Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CHEAP SHOTS...
(begun Tuesday 13th September at 3.10am..)


A headless chicken is how I feel right now.. Something I've seen more often in my youth than I care to remember.. Directionless and demented?
I'm watching this thing unfold and can do nothing but squawk uselessly on the sidelines... About par for the course ja...
Though I doubt you're interested in the small stuff, you're getting it anyway...

I've timed our Kaspersky Full Scan many times and it usually takes a whopping two hours to complete..
*The Chop is heedless of waking his family as he chirrups his remote loudly.  Just getting in from a night's savagery via the powerlines, or jolling with the buds?*
Yesterday the Full Scan was still struggling to finish after 3 hours, and it's the first time I've been treated to the big red button and the message that 'threats have been detected and to FIX THEM NOW!'
I took a screenshot and managed to save it in Word, and then went and busied myself in the kitchen..
By the time I'd gone back to look not long afterwards, the scan had completed, the red button had disappeared, and it now informed me that NO active threats had been found, so I ran a Critical Area scan to be sure, which came up clear..

At some point over the last six years you may have picked up that Balliram has a desperate desire to stand out from the crowd, and if it means resorting to cheap shots, so be it... *eyeroll....
By now it's common knowledge that I'm a Cretin, and yet he still goes out of his way to confirm it.. See dewd, I don't need your help to show what an idiot I am, as I do a fair job on my own.... *spits...

By 9.30am yesterday there was a small band of uniformed Parks workers down below, clearing the brush bordering the stormwater drains.. In past years they would've been deployed to clear the whole valley using weed whackers and mowers, but priorities have changed dramatically, and the focus is now on the cabled sections specifically....
Much earlier I'd been sweeping out the garage and the drive when a pleasant fellow arrived on foot with his appie in tow, to measure our driveway where it meets the newly tarred road surface..
So much for Balliram getting preferential treatment, as the chap told me they'd been assigned to level off ALL the entrance ways that had dropped so steeply after the street had been re-surfaced... *applauds...
I've not been up to see the final results of their labours and will get back to you on that one...

I guess if you were an IT tech and were to use our computer, you'd be astonished that it still functions, as I figure that by now every possible area has been deliberately corrupted by our dedicated Controller..
The last four or five days have seen me signing into mybroadband only to be shown a page which, apart from loading the forum headings, is blank except for a dirty smudge in the top right-hand corner... This appears just long enough for the Creep to make his point, before the page loads properly...
Include this new tweak with my now inability to see the Avatars, and I find the message pretty forthright... *sighs...

The question is - Why go to so much bother?  Outwardly I'm fairly certain that Jannie van Zyl will simply continue advocating that you ignore my rubbishy blogs, and that those who bother to visit me regularly need their own heads read.. Ain't that so, Janneman?  *winks...
Have you figured out yet how tightly my blog is controlled, and that every visitor is logged? How many readers decided it wasn't worth offending the Telecoms Agent, and dropped me like the proverbial hot potato? *loses count...
If you didn't, and you refused to be intimidated by the barely concealed threats, have you noticed how many odd problems have beset you lately?  How often your Server goes down, or your calls are dropped?  Small irritations that are set to increase and continue until you get the message and relegate me and my blog to the nearest wheelie-bin...

I never did answer the Rocket Scientist's kind note, though I shan't ever forget it...What could I possibly have said in reply that wouldn't confirm my status as a Fool of the first order?  Utterly without direction, I stumble about, offending as I go, though that one small pat will be treasured forever, coming out of the blue as it did...
*It's now 4.25am and I move restlessly in my chair as Millie the Gross protests at the increasing BackFire levels employed by the Sadist next door*

I was thinking yesterday how odd it is that when I go into my bedroom and stand next to the bed, be it day or night, (directly under the DSTV satellite dish), how often the Broken Wrists and Hands kicks in, along with the increased Backfire... Something that occurs far less when I'm in the lounge watching the TV... Sitting there in my corner it's the BackFire that proves to be the most devastating, though if I turn Millie around and away from the jackpoint, it eases a little almost immediately.. Mine not to reason why, hey Balliram?  *teeth...

