Wednesday, March 28, 2012

GLOW-IN-THE-DARK...
(begun Tuesday 27th March at 7am..)

*A single 'woop' from my Controller's solar powered remote as I sign into blogger.com, signals that he's home and as obsessed as ever..*
Is Doktor Stef Roux at all interested in the finer details of his own ambitious project, or does he leave that to his underlings?  Is he aware that the soft white chalk substance used so heavily about my property, appears to promote the growth of THIS palest of sea-green coloured lichens?  Is that lichen itself helpful in promoting the signal with the use of lasers?
With hindsight, young V will of course be cutting back that palm stand to allow LOS through to our garage wall, where the area directly opposite the inside jackpoint on the outer wall, will have been treated with the signal-grabbing lumo paint, a long time ago.. See?  Sure I'm slower than your average dunce, but I get there in the end... *winks..

I found yesterday that even the Scrabble-Player's giant pine tree has had a fair-sized knob of white chalk embedded in it's trunk HERE, and I'd be surprised were his yard not also dotted about with copious laser compatible droppings... The ochre and biscuit coloured substance is harder to see, and as my Landscape Artiste has already had at least a year or more to dot them about the garden, it's highly unlikely I'll find more than a very few... *shrugs..

LATER at 2.10pm

She'd called unexpectedly, early this morning, and said she would be in Durban later, and would like to meet... Needless to say the Special Agent's Beemer was still on his driveway when she eventually pitched up at 10.30am.. I pointed her to the Westwood Mall, despite that it's wired to the max, and though I've no way of knowing for sure, I'm fairly certain that the conversation we held in the underground Parking Lot wasn't overheard...
Was Balliram poised to access the power supplies of any one of the number of eateries or coffee shops in that Mall?  You bet he was... *grins...

Man, it's a small world... She was a political activist back in the eighties and knew our Head of Foreign Intelligence personally, lucky girl... When he'd tried to persuade her to join a cabal that he and his chums had created, she'd declined and left, and hasn't had contact with him since..
And here she is, decades later, trapped between two cellmasts down the coast, while Telkom have recently arrived to dig up her verge in order to run fibre to her streetlight.. *teeth...
Her communications with the Mast Fighter would have had her address hastily bumped up the To-Do list, and I've told her that if they haven't already embellished her streetlight with the wireless technology, the Muni droogs and their carefully created contractors will be hot on Telkom's heels... (There's a good chance the latter has already been done, as she says they've had a lot of powercuts already).

LATER at 8.20pm

Our power was cut at 7.45pm, and niether of us could have cared less... It's full cloud cover and as bright as day outside, so I hauled on my clothes and took a slew of pictures before Ratface cottoned on, and interfered with my flash, which stopped functioning soon after..
I've come back here into the back room, where I find I have my own rough Wireless song running nearby.  I remarked aloud, and Einstein stopped it briefly to listen to me, before it was resumed.. Neato...

When I'd gone up to the road with my camera I'd already taken several pictures before I noticed him standing dead-still, all in dark clothing, right opposite Balliram's gates..
He looked for all the world as if he were waiting for our Controller to reverse out and give him a lift... Where to?  Dropping a Wall Jumper off at another hostage's abode to paint their walls and chat up their dogs, or simply waiting for the signal to come back to ours and finish off the areas he's missed?
Eh - there goes a single chirrup of the Chop's remote, and I guess he'll be taking off shortly, as the BackFire increased momentarily...

Wednesday 28th March at 5am..

The lights had casually flicked back on at 9.30pm, and he'd had plenty of time to chat to that dark-clad figure or even take him to another destination, before nipping back to the ChickenCoop and restoring the power.  *yawns.. It's always good to have it confirmed that Mistuh Balliram is as busy as always, creating mischief throughout the suburbs, and is not, as he would have you believe, a reformed character... *snorts... He'd heard me come down and remark to the GW on that near-invisible fellow's presence outside his gates, and will by now have a suitable lie prepared in case he's questioned... *shrugs..

