Friday, June 01, 2012

OVERTIME..
(begun Wednesday 30th May at 5.55am..)

I took the bags of trash up top about ten minutes ago, and then sat down on the steps up there, for a bit... Five minutes or less and I heard a security gate being unlocked and then a thud as something landed in the courtyard below.. Newspaper?  When I went back down my two cats were sitting outside the back door, interested, but not startled... The thud must have been in Balliram's washing line area then... *yawns..
Another early start Master mine? Can we do a head count to see who has actually left your property by 8am and who remains quietly behind? No-one that you'll admit to, apart from your domestic, I'll be bound.. *nods...
The newer remote 'woops!' during each day at the oddest of times, and at first I'd though he'd arranged for Thoko to push that button randomly to create confusion...  That's no longer the case and I'm 100% sure that someone, for whatever reason, stays behind at No. 6 during the day.  Someone who's keeping a really close watch on me.. *flattered...

LATER at 6.25am

I'd just washed my hair as usual, and my hands were still fairly cold when I hovered the hair dryer plug over the empty four point adaptor... Astonishingly, there was heat coming off it, and I figure I'm really going to have to try and remember to unplug the adaptor at the wall jack when it's not in use.. What levels of shit is Balliram flooding into our home that can cause me to feel that heat without even touching the darned thing?

Thursday 31st May at 4.55am

I'd thought I might feel a touch self-conscious when I attended last night's Motherbody Meeting up at Dodge... I was wrong, and it wasn't me that kept up an aimless stream of idle chatter, prior to the Meeting's start.. *grins...Sensitive material under discussion? I should say not... *chokes...
I'd asked my VC afterwards if he knew why Dennis P hadn't pitched, and he'd replied that the chap had been asked to refrain from attending Motherbody Meetings... *startled...Like I said, though I've had no more than a couple of mails from that gentleman, and certainly have never mentioned the possible return of the Good Cop, Marillier to Dodge, in our brief communiques, it appears that the Crumb had a successful spring-clean after all...

One out of two ain't bad, hey Laz?  You can put up with my fugliness studying you at length during those get-togethers, as long as that outspoken and persistent Bull Terrier keeps his distance?  The rest of us are pretty much a doddle to manipulate, are we not? *teeth....
He has back problems?  Have they worsened to a shocking degree over the past few months, and would it be worth my while to call him and find out?  Is he destined like the Bear, to go down with some form of terminal illness, for his temerity?  *nauseated....

See TB, it's like this... As much as you would tell yourself these things will never take place in your Section, that's utter bollocks... There are always dissenters in every suburb, who will be dealt with just as harshly as the outspoken critics here in the Zone... You can kid yourself it isn't happening, but it is...
As always, it was after the actual Meeting that the most interesting discussions were held, and I've no doubt that a couple of cellphones were remotely accessed in order to enhance what the Suckers thought to be private conversations, and to relay them back to the Eavesdroppers...

A couple of times lately, I've woken to a new and odd sound outside.. Rain?  Rats in the roof?  It's wet outside this morning and you'd think I'd settle for that as the cause, but there's a niggling feeling that it isn't.. If I stir and open my eyes, the sound stops immediately, which tells me that Balliram is most definitely up to something... *curious.. Let wel julle, for I've no doubt whatever it is that's causing that noise, will come to light eventually...
Our PC is still 'at the shop' and may or may not be returned tomorrow... Till then, stay safe...

LATER at 6.05am

As I sat down this minute, the first of today's punches took me unawares, in the ovary area...I'd walked into the bathroom ten minutes earlier, and the Samsung washing machine had greeted me with an audible creak as Balliram leapt on in to join me at my toilet..*snorts.. If my two cats could speak, would they tell me of the laser beams zig-zagging through the passage and into the rooms beyond? Kitz in particular, who loves to chase the rainbows on the carpet caused by the old binocular prisms I have hanging in the lounge window...
She's taken to sitting in this darkened doorway, watching for something intently in the passage.. Something that I certainly can't see... *fascinated..

Friday 1st June at 4.15am

The noisy buzzing nunu nearest this window has been replaced for some time by what could be described as a dripping tap or ticking sound... It's just kicked in now, and all I did was to shake my head and wag my finger towards the curtained window and that baby STFU smartly...*grins...

