Tuesday, July 05, 2011

TURN CARTWHEELS CROSS THE FLOOR...
(begun Monday 4th July at 12.55pm)

*It occurred to me to bin this one, as we've moved ahead since I wrote it... On second thoughts, I figure you can wade through every last word....*

The clouds were still moving up from the south, despite which the haunting sound of the Azaan carried across from the Sparks Road Mosque, and down into the valley..
I was standing at the entrance to the Wimpy there by Sparkport some months back, when the call to prayer suddenly kicked in right next door, and I'd risen a couple of inches off the ground with fright, as the volume blew my ears back... *blinks...
Watered down as it is by the distance, by the time it reaches us here, it's simply a charming reminder that this is home...

I was watching the Mnet Movie Channel 1 earlier, when they ran an ad. I'd not seen before... Two domestic workers dressed in their overalls, and the one reaches in and takes her cell from her bra and has a lengthy chat before tucking it right back where it came from... The ad was for Telkom's 8eita service and I'd be interested to know how long it's been around.. Sort of irresponsible in the extreme?
Admittedly I'd have been none the wiser had I not read of the old lady who carried her cell in her bra on Karl Muller's posts, and I'd still be doing the same thing myself, as it's so convenient....
It boggles the mind to think how many other women follow this deadly practise not knowing any better, and here's our friend Telkom endorsing it in an ad... *gags...

Tuesday 5th July at 4.05am

I was up at about 2.30am and settled the dogs in the lounge where they'd bolted.. I hadn't thought to look out of the kitchen window at the time, and it was only an hour later that I'd staggered off Cloud 9 and discovered my Good Neighbour was enduring another load-shedding session.  This time our streetlight was out as well..  I climbed up the stairs to find it's once again the circuit from ours right up to No. 33 and excluding No. 18 who have the back-up power supply.... On closer inspection our streetlight is far from dead... *whispers...

Our turn later on?  2am tomorrow morning?  You can bet money on it... *keels over....
There was a CPF Meeting last night, and the Captain had told us they'd arrested a couple of suspected cable thieves down in Waterfall Road last week.. If I'd pressed him, would he have admitted they'd subsequently been released?
How many articles in your local rags have you seen lately on cable theft?  Almost on a weekly basis?
Damage Control are working overtime to convince you to swallow the lie, and I guess you'll be good little sheep and do just that... *snorts... What was once your Muni's Security Division are now most definitely operating as cable thieves...
Despite that I reported this latest outage earlier at 3am, I'm betting their power won't be restored until after 4pm, making it a decent load-shedding exercise...

So - Was the Superintendent of Electricity for Durban lying when he insisted the additions to our streetlights made in 2005 were highly-sophisticated computerised anti-cable theft technology, to be tested in Cato Crest and Harris Crescent only?  No need to answer that Al old boy, for your reputation went down the plughole years ago...

I admit I was shocked when the Sydenham Heights Rep shuffled into our Meeting last night. I've not seen her since March/Feb this year, and you couldn't ask for a more visible example of Balliram's vicious achievements... *vomits copiously...
She whispered to me that she's regularly woken in the early hours of the morning, feeling as if she's on fire...
Sound familiar?   You'd be a fool to think she's simply having a bad reaction to the hugely increased levels of EMR in the air.. Once again I'll remind you of the sterling work she does for the Sector Policing Forum, and that like our Vice-Chair, it was a given she'd be targeted by Nayager and his IT Lackey....

Is Sutcliffe snoring snugly in his downy bed as I scribble here at the desk, or is he awake and totting up his personal takings, ensuring he has every available luxury planned for his eventual retirement?  Am I disgusted to find that the Crooked Town Clerk is to be kept on as Consultant to the next designated Porker who replaces him?
Not in the least.. I'm interested in his weightloss, and it's a darned sight easier to keep an eye on him as he swans about at local functions, than it would be were he to scuttle off to safety and obscurity in the far East... *teeth...
As always I avoid wishing him ill, and only hope that he reaps what he sows, whether it be good or bad... *winks....

