are many other complaints received about the ridiculous 'lag' encountered since so many decoders have been linked to the Surveillance Grid, or are we the only suckers to endure this nonsense?  New batteries in the remote?  We have two of those, and it would be a little hard to swallow that both remotes run out at the same time... You're making money hand over fist by providing a service (going by all the reruns) that hardly dents your takings..  It's time you sat up and paid attention to the quality of Area Controller who 'manages' your expensive packages... In our case the Cracker, Collin P. Balliram, who comes along with his 'you ain't the Boss of me' mantra...
Do you have any idea of the corruption and mischief that continues to be caused by this single, much-lauded Cracker, who drew unwanted attention to himself back in MWeb's Studio 54 #trivia channel days?  No? And you don't care, either?  You might consider having a word with your old friend Jannie van Zyl, about the attention drawn to your Multi-Choice decoders and satellite dishes by his Pet IT Monkey down here in eThekwini.... Or not...*shrugs

LATER at 10.25am

I fly on a wing and a prayer, and if I'm let down, it's more often than not a User Error... Obliging twit that I am, I'll wear almost any coat you toss my way.. Unpleasant?  Sure, why not?  Creepy?  That one came out of left-field, but from an impeccable source, and therefore I must wear it... *sighs...
Did I creep you out when you bounced onto my Desktop at Start-up, and I'd said Good Morning loud and clear?  Is that why the PC crashed, and I was forced to restart...?  Why would my acknowledgement of your arrival freak you out like that?  *see prologue to previous update...  Geez Louise - don't bail on me at this point in time FFS... What am I?
Apart from the accredited Village Idiot, who likes to get on with everyone, and doesn't much care for secrets?  Some sort of dangerously simple freakazoid who must be treated like the plague?  Someone who can talk the hind leg off a donkey, and have you nodding off in the first sixty seconds?  Right.
So you've got your Hacker's certificate by now.. Where to from there?  Advanced Class?  Promises of a lucrative income down the line, if you stick at it?  Seriously?  Are you being trained to use the powerlines to access Sue the Book's home at No. 4 as well, or is your hacking restricted to just our PC?  In which case, if it's the latter, you wouldn't have a clue what your Tutor is up to on our powerlines, now would you?

Monday 27th August at 4.15am

I know someone who insists she can sum a person up at first sight.. That's some skill indeed... I don't recall seeing a picture of Johan Booysens where he looks anything other than a genuinely nice guy, but then I seem to think I was yapping earlier on about appearances being deceptive...
The whole sorry business with the Cato Manor Unit is still beyond me, though it's always possible it's some sort of massively convoluted sting operation, designed to catch the Seriously Rotten, and I don't mean Booysens, either...
Why do they keep mentioning the AirWing Chopper Base  *ooooh, at this point the Knives to the Back frequency has arrived - Isn't that interesting?* as being involved?  Where is our Majoor Groenewald in all of this?

Currently wearing the official Technical Services uniform of which hospital, this week?  Has he done playing Head of Tech Services at St. Augustines for the time being, or does he nip back to wire up a different doctor's rooms each time they find a new target to amuse themselves with?   Where are the two plainclothes cops that delivered our bugged Samsung washing machine?  Where is Groenewald stationed?  At the Airwing chopper base itself, in an unmarked office?
When you look at the charges Booysens faces, the idea that  he is aware that supposedly Good Intelligence Agents are resorting to satellite-feed premieres involving innocent labrats, set up to amuse the Troops, is feasible...
If the random murders and massacres aren't enough to toughen the guys up, why not set up some minor torture tableaux to sort the men from the boys?
Get a Mob Puppet to tamper with the anaesthetic, and arrange for a live satellite feed using the doctor's aircon unit, and bingo, you've got a neat, albeit sick, mini-production to add to the training manual... *vomits.. See now, if Johan Booysens is aware of these specific theatrical productions doing the rounds among the so-called Intelligence Officers, his face certainly doesn't show it..

I heard a rumour that Michael Barnabas has gone International?  That he spends a lot of time abroad these days?  Did the Project Authors see to it that our Earl was bumped up to Consultant Status, much like Sutcliffe was rewarded, once he'd achieved the complete ruination of eThekwini?   Does Missus Barnabas travel with him, or is she left at home to take her chances under the appalling blanket of technology that covers the Zone?  I'm betting I know the answer to that one.. *gags...

The two dogs had gone rushing outside at about 4.45am, shrieking that they'd heard an intruder.. I'd followed them at a more leisurely pace, being as how we'd had our Landscape Artist over yesterday, and it's a given he's added some more embellishments to the boundary wall down there... *yawns..
I've already hosed off a couple of his efforts out the back, and have a couple more that will need a zimmies attention, but there will be many more that I'll never find... *shrugs...
I'd watched the poor chap as he self-consciously tried to hide what he's up to, but it's too darned easy... As soon as the sound of his gardening labours cease, I prick up my ears and pay attention, and when he spends more than the usual amount of time in one area, I generally find the results after he's left...

The payback for daring to mention Missus Courageous' involvement in our torture, in my previous update?  The Knob didn't let up all day yesterday, and the log I've kept, makes for remarkable, if sickening reading...  His finest hour came at 2.05pm in the afternoon, as I'd strolled in here to fetch something, and I'd literally roared out loud with pain and shock at the Knife he'd stuck into Millie without any warning... I'd hot-footed it down to the lounge only to endure a repeat, and I've no doubt that if our Freddie had been listening, even without the audio-monitoring devices, he would have heard my curses right up at No. 12...
My Good Neighbours?  If either of them were home to hear my twice bellowed Get The F*ck out of my house, they didn't say anything...

Was it good for you, Balliram?  Really?  Did my roars of pain thrill you to your rotten core?  I'd fallen into my targeted chair in the lounge straight after that delightful demonstration of power, and at 2.15pm the Sadist had activated the Lazarus wireless enhancer outside the lounge window, to make sure he didn't miss so much as a grimace or tear... *vomits profusely....
He has alibis?  I figure he's beyond bothering with such niceties by now, as he has you all eating out of his filthy hands.. *shrugs...
At 5.25pm he'd attempted a repeat performance, that eventually settled to become a dull earache...

The high-pitched whine as my kitchen appliances/light groans to cope with the hugely increased levels of energy he's pumping into our home, remains fairly quiet so far... I'd just been drifting off on Saturday night at 10.10pm, when I realised I must have left the ceiling fan on, as I could hear a persistent and steady background hum.. When I opened my eyes, it wasn't running, though I guess there was something active up there to create that sound... CleverDick did the same thing last night, but I simply put him on Ignore and fell asleep...

Will the pages I waste describing my Area Controller's sadistic prowess ever lead to him acquiring a proper job, or have prospective employers come to recognize the flicker of madness that threatens to engulf him? *waits...
Peace...

---oOo---

Monday 27th August 2012 at 8.52am.