Thursday, July 05, 2012

O Canada....
(begun Thursday 5th June at 5am...)


My head feels squeezed in a vice, to the point where my ears are aching, and the Starter Gate stubbornly refuses to lift.. I've not been outside yet, but I imagine there's still some cloud-cover around, and that it's pushing that blanket of holograms down on me till I'm about to explode.. *shrugs... Anyone else from down this way, that wondered if yesterday's weather was for real?
That crazy hot Berg wind that wouldn't shift until a real buster blew up at dusk?

I re-read Martin Welz' Smoke and Mirrors piece in the Tribune carefully, with the result that I feel even more strongly the row between him and the Sunday Times Editor is being stage-managed to our cost.. *blinks.. Was there a bonus for the strategist who first came up with the idea to use the Cato Manor Squad to engineer a fall-out between the two journalists?  A disagreement that finally had me questioning Noseweek's credibility?  After all, of the two, Welz is the bloke who could ask some really awkward questions, should he get wind of the Surveillance technology, and what it's designed to achieve...  Does anyone care enough to contact those two more than ruffled roosters and put it to them that they've both been played for Suckers, and that it would be to their benefit and ours if they set aside their differences and pulled together? Or do they each have someone they trust, whispering in their ears, to ensure they stay divided? *curious...

LATER at 6.50pm

Hmm.. That's at least the third or fourth time the Chop's house-alarm has gone off this evening.. Want to bet he made some changes to his system today, and now there's a glitch? *eyeroll..  The Call to Prayer is floating down the valley from the Sparks Road mosque, and that huge yellow moon should surely be rising anytime now...
It's been an odd sort of day, and for the first time in ages I've wondered about those chaps in their white coats, and whether they're looking for me after all...
When I'd done my usual drop-off at Dodge City this morning, I'd walked smack into a little Prayer meeting.. Did I turn tail and run? I did not.. It's like riding a bike, and I let it wash over me comfortably before I hit the road and headed back home...  It reminded me of how much I love the neighbourhood, and how willing so many people are to offer to pray for me, despite my obvious shortcomings, and I'll never look a gift horse in the mouth in that regard....

What happened to PAGAD?   Did Barnabas persuade them to disband the local chapter in favour of watching stolen satellite images of unsuspecting females taking their baths, or sitting on the loo?  Did some of the porkier members hastily go on a diet and join a gym, just in case they themselves were ever caught on camera and ridiculed?  *winks at the Reservist... Man, you sure keep some strange company.. Have I seen myself lately?  No more than usual, dude, though I was really surprised by your bizarre interest, and I clearly misjudged you badly... *shrugs.. How are your buddies up in Mayfield doing?  Still no visible effects from the fall-out?

I'd been heading back to my car up at the Farmers Market at Jimmy Bellows this morning, when the Muni cherry-picker pulled in.  They saw me stop dead in my tracks, and they'd gone on to pull up at the gates to the sports field, where I'd hazard they made a hasty call or two before they'd hung a U-turn and left as quickly as they'd arrived... Not before I'd whipped out the old Panasonic and snapped THIS excellent shot... *grins..  I'd barely gotten into the car when their team mates arrived, in the form of a big Muni Water Department Lorry, and one of the three guys sitting in the front seat had actually leaned forward and waved to me.. Cheeky bugger! *beams...

I'm well aware that there's probably only a handful of you that can make sense of my incoherent babblings, and for that reason I've always tried to come up with an update title that will hook you... I'd begun by using random lines from songs that I liked, and after that it was hmm, old sayings and proverbs.. For three days now, I've badly wanted to use O Canada as my title, and I haven't had a clue why.. Is my head indeed cooked to a turn?
When I'd logged on this afternoon, there'd been a forwarded mail in my box.. A mail that said Steph Roux had been working in Canada up until 2004, at which point he'd headed back to South Africa... Circumstantial se GAT!!!
Anyone willing to poke around and find out which city he'd been working in, and whether he'd left behind a bunch of sick people, by the time he'd finished?  Any Canadians on the Yahoo EMR Refugees group? *makes a note to check the Tangling with Telecoms article in the Popular Mechanics July 2011.