On a rather more banal note - Despite my lettuce having all bolted due to the sudden wave of heat, my spinach appears to have survived, and I ate a delicious plate of steamed spinach and garlic butter yesterday.. Now, if the moles would just desist from tunneling about among the beetroot, I might have that to look forward to as well...
If I had the means, I'd love to go solar, and to have a giant jo-jo installed to catch the rainwater, and to be totally self-sufficient... Alas, it ain't going to happen as I've pretty much smoked away my meagre inheritance... *wally...
Enough, I'm off to lay down for a bit...

LATER at 6.15am

I was tempted to go back up top and take a picture of the paper plates and cups that decorate my Controller's verge this morning, and I'm pretty sure that Sue the Book would confirm that Balliram and his mates spent some time out there last night, chomping away on take-out and discarding the debris onto the verge, before lighting up their spliffs... The road workers?  BULLSHIT!

Though I was unsurprised to find they'd apparently run out of gravel halfway across my drive, making it pretty impossible to get my little car out, even if I'd wanted to... This, despite the smiling wekker reassuring me that the job would be finished by close of work yesterday afternoon.. *winks..
May I say now, that if they've not returned by the end of Wednesday to finish the job, it will further confirm the mischief that Balliram is so easily able to achieve?  *shrugs...

LATER at 8.25am

I eventually succumbed and took THESE pictures showing Balliram's preferred method of beautifying a neighbourhood by means of styrofoam trays, cups and plates strewn across his verge.. *gags...
My neighbour up at No. 33 tells me that he's just spoken on my behalf to one of only two Road Works Department employees that are up his end today... (HERE'S a pic of the Official Road Works vehicle)The wekker dutifully trudged off towards Garbutt Road to tell his boss that No. 8 can't get out of her driveway, so we'll have to wait and see where that gets me... A sudden dire shortage of gravel would be my guess, methinks... *winks...

On another tack altogether - What happens if you swim in a pool filled with radiated water?  You surely can't catch cancer, so how does it work?  Would you have to spend some time in the water to be affected by it, and if so, how would it manifest?  Skin cancer, or worse?

I forgot to tell you that my ex-CPF Chairman was struck down the Saturday before last by a heart-attack.. Ja, that would be the chap that lives within yards of the Raftery/Harris cellmast.
He's a slim/trim 61 year-old and probably a vegetarian, so it must have come as a shock to be laid low so suddenly..  I understand that he's had a shunt put in and he's on the mend..
Are heart problems on the growing list of symptoms caused by living too near a cellphone tower?  Just asking...
If so, wouldn't it be great if he could be told openly that his chances of having a second episode could be reduced dramatically by relocating to a different area?  Fat chance of that happening... *snorts...

*The BackFire is happily non-existent as I sit scribbling here in the bedroom..*

LATER at 9am

My kid just called from the UK to check on me, and almost immediately the BF returned.. It's baffling to a Tard how even a wired phone has such an effect, but there it is...*sighs...
The dogs have just announced the Parks wekkers return down at the stormwater line, and I went out to have a look.. I can't remember when last I saw such a serious effort being made to clear that specific section, unless it was back in 2004? *winks..
Now that they have the tender safely in their pocket, will H20 concede that there might be problems down there, or is this concentrated push being made in order to AVOID possible glitches?
Again, in this deliberately created atmosphere of Lies and Subterfuge, it's unlikely we guinea-pigs will ever be told the reason....

LATER at 9.21am..

I've just turned the telly on to find no screen appears... I've reset it, and wait now for the decoder to finish scanning.. The unfortunate Chop simply can't leave well alone.. Second try and I got lucky, though I doubt it's the end of his mischief-making for the day... *yawns...
Peace..

---oOo---

Published on Tuesday 13th September 2011 at 10.21am...