Yesterday turned out to be great for several reasons, and I predict you're going to battle to keep up as I try in my usual incoherent fashion to fill you in...
The levels of BackFire at Hofmyer had been pretty horrific early on, but whoever was tracking us in the Polo, simmered down considerably, and apart from the inevitable pockets up in Pinetown, it wasn't bad at all...
We'd pulled into Knowles and he'd sat there for a minute before saying he was off to the Gents.. Well then, said I, you'd best switch the engine off... It's off, quoth he... *startled...
Here's the weirdness... It wasn't, despite that he'd cut the ignition.. Something was still running, and I could both feel and almost hear it too.. It's not the first time I've noticed this happening, but this time I could feel it from my feet up, and when I put my hand on the dash it was even stronger...

He'd bustled off irritably, and left me sitting there, rivetted by this latest phenomenon... It's been a while since I was that impressed, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.. We'd bickered about if for a time after that, before I'd given up, but when we'd pulled into Builders Express, there it was again... *beams..
So tellus - What is it that continues to run as much as half an hour after he's switched the engine off? He'd been gone for ages inside the shop and it had suddenly stopped completely about ten minutes before the old man got back to the car, but by then I'd had it marked down as my new project... I'd suggested at Knowles that it was the aircon, and he'd snapped back that he hadn't even had it running... So I'd asked if one could actually see the aircon unit by popping the hood, and he didn't know...*shrugs..

I've just made a coffee and looked up at the Polo to see the familiar green glow coming off it's grille.. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if I went up right now and sat in the car, I'd probably feel the same busy vibration, as the vehicle puts in overtime for the Project... If he went up at daybreak and scouted about under the bonnet, would the GW come across an area that was strangely warm to the touch?  I have my doubts, as that would be too easy.. I'd have to guess whatever it is that's operating under there 24/7, is tucked safely out of sight and reach...

I told you recently of a picture I'd taken of Balliram's streetlight that showed a remarkable change to the light's colour?  How it now gives off a ghostly green hue?  I was heading out to Westville after 8am yesterday when I came across THESE two still active streetlights, one outside The Gatehouse in Garbutt and the other right next to it, but nearer Cullingworth Road. Both were the same pretty green as our Controller's light..*blinks.. I'd stopped on the way home and snapped a couple of pictures to show you....
It wasn't that long ago that I'd caught the Muni's ES Electrical Contractors? fitting that humungous cabling (think double the thickness of a twisted pair) to those very same streetlights HERE, but whether the lamps themselves had been changed back then is doubtful...
When the GameWrecker had finally dropped me off at around two, there'd been a chap up in a cherry-picker working on THIS pole down by the stopstreet... One of the crew had sounded the alarm as we'd pulled up at our gates, and the bucket was brought down with astonishing speed..*chokes.. Not before I'd had my trusty camera out and caught him in mid-descent HERE...
By the time I'd gathered my belongings and hauled myself out of the Polo, the driver himself had gotten out of the cab and he'd returned my thumbs-up cheerfully enough..*grins..
Whatever it was they'd been up to, resulted in our house lights dipping fractionally all evening, right up until bedtime... *yawns...

The GW had arrived home from his final shopping sortie at dusk, and he'd set about replacing the single spotlight that lights the avo tree and the boundary wall, with a double spot.. The results are quite spectacular, and Balliram can no longer claim the pathway next to our lounge is too dark for him to have picked up the Roof Climber.. From the very start I've claimed that much of the engineered crime is designed to encourage home-owners to increase their lighting, thereby giving the signal a boost, and here we are, doing just that.. *falls on over..

Penny was just leaving yesterday when I'd noticed the little chunks of wood lying on the kitchen window-sill out in the courtyard, and I'd seen the big piece of window-frame gouged out HERE and she'd said she didn't see it happen... If it was done by the Roof Jumper, it was pure malice, as both those windows had been open as usual, during his visit... I'd then gone round the front and down the path towards der Bunker... There's a section of damaged masonry that surrounds our side door and I'd made a fist and thumped the cracked bits firmly back in... My thump was immediately returned by a 'woop!' from the remote next door.. I thumped the wall again twice, and twice the remote called back without hesitation, and I'd gone back indoors, bemused by the idiocy of whoever was on guard duty at the time... *eyeroll...

There you have it.. An interesting day, with some seriously over-the-top behaviour from our Controller, or his proxy Safety Net.. Take your pick..

LATER at 7.30am

We're supposed to be getting our upgraded computer back today, so I doubt Balliram will stray far from the Chickencoop... You want odd?  Not one 'woop'!' from the solar remote since it chatted to me at the wall, yesterday afternoon... *snorts...  A massive oops? as I suspect the house guest had thought my thumping was Balliram's wall-jumper communicating with him?  His Shiftyness will have heard me tell the GW of the wall-thumping chat I'd had with our neighbour's remote, and by now will no doubt have his cover story at the ready....
Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 1st June 2012 at 6.o6pm