Friday, June 29, 2012

ICE-BREAKER..
(Thursday 28th June at 4.55am..)


The Head of Sydenham Station's office is a death-trap, and anyone willing to spend more than an hour or two in there each day, needs their head examined.. Are they all like that, or just Dodge City? Crammed into every corner available are wireless devices, plus the invisible extras coming in over the power supplies, and I'd bet that a desk-bound Commander wouldn't see it coming until it was too late...

Someone was paying attention, and the noisy 'nunus' that are dotted about that quadrangle stayed silent, or at least, I didn't hear any.. Nonetheless, the Eavesdroppers were on full alert, and the monitoring levels were higher than I've ever experienced up there before..
Those guys slay me..  They'll sit inside the Meeting and say one thing, and then stroll outside and say another, apparently blissfully unaware that every word they utter can be heard.. *eyeroll...
It's just too damned easy, hey Laz?
Reservoir Hills was on such a high that I doubt he heard a word I said, but I'm guessing you'll keep a closer eye on him for a bit, just in case?  *winks...

As one of the Chosen, I guess he was fairly startled when the dim-witted old biddy started going on about the laser communications system and the toll it's taking on the community's health, but even at that point he was likely running through his Sales spiel and not paying much attention... No matter - I broke the ice, and I figure that's good enough for a start...
I've had no word from Dennis P since I wrote him a couple of weeks back, and I'm tempted to conclude that he is aware of the laser/wireless over the powerlines initiative as well... Either that, or he found my claims so crazy that he's dropped the line of communication... *shrugs...

Friday 29th June at 4.05am

The most you could say in it's favour is that it's practical?  How long ago was it, that I happily told skydog that Balliram's roof was blue? *chokes.. Not much good with colours then?
So far, it turns out that our Area Controller shares the same mid-ochre colour house-paint as the mansion up at No. 16, who are very much on board the Project... *waves to Prameet...  Among the earliest of his 'pupils' to hack into our machine, and I guess if you looked, you'd also find a laser or two lying about that property?  It was good to note that someone was looking out for No. 20.   Though way too late for the kind Mr. Essay, at least his widow and daughter are in with a chance, if indeed that paintwork is EMR-repellant..
No. 18 was a surprise in it's unusual orange finish, and the only other homes I've seen in this shade are at No. 79 Hugo Road, and the Paramedic's abode up opposite the Essays...  No. 79 made it HERE to my album due to their frequent run-offs and the fact that so often there'd been a Telkom bakkie parked outside..

Did you ever manage to find whether the EMR-repellant house paint comes in a variety of colours, and is orange one of them, or am I once again barking up the wrong tree altogether? I'm just curious to see who are the Haves and who are the Have-Nots, as regards taking safety precautions...
My lack of skills in the research field have no doubt caused a fair amount of mirth over the years, but my Tormentors will have seen that even a Simpleton can occasionally get lucky...
I'd been catching up on mybroadband.co.za last night and had stumbled across a post in the Broadband and IT News Forum, begun by bekdik... Twisted light carries 2,5 terabits.. Whatever it was that had intrigued me, had me googling it later...
Nature Photonics?  Twisted waves?  Light and holograms? This is where I ended up: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/20120626/twisted-beams-light-technology-can-transmit-to56-terabits-data-per-second.htm and you all know about those astonishing photos I was lucky to get as I sat in front of the TV some weeks back, and how the strange vapor trails had filled space between me and the goggle-box?  Describing them was impossible until now, and I have bekdik to thank for providing me with the answer... *curtseys...  Twisted waves would exactly describe those swirling images HERE, and I've sent the link on to the Rocket Scientist to check it out...

It turns out that someone else had already posted a thread on that particular subject, that I'd totally overlooked as it was in the Broadband Discussions Forum and begun by Roadrunner..Scientists transmit data wirelessly, and bekdik was informed, and requested the mods delete his thread... This hadn't been done, and I now have to wonder whether someone was being deliberately kind and attempting to catch my attention, or was it just pure coincidence?  Farked if I know, but I'm duly grateful...

The BackFire frequency was literally flooding the area when I took off for the shops yesterday morning, and I'd felt quite haggard by the time I got back home.. *applauds the Controller... Though the majority of you in the Zone will be oblivious to it's presence, I'd have to guess that it batters steadily away at your collective immune systems, despite the inevitable denials that will come from Mistuh van Zyl....  Anything of that intensity in the air can't be good for you in the long run, and that's a fact..
The GW had picked me up just before 10am, and we'd headed up the Crescent to find the cherry-picker parked at the bus stop..
My old man was kind enough to circle the block and go back, so I could get a decent picture HERE.. A muni vehicle with four crew members kitted out in the ubiquitous blue uniforms, all of whom turned their faces away from the camera with alacrity...*grins..

A more embarrassed-looking bunch would be hard to find, though the kid in the bucket grudgingly acknowledged my greeting as we went by...
There'd been a car pulled up on the pavement just beyond the cherry picker, and a witte talking earnestly into his phone as he carefully turned away from us.. Had I been able to identify the logo on his car door, would it have made a difference?  Needless to say, I missed that opportunity and the GW wasn't about to go back a third time... *shrugs...
Did you manage to find that news report on our Cornelis Groesbeek spouting on about the new developments carried out by i3Africa?  New se GAT!!!  As you know, he and his H2O company have been grovelling about in the lines down our end since 2005 at least.  

LATER at 5.25am

Sophie had to go out at 1.40am for a dump, and I'd been idly leaning on the verandah wall waiting for her to finish, when there'd been a sort of 'click' and all the outside lights had visibly dimmed.  Magic!  I've seen that particular phenomenon before, but have no idea what causes it...*baffled...

There'd been the usual unpleasantness from Balliram in order to finally get me out of bed earlier, and when the Ache to the top of the Leg hadn't worked, he'd resorted to jabbing Millie again... *disgusted... He stole my crown as Most Unpleasant Individual a long time back, and he wears it with some sort of nauseating pride, Poor Creature.... With at least triple the amount of pain sensors you plonkers possess, it's no wonder you're so easily able to shrug off my claims of the suffering we endure.. Something to make your mothers proud? *vomits...

LATER at 8.55am

I've just given Flo a lift over to Tollgate, and on the way back along Sparks Road I toyed with the idea of pulling in to Dodge and laying a Charge against Collin P. Balliram.  GBH for starters... Don't be silly, of course I can prove squat, but it would be nice to kick up enough stink to get the press involved....There are a lot of very respectable families here in the Zone that might not care to have their adult offspring associated with the ongoing brutality carried out by this less-than-savoury Area Controller...
Stay safe and
peace..

---oOo---

Friday 29th June 2012 at 9.54am..