Is the Rocket Scientist, Karl Muller, any closer to solving the mystery of the Muni's Metro Connect systems being used across the country to access private homes and nuke the occupants if so desired?  For the zillionth time I struggle to articulate what's happening here.. That when our lights are cut and go out, the power continues to flood into our homes despite the darkness...  That simply because the bulb itself has gone out, it would be incorrect to assume its dead... Far from it..
I've learned the hard way that having our home plunged into darkness doesn't restrict our Area Controller's attacks in any way, and that the symptoms I suffer as a result of whichever destructive frequency he chooses, are as effective as ever, despite the blackout...
For some reason I feel it's important that Karl Muller understand this particular aspect of the technology and I can only hope he's paying attention... *shrieks loud and long... I wait endlessly for his shout of Eureka to be heard, as the penny finally drops and he figures it out.. There IS fibre running up our streetlight poles, and there is wireless over the powerlines being used, is all I can say.. Joining the dots is beyond me...
C'mon Karl!  My friends are going down like flies, and here I sit helplessly, with all my bloody eggs in one basket FFS!  Is Leonard the key you need to unlock the puzzle?

Anyone here up to a bit of research?  Care to dig about and see if there's a connection between the Broederbond and Telkom, that goes way back ?  I've no idea why I'm asking except that it may be important... The USA is most certainly working with the telecoms giants behind the scenes, though our unfortunate Head of Intelligence will have been led to believe that he has ownership of the Yank connection.. Not.
The ShaikBoyz and the Muslim community are being jerked around as much as the rest of us.. Fact...

I look at rpm and Cara and I have to wonder whether their outlook would change were they to physically meet and spend time with the victims of Balliram's deliberate abuse... To see for themselves that these are ordinary honest folk caught up in an untenable situation, more ghastly than the most brutal of murders and rapes...
Yes Rudolph, I see you, and I know that at last you believe me.. I know too, that you couldn't move to help even if you wanted to... A sad situation indeed, but by now I've no doubt you're skilled at switching on the Bigger Picture, and shutting down any nagging doubts you may have... While on a higher level, you are as much a puppet as we are, and I bear you no animosity at all..

When I'd called Faults at 3.30am to log the Scrabble Player's power outage, I'd listened to the automatic Voice giving it's hilariously mispronounced litany of other areas enduring load-shedding.. Did she say sub-station on fire in Umbilo?   *falls over...
Rabbit? Donald?   More over-enthusiasm on the part of rookie Area Controllers, or a delibertate means of enabling a really worthwhile load-shedding exercise?   Damage Control can run as many articles on copper theft as they like, but pretty soon even the sheep are going to see it for what it really is...
An elaborate and extremely corrupt means of load-shedding...
And no, don't tell me that's not feasible, as Contractors have to be paid to replace the cables.. If the Contractors are all muni-created fronts in the first place, it begins to make more sense, and that they most certainly are.... *spews...

On the home front...  My kid didn't get to fly out last night after all, as there was a problem with the little one's passports, and they'll have to try again at the end of the week...
A situation that would have freaked me out 10 years ago, but that I now regard philosophically as a character-building experience... *shrugs and curtseys to Balliram the Pig...
I guess I have you to thank for this marked improvement in my attitude?  Your over-enthusiastic zeal and vindictiveness have forced me to adopt a more pragmatic approach to life's little glitches, and for that I'm duly grateful..

On a more sombre note - There's once again some serious mischief being stirred at both the Kennedy Road and Foreman Road Informal Settlements.. Both Reps that attended last night's Meeting reported a sudden influx of newbies in their areas...
Unsurprisingly, the Kennedy Road Rep said that more than a few of the newcomers hailed from Mayville and are refusing to follow the Settlement's rules..
Now I ask you this - Who do we know that hangs out down at Mayville?  Who up until recently bore the title of Cluster Commander of Brighton Beach, which included the Mayville area?
Why, that would be the Druglords No. 1 Crime Engineer, Glen Nayager, busy as always creating carefully planned mischief for the shack-dwellers... *pukes...
The confrontations with SAPS over illegal electricity connections are set to escalate, and quite possibly become bloody in the next few days.. Watch this space...
Peace...

---oOo---

Tuesday 5th July 2011 at 1.33pm