Sunday, June 10, 2012

THE HOT SEAT...
(begun Saturday 9th June at 5.15am..)


What are the chances that Chicken a la King has re-inflated his punctured ego by now?  Pretty good, I guess.. Man, has he had those two pesky Labrats on the hop, one way or another.. Manufactured noises, created nearby, and then once the old bitch took over guard duty, the cunning use of the Full Bladder frequency, that had me losing count of the times the GW has shuffled through to take a leak... Hmm.. An earlier start than usual this morning?
His remote has just chirruped, and I'd not be startled to find he was just getting in from a nearby location, only to insist that last night's fun and games had nothing whatsoever to do with him, and he could prove it.. *falls over choking with mirth...
Within minutes of that chirrup sounding, Millie's woken up growling.. Don't psychosomatic BS me either, for I'm more in charge of my head than the State-Appointed NIA-affiliated psycho next door could ever hope to be...

At this point I'm tempted to bring up the bolt of rainbow-hued light that's now appearing regularly in the shots I take down my passage..  While the Olympus is nowhere near as clever as the Panasonic, will you look at what it caught HERE? If I say so myself, that's a fine picture, taken on a relatively inexpensive camera, and it goes to show you could have just as much luck with whatever it is that you use...

To my delight, there'd finally been a few lines from the Physics Professor in my gmail Inbox last night, and I must pen him a reply before I forget..

LATER at 6.05am

Right, that's done, and I'll send it off later on..
We'd had another electric storm last night, albeit briefly, and this morning the moon and the stars are out in a clear sky..  Today's set to be my Landscape Artist's first visit in over a month..  In anticipation of his destructive skills, I'd gone about my garden yesterday, taking as many random pictures as I could, on the off-chance that he will have been ordered to renew the Physcea Grisea applications that have faded in his absence..

Would you care to see the results of his handiwork on the little lemon tree HERE?  Pretty impressive, though I'm guessing it's ruination has been more due to it being in the laser's path, than the oil he eventually poured into it's trunk... *winks... Did I tell you that he'd said paraffin would remove the substance he'd daubed about the Bosch mower's switch and the lead, that gave remote control of that appliance to our Neighbour?  I never did get round to testing out his suggestion, as it was said with a sheepish grin at the time, and a refusal to meet my beady eyes.... *shrugs..

LATER at 9.05am

There'd been a really big power dip at 7.25am, though the telly had managed to recover itself... In preparation for Vincent's visit?   I went up top a short while back, past where V busy working on the terraces, and I took a picture of the crumbling driveway..  Before he'd even arrived I'd shoved a big solid stone into the gaping hole and had fetched a bucket of earth and tamped it in tightly.. On the way back down I stopped and took a photo of the lilac allamander tree as well, saying to V that I wanted to see what was due to be killed off today, before I carried on back down inside..
The sound of the slasher stopped abruptly as he vanished up the top out of sight, no doubt to make a swift call to his Orders Clerk... *eyeroll...

It appears I've got it wrong again, and that Baliram is in no hurry to have the fiddlewood tree or the petria pruned back in the front garden, after all... I'd told the gardener quite clearly on his last visit that he could go ahead and cut them back to keep Balliram happy, but instead he seems to have been told to concentrate on the back garden..*puzzled... Ours not to reason why, Master?
Will there be a 'marked' (!) and visible increase in the lichen and other applications made to those terrace walls once he's left?  Will I be able to show the GW the photos I'd taken yesterday to compare to the results of Vincent's labours today? *yawns...
I'm sitting on the kitchen stool scribbling away, with a bird's-eye view of the young man, as he watches me carefully out the corner of his eye..*grins.. Not an ideal situation, but one that was pretty much thrust on us both...

I'd had a wry chuckle much earlier on, as I'd sat tugging at the newly sprouted hairs on my chin.. From out of nowhere I'd grown an astonishingly firm pair of cojones some six years ago, and I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're now being joined by a persistent amount of facial hair.. Laser treatment?  Are you kidding me!?  *mutters....  The hours until 2pm and V's departure, are going to drag mightily, and I find myself feeling sorry for the youngster, so I guess I'll go sit elsewhere and let him get on with using whatever it is that's stuffed in his pockets... *sighs..

