Thursday, November 17, 2011

A HOW-TO ON DIGGING YOURSELF A HOLE...
(begun Thursday 17th November at 4.15am...)


In this ongoing advertorial that I run for the benefit of the Project Authors, perhaps it's necessary to tell you that my Vice Chair mentioned last night that he's lost his aircon units... *blinks... Clearly a part of last week's destructive agenda carried out by the heroic Appliance Killer next door..
My VC had a tech come by who diagnosed that the compressor had 'gone' on one unit, and that the other had a 'blockage', but he couldn't say what it was... *winks... Neither were repairable...
All of which, including my mower, fall neatly under the Dissenters Will Be Dealt With column, and will have earned Balliram kudos among his colleagues...  Small wonder then that he was still celebrating after 2am the night before last... *grins..

LATER at 6am..

I've just staggered up the top to find there's the ubiquitous orange safety netting surrounding the access hole to the cabling that's just below the Harris Crescent Stop Street onto Jan Smuts.. If you recall I'd said that once the cherry-picker had finished adjusting the streetlight feeding Carol's ex-home at No. 734 Jan Smuts Highway, I'd watched them arrive to continue working down that access hole... It appears there are now more adjustments to be made, despite the steady drizzle..*interested...

Anyone have a clue what the occupancy rate is for those three apartment blocks just across the Freeway?  I've blogged them often enough, and how a tenant could lean out of the windows of the block nearest Barnard Road and touch the cellmast that's so poorly disguised as a tree.. I'm betting they're still pretty much empty, right?  Anyone care to check whether Mr. Dawood's Roseanne cc. was involved in those monstrosities as well?  Is/Are there a flood of tenants anticipated any time soon?  *baffled...

Friday 18th November at 3.50am

I've spoken often enough of the Last Call chirrup that Balliram gives with his remote each time I settle down on Cloud 9 for the night.. You'd be forgiven for thinking he was signing out of ours after a long day's eavesdropping, but of course that's not the case at all...
Whether that single furtive chirrup at my bedtime lessens his listening options in the rest of our house and concentrates them all into my bedroom, is unknown, but inevitably my Christmas Beetle Chorus rises to an amazingly high pitched whine at the time...

Missus Balliram will of course nowadays insist that it's none of her business where her husband goes when it's on a work-related quest, poor thing, but she's no slacker in the grey matter department and will have figured it out for herself a long time ago.... Frankly I see theirs as a repeat of Glen Nayager's relationship with his second wife, and I'm sad to say there's not much happiness on the cards for the Merc. Finance Manager...
Not that the Chicken King would ever dream of threatening Missus C with a firearm, as the convicted Sex Pest did to his fellow police officer/unfortunate wife...
You'd forgotten that incident already?  How Missus Nayager had been reduced to laying a charge against the ex-Head of Sydenham Station, and he'd been forced to hand in his police weapon, only to arrive at Dodge City the next morning and sign himself out a new firearm?

In their No Rules Apply concept of life, Balliram and Nayager are in fact peas in a pod... *gags...
I'd completely forgotten that One-Eyed Jack's second wife was herself a police officer, but was reminded yesterday, and told that she's employed at Commissioner Ngobeni's offices..*bolt-eyed... Apparently the disgraced ex-cop is now whining to anyone that is foolish enough to listen, that his predicament is due to his wife's position and the fact that she has Mamunye's ear...*chokes...
Can you connect the dots?

It wasn't long ago that Commissioner Ngobeni made the front pages of the Press for accepting funding to throw her husband a lavish birthday party.. A great song and dance had been made of the matter at the time, and Ngobeni's integrity had been severely compromised...
Despite your avid willingness to believe that all Ruling Party-appointed officials are corrupt, can I persuade you to believe that in the case of Comm. Ngobeni's husband's birthday bash, she had been setup from the get-go?
The question is whether Ngobeni can recall exactly who it was that approached her with this initial offer in the first place, and who seconded the idea as being perfectly above-board?  Those people will have ties to both Barnabas and Nayager, and will have been tasked to sell the birthday party idea to the Commissioner with a view to having this lapse added to her Leverage file.