Yesterday?  What can I say, except that I've put her flying visit on Replay as usual, and seen myself yapping on and on until a glazed expression came over her face... I remember thinking at the time that I'd lost her, but did that slow me down? Not a chance.. Predictable, or what? *chokes..
She says she did eventually get to knock on doors in an effort to discover whether any of her nearby neighbours were also feeling the effects of the two cellmasts.  What a stroke of luck when she discovered that a couple of doors down, the home was occupied by a clearly affluent Telkom employee, who'd claimed to be feeling no ill-effects whatsover, and proceeded to tell her that amongst other things, he owned several properties.. From her description he sounds to be a member of Jannie's Brotherhood Gang, and a very handsomely rewarded one, at that...
I fell on that information and immediately had him pegged as her Area Controller, and told her she should look to see if his property is festooned with more outside wall lights than most.. Has Mr. van Zyl spoken to the chap personally at any time during the last two days? I'd lay odds that would be a yes...*grins...

Is L down in Kingsborough set to receive the same brutal treatment being meted out to the Mast Fighter, Tracey Lee Dorny, via her powerlines?  Would Mo Shaik plead on her behalf?  The first time they'd met was in a coffee shop at Overport City, and even back then he'd produced a file on her, that she said had shaken her with the amount of personal stuff they'd ferretted out... And now?  That she and her young sons are due to have their power supplies accessed and their home flooded with devastating frequencies, and the hugely increased levels of EMR required to enhance and relay their private conversations to a nearby Listener, is a given..
Will Mo Shaik remember her kindly after all these years, and speak out on her behalf, or is he set to be harshly reminded by Vodafone/Telkom that he is, and always was, merely a Puppet to be manipulated by the telecoms giants? *waits with interest....

At some point yesterday I'd gone as usual to browse the mybroadband forums and had found to my relief that the Educator had returned, and had posted in the Broadband and IT New forum.. Does the Head of the FBI coming out and admitting that the population will be monitored via their appliances, give my claims any credence?  Will his goons employ the same levels of over-kill as those who dance to Barnabas' tune here in the Zone?  Audio enhancers in washing machines and aircon units, FFS?  *eyeroll...

I'm teetering on the edge of a total melt-down right now, and it's interesting to note that my body temperature goes up accordingly.  I'm also well aware that the abominable Millie will leap at the opportunity to cover more ground, for she literally thrives on anxiety... *belches... I must  work harder on the chill factor, despite that the darned answer is always D.  It IS written....

LATER at 9.05am

I was up chatting at the gates to B.Snr. just after 8am, when first Balliram popped out of his gates, followed closely by his Missus.  The two cars filed down to the stopstreet before both hung a right and headed up Jan Smuts towards Westville...
Not five minutes later and Sue the Book reversed out of her gates to call out that the power had just gone off minutes before the Courageous pair had left...
This makes it the fourth cut this month, and I must speculate whether this is to become the norm.. So far they've only lasted for a couple of hours, and if you add them all together it's possible the figure covers Balliram's load-shedding quota for the month...
The unfortunate GW persists in attempting to get through to the Fault line, while the blaring engaged signal sounds endlessly, just as it did when he tried last night..  *winks at Balliram...
You have a function to attend this morning, Master?  One that won't allow you to keep tight control of your Labrats, and therefore your simplest option was to cut the power again?  Do I know your tactics well, or what? *teeth....

Here's a little oddity that may or may not intrigue you..
I'd put my at least 2 or 3 years old el cheapo takkies on, for their grip, when I'd decided to go up on the roof a couple of days ago.. They live by the door, and I don them at least once every day.  The GW had helped with the extention ladder, and I'd climbed up armed with the can of expanding foam to try and seal the gap in the roof tiles where the DSTV mast was allowing the rain to pour down my bedroom wall HERE..
The whole job took about ten minutes tops, before I was back on terra firma, and I'd kicked the old black takkies off before going indoors..
Where the edge of the shoes met my feet was now a thick line of mucky black dye(?) and I'd had to resort to Handy Andy before it would begin to budge... I found that there's a narrow band of foam padding running around the inside edge of the takkies, and it had chosen my visit to the roof to melt, for some inexplicable reason..

In the brief period I'd been working right next to the dish's mast, I'd had no problems from Millie, my often agonising upper thigh, or my Broken Wrists or Hands.. Sheer coincidence then, that the shoe padding chose that moment to melt, and merely more hysterical and groundless speculation on my part?  *fascinated..
I've just sent Allen Spence an sms to say the power is off for the 4th time this month.. Like that'll make any difference... *snorts..
Peace julle..

---oOo---

Wednesday 28th March 2012 at 12.57pm.