Wednesday, July 06, 2011

ABOVE-BOARD...
(begun Tuesday 5th July at 7.30am..)

I'd tottered back up to the road again after 6am, this time to fetch the paper. 
I'd gotten a text earlier from No. 10, confirming that the cables had been snipped higher up the road..
It wasn't properly daylight when I'd gone and stood under my ostensibly dead streetlight for a closer look... I watched as cars went by, and first their headlights reflected in the glass/plastic dome cover, and then their taillights... But wait!  THESE two tiny lights tucked inside the front of the cover, that never budged, are what, and why didn't my Controller hastily douse them as soon as he saw and heard what I was doing?  Can I guess?  *jumps up and down wildly...  He couldn't, or the pole would die completely and cause a bigger problem than he planned for?

Hey Al, what's cooking?  Your erstwhile pupil is an arsehole who's making sure you get as much airtime here as he does... Do I feel sympathy for you, or am I revolted by your repeated assertions that it's out of your filthy hands?  Those streetlights on Crouch Road ARE 'currently' being used to continue assaulting the Sydenham Heights CPF Rep, and you can put a stop to that right away... Which poles?  They were reported over a couple of months back as not working, and an argument ensued as to who was responsible for fixing them...
Stalling tactics, as it was always YOUR responsibility...  The little Rep is back from her trip abroad, and the relevant lights are running again, as Balliram resumes his assault on this innocent woman, while you smugly sit back and ignore the situation...

Does the Lord High Poobah of Power have backers and supporters on durbanite.co.za perchance?   Misguided and blind suckers who deserve a shot at my title as Idiot of the Decade?  Mistuh Spence stood on my verge and lied to me by omission, and that makes it okay?  Highly sophisticated computerised technology designed to prevent cable theft, hey Al?  Your very words I believe?

LATER at 9.30am

That's interesting... My ex-CPF Treasurer up at No. 33 called to say the cables had been nicked at 1.30am, as that's when her kitchen clock had stopped...
I've just been up to our garage to fetch a new bag of birdseed, and spied a Landy look-alike vehicle pulled up next to No. 18's wall, as the driver chatted to someone on the Samuel's property...  Man, it looked SO familiar, even at that great distance.. Go hunting through my albums again? Nope, I'll sommer say that it's our friend Raw Power back again..
Do they also own a small white unmarked bakkie, that quite possibly came in at 1.30am this morning and took away all the newly replaced shiny copper wiring?  You betcha!   While the shifty games being played will indeed prove lucrative to a very few, don't for a second be fooled into believing that money is the reason behind the so-called copper cable thefts... It ain't.. Load-shedding is what it's all about, and always has been... *shrugs..

LATER at 10.45am

The Scrabble Player's power is back on already..*blinks.. He says they've not yet replaced the cabling and he can't figure out how his lights can be working.. I told him it's due to the miracle of wireless... *grins...
It went like this: 
Just before 9.45am our power also went off and the GW casually mentioned there was a ladder up against our pole.. I stretched my remaining 1/4 lung to it's limit as I hurtled up our 52 stairs with my trusty camera for THIS picture... See where it says Raw Power on the dude's overall?  *beams...

He said his leader was up at the sub-station turning off the power.. Is Allen Spence your Boss?, says I..  Yes, he replied... A friendly and pleasant young man was Nthokozo, who proceeded to tell me happily that they were replacing the stolen copper with aluminium... I put my teeth back in and said that was all well and good, but that the copper running from OUR light down to the stopstreet would most likely be cut tomorrow night.. He gave me a huge smile and said that once that happened, we'd also get aluminium... You think?

Wednesday 6th July at 3.35am

All our power was cut again yesterday afternoon, just as I was about to step into a deliciously hot bath... Amazing timing or what? *winks...
Ours was back in under an hour, though the rest of the circuit going up the Crescent had to bite the bullet till after 7pm for it to be restored, and I very much doubt that's the end of this nonsense... *snarls...