Once you realise that she is being targeted specifically for her support of the sexually-harrassed police officers and Nayager's subsequent dismissal from the Force, it will hopefully start to make sense... It's highly unlikely she realises the extent to which she's being monitored these days, and that pretty much every office she visits will be Voiced, every call that she makes or takes (landline or cellphone), and every letter she receives and writes, will be available to the convicted Sex Offender and his hand-picked monitors... Where is Constable Masuku these days?  Shhh... *winks...
Every conversation she has in her home will be enhanced and relayed to a Listener nearby, in the hopes that her image may be further tarnished, and that ultimately she will lose her position...
I'd had reason to call Augustine on some other matter at the time, and had been more than a little startled to find that the Commissioner had called him in for his advice...
Can Mamunye recall who had suggested this route?  For it appears that involving Mngomezulu would give Nayager what he so dearly craves - Killing two birds with one stone...

A suggestion has now been made that Attorney Nepaul will be able to prove that Nayagers dismissal is due to a conspiracy between the Commissioner and Nayager's horribly wronged wife... The ongoing re-trial took place this week at the Elangeni Hotel FFS, and the outcome is that the case will be resumed in January.. Time enough to figure out how to 'lose' the damning evidence held by the Prosecution?  Time to attempt to set-up more of the bit-players involved in the trial?  But of course my dear Watson...

This week's proceedings were made off-limits to the public, and that alone should have you smelling a rat.. Add to that Nayager's uncharacteristic silence when approached by the Press for a comment afterwards, and you have some seriously shady under-the-counter operations taking place... Was the Hotel venue chosen at the last minute by Mamunye's team, in the hopes that there wouldn't be time to rig up the audio-monitoring devices?  A hope that was doomed to fail, as the very minute that room was booked, Barnabas' Project techs would have been swarming about checking and re-checking that it's power supply was isolated from the rest of the Hotel, and easily accessible to his Eavesdroppers...

While I'm thrilled to hear that Nayager's wife is still bent on obtaining some form of justice, it's hoped that the Pig let slip to her, prior to the shit hitting the fan, of the astonishingly advanced invasiveness of the monitoring technology, and that here in Ethekwini it is owned and controlled first and foremost by a Druglord...
Whether it makes any difference at this point or not, I would reiterate that I NEVER at any stage fancied the Women Abusing Pig, despite anything I may have said in my efforts to establish that he was behind Balliram's monitoring exercise...  I was simply too good at the role I was playing, and boy, did that come back to bite me!  *roffels...

It was as little as two years back that the Reservist gave me cause to realise that many still continued to believe that I'd developed an old-woman's crush on Tweedledumb, and that's pretty understandable when I think back to my simpering, fan-waving behaviour.. No my dears - The sad fact of the matter is that the last real crush I had on any of the male species turned out to be a faceless 27 year-old on IRC chat, and to this day it's a toss-up who was the more grossed-out by that astonishing silliness...
The recipient of my stupidity, or myself, when I'd finally discovered that the object of my affection was no more than a child... *rolls on the ground... Did I subsequently merely transfer my misplaced admiration to Glen Nayager?  'Fraid not folks... *chokes... While he may once have been to the second Missus Nayager's taste, his pompous self-importance and incomprehensible manner of speech held no charm for me at all...

You'll surely recall that it was young Zaphod's disembodied IRC speech that had enchanted me in the first place, making it even more unlikely that Nayager's personal speech defects would please me in any way... Many of you will think that I protest too much, and that's your perogative.. Whatever. I deserved a bloody Oscar for that ongoing performance, and instead I dug myself a hole.. Go figure... *grins...
The fact remains that whether the idea appalls her or not, I am firmly on the betrayed Missus Nayager's Team, and if there is any way I can assist them at all, I'd be delighted to oblige...
Chances are high that by the time January comes round Attorney Nepaul will have acquired by fair means or foul, the 'proof' he needs to have this Filth re-instated to SAPS..

I therefore would like to volunteer to work shifts with Missus Nayager to protect the Commissioner from further attempts to bring her into disrepute before Nayager's re-trial is resumed... My offer is a serious one, and I hope it doesn't simply reduce you to rolling on the ground, convulsed with mirth... Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 18th November 2011 ast 9.18am..