LATER at 10.35am

Sitting next to the kettle jack in the kitchen had the Sadist pulling out all the stops, and by the time I'd retreated to my corner of the lounge, he'd had the BackFire levels running hammer and tongs..*wipes nose..  I'd picked up the Olympus and taken a shot of the ceiling above me, and the window right next to me.. The GW wouldn't recognize a laser beam if it up and bit him on the bum, but I will insist that I hit the jackpot right then... Will you check out THIS bolt of light running through the burglar bar into the lounge ?  And it's companion, right behind it HERE?  Clearly a regular path, and it would explain the extreme corrosion to those bars quite neatly... *beams...
Balliram wasn't taking any chances, and the Chop dropped my pain levels immediately.. Barn door, Master!  Barn door!  *chokes..

Had you noticed how once the Julius Road Show had run it's course, the Richard Mdluli theatrical venture raised it's curtains for the next fine performance designed to distract you from the fact that your privacy is being nicked from under your noses?  No? Zzzz.....

Sunday 10th June at 4.15am..

I feel sort of peculiar.. What are you up to right now, Creep?  Millie's still hovering between sleep and wakefulness, but I feel really odd.. hmmm..
I'd lain there on Cloud 9 trying to bully myself into leaving that warm nest, while watching the reflection of the desk lamp in the lounge on the passage wall outside my door... Even without my specs on I could see the light was dipping repeatedly.. WTF?  We'd been treated to multiple deep and slow dips while watching the TV last night, as well...Was it those visible dips that are causing me to feel off-kilter?
Is that affecting all of us, or is it just our circuit going haywire?  *teeth... Mr. Spence?  It can't be doing our major appliances much good, even if the term OUR no longer applies? *winks widely..

I'd thought that Vincent had already claimed the weed-whacker along with the electric mower, but it turns out that I may have been wrong...He'd finished with it shortly before the first fat drops of rain began to fall, but I couldn't see where he'd left it, so I'd gone out and said I hoped it wasn't lying out in the rain.. No, said he, it's round by the ladders, under the eaves.. Even then my fat head had said that's odd, why there, but I'd given him a thumbs up and gone back indoors...
He'd headed off with the GW before 2pm, and I'd gone out on the verandah to check that he'd chained everything up properly, and there was the whacker, with it's business end looking drenched.. *blinks...
Only now, lying in bed thinking about it, did the penny drop and I realised it wasn't necessarily rain-water all over the whacker's head...*glum..

On a happier note, I'm busting to tell you what happened later on in the afternoon.. The GW was still out at the shops, and I'd been sitting in front of the telly taking occasional Jabs to the Back when I'd picked up the Olympus and snapped off a shot of the TV screen..  For some reason only half of the telly's picture came out, and the bottom half was a solid black.. I tried again, and this time the top half of the TV screen was blacked out, and the camera refused to pick up the bright Channel number on the Decoder's little window on both occasions..
I was stumped, but I had the Panasonic next to me as well, so I'd taken three pics in quick succession with that baby, moving each one only fractionally...
The results were stupendous, HERE... Three separate pictures, each one overloaded with laser vapour trails, one of which indicated that even as I was snapping away, I myself was surrounded by smoke trails.. Haikona!

It was shortly afterwards, and I was still savouring my luck, when the GW arrived home and I'd handed him the Olympus and asked him to take a shot of the telly from where he was standing nearby.. The entire picture on the TV came out as clear as a bell, without so much as a hint of smoke, though the decoder channel window still steadfastly refused to be recorded...
On a side note, those pictures could go a long way to proving my claims that our Controller is amongst other things, a bullying coward... That Balliram has always made a habit of escalating his assaults during the GW's absence, and it's a practise he continues to employ to this day.. *nauseated...
OTOH, it occurs to me now to wonder whether, if I'd gotten up out of my chair to take those pictures, would I have seen any 'smoke' at all in the results?  What am I struggling to imply?

That my corner of the lounge, with that broad swathe of white emulsion painted directly onto the outside wall right next to where I sit, has created me a Hot Seat par excellence...
Nothing personal, hey Balliram?  An officially designated and supposedly responsible Government employed Consultant/Tutor/Operator such as yourself wouldn't dream of exacting seven years worth of vindictive hatred towards one single witless and trapped Labrat? *chokes..
Well no, he wouldn't, as he's shared his malice fairly equally between many more than just Sue the Book, Missus B.Snr, and myself, over the years, has he not?
My biggest disappointment has to be my ongoing inability to jog you lot from your shameful self-preservation.. But, like I always say, dem's da breaks, folks...
Peace julle..

---oOo---

Sunday 10th June 2012 at 10.38am.