I figure it's okay for me to bitch and moan as, unlike you and your occasional blackouts, as Metro Connect Trial Monkeys we've endured a systematic beating for six years...  While Spence will have stubbornly passed himself off as a Good guy, there's no way he couldn't have known what's been going on... *sick...
The logo on the Raw Power vehicles gives their Enquiries Number as 080 1313 111, but it's quicker to call them at 031 5636831 during office hours, if you're a Sherwood resident and the power supply you pay for has vanished with a soft click...
Log the problem with Faults by all means, then, armed with your Reference Number, go after the Head of Raw Power to have your service re-instated... That would be the Superintendent of Electricity for Durban who, as it turns out, moonlights as Chief of at least one Muni created Contractor that we know of... It's all above-board and legitimate?  Hmm.... *teeth...

LATER at 4.15am

You all know the routine by now and ja, I've put the dog's stuff on to cook as usual, before sitting back down here to ask if you still think I'm funny, when funny so obviously left the building a long time ago?
I'll remind you it was the Sunday that Pepsi vanished forever that did it for me.

My immediate accusations would've been rebutted at the time by the Cracker's own pooper-scooper, Missus C, as she easily convinced you that the little dog would have wandered off somewhere and been picked up... A stunning example of how little she knows her SO...
He loathed that little creature with a passion and alas, I have the pictures to prove it.. The two dogs were obtained from the SPCA for a specific purpose, and Missus C made it plain from the getgo they were Balliram's acquisitions.... *gags...
They were never ever given names and both were always referred to as 'puppy'... A shrink would probably be able to give you the clinical reasons why the Controller took his rage out on the female animal more often than not.. Check HERE..

A really appropriate choice for one who was handed control over an entire circuit back then, hey Al?
A chap who now has the means of hopping across large areas of the Zone and entering resident's homes uninvited?
While you will insist it was out of your hands and you had no idea of the implications your handover had, you've had more than sufficient time to speak out since then...
The fact that you don't, confirms that you're easily as crooked as Sutcliffe when it comes to corruption...
Once Balliram's wireless Tutor arrived from Johannesburg (?), to teach him the art of microwaving residents via the Metro-Connect Wireless frequencies, was about when you could have put a stop to it.. Instead, you've feigned ignorance, and continued to wire up vulnerable institutions and residents throughout the Zone... *spits..

LATER at 5.30am

My staunch Vice-Chair is in hospital as I write, to undergo tests for an irregular heartbeat and hopefully find out the reason for his ongoing dry hacking cough... Without a doubt, whatever the results, Balliram and his chommie Nayager may take the credit..
My friend the Bear, living over by David Landau, is battling liver cancer that struck him with eye-watering swiftness.. Another Sector Policing exec member whose home is guaranteed to have been targeted by the disgraced ex-cop and his IT Monkey, Balliram... *vomits...

You can lay odds that the Times journos homes up in Gauteng have been linked to the Grid and their monitoring technology is now activated.. Hopefully the Editor will be a little more specific as he publishes the threats they're getting, and will give us more than 'bizarre' to go on... Will they both be subjected to the microwave weaponry, given into the hands of the blatantly criminal up that way?  Will those journos wake one morning to find they've been struck down with joint disease or chest problems, or worse?
There's no courage or heroism involved in today's warfare, and you have only to study the Telecoms Agent and the Cracker to correctly identify this new army... They ride under a banner as yellow as the brightest canary, and still you continue to support them... *baffled...

I've not seen any single-strand aluminium insulated cables to replace the copper that runs down to my Good Neighbour's home, and must surmise that the charming Nthokozo was a little ahead of himself, and that our lines are as vulnerable as ever... *shrugs...
Anything at all changed since Raw Power worked on our circuit?  Why, I do believe I noticed a minute change, and one that I don't plan on sharing just yet.. Odd, but not bad at all.. *winks...
Take care, and have a peaceful day julle..

---oOo---

Wednesday 6th July 2011 at 10.39am..