When he got the call, can you begin to imagine his delight as a Physicist, to be offered an entire country on which to experiment, and limitless resources?  Was he even remotely interested in feedback on his unfortunate guinea-pigs here in Sherwood, and down at the Cato Crest Settlement?  Allen?  Did anyone bother to tell the scientist that it was a DRUGLORD who was tasked to oversee the recruitment here in the Zone?
I have to laugh.... Like he would've given it a second thought.. Did the Telkom BigWigs even attempt to tell him of the means they planned to use to get the system up and running with such eye-watering speed? Crime Bosses and Druglords, handed control over great swathes of the country, by means of the laser technology.. A technology that would ultimately bring the population to it's knees, or kill them off, one way or another...
You can all see it happening, but you studiously concentrate on the small stuff like non-existent service delivery or corruption, and you refuse to join the dots....

If there'd been so much as one shred of honesty about this Project, I probably would've joined the heaving flock of sheep heading blindly for the abattoir, without question, but there hasn't been such a thing... From Stef Roux and his 'perfectly safe' quantum laser communications technology, to the bald-faced lies from the Telkom Strategist, to our Superintendent of Electricity for Durban and his 'anti cable theft' bullshit, never mind Neil McCleod, and the whoppers he trots out daily....
Are they not all priviliged, well-educated members of society, quite unlike so many of the greedy Trough Feeders in the Ruling Party, who have been encouraged to thieve what they can, while they can?
Are you not disgusted and appalled by the 'means to an end' tenet that appears to be the mantra adopted by these pseudo-intellectuals?


Is there a connection between mirrors and lasers, and why does the bolt of light on the door in my passage refuse to appear this evening?  There's a small wall-mirror hanging in the room at the end of the passage, so I took it off in case it might be somehow causing that odd phenomenon.. The resulting shots showed a blank door, and my heart sank....
I put the mirror back and took more pictures, and I'm happy to say there was still nothing, so I must conclude that whatever power it is that's creating that pretty thing, has been temporarily deactivated....


My Controller and his colleagues saw to it this morning that my trip out in the Polo was a white-knuckled ride of pain, and in the end I'd asked the GameWrecker if he'd put his two cellphones and mine in his boot, and see if it made any difference.. He'd kindly obliged, and though it took some fifteen minutes before I noticed any improvement, it was quite remarkable how the BackFire had vanished...
We'd gone on to take a drive along the beachfront, where a dull thumping ache in all the fillings on the right side of my mouth had kicked in, to ultimately become earache... *blinks...
Godwilling that scurvy little Crook, Sutcliffe, is holed up in his beachfront penthouse, breathing deeply of the poison he signed us up for...
All those innocent people putting their life-savings into a sea-view home for their retirement, totally oblivious to the wall of technology that's battering them down, along the so-called Golden Mile.. Australia doesn't have the Blue Flag status either, Mikey?  Why not?  Have our friends i3 Networks been working their sewage line magic over in Oz already?  You betcha.... *pukes...

LATER at 8.45pm

His alarm has just rung endlessly, for the umpteenth time tonight... I took the dogs out in the moonlight for their pee, and found that my Controller has no lights on down by his Servant's quarters, and it's as black as pitch.... It's anyone's guess whether His Shiftyness is in der Bunker, or further afield, but it's a given that he's triggering his own alarm..*yawns...

Friday 6th July at 4.15am

Can I be bothered to take the ladder up to our garage and wire-brush as many of THESE white laser-attracting marks off of the rafters, as I can?  Each time I see the dents in my car's roof and trunk, I'm tempted to do just that, but inevitably the irritation passes...
V had clearly been ordered to swop his Landscape Artist's hat for his Interior Decorator guise, and who am I to destroy the fruits of his labours?
Peace..
Edit at 8.55am:  As usual, the published piece has some seriously flaws in it's spacing.  More fiddling from my Network Admin?

---oOo---

Friday 6th July 2012 at 8.47am..