Friday, June 24, 2011

CREATIVE LOAD-SHEDDING..
(begun Thursday 23rd June at 3.05am..)

*What with having to endure three sessions of load-shedding within the last week, I'm battling to keep up...*


Our lights finally came back on at 4.30pm sharp, though not without a hiccup or two.. We returned my Good Neighbour's miles of lead, and everything functioned as it should..
That would be until about 2am this morning, when BullyBoy next door had the power cut again..*snorts...

The GW had said to call Allen Spence yesterday morning, to question why his anti-cable theft technology had failed.. All I got was an auto message saying the number wasn't available, and to try again later, so instead, I sent him the following text:  My old man said to ask you what happened to the Metro Connect anti-cable theft technology you said you'd rigged up here in 2005?  All our cables cut at 1.30am.  You SURE it was anti-cable theft devices?  You should be ashamed.. Jane...
I've just sent him another this morning that says:  Power restored at 4.30pm yesterday.  All cut again 2am this morning.. Theft se GAT!  Not ure business?  I beg to differ.  J. sent at 3.15am...

Do I think these messages arrived at their destination?  Highly unlikely, but it amuses me to send them nonetheless.. The almost guaranteed interception of those two messages that I paid for, is merely further proof of the corruption surrounding Sutcliffe's Metro Connect Scheme... Here in the Zone, it's not just the powerlines that have been handed to criminals to control, but the phonelines as well.. Ain't that a fact Janneman?
No, not just ours, but any lines that the likes of the Druglord and his Puppets wish to access and manipulate.. *eyeroll...

An example would be the texts that came in last night from my Vice Chair, who's way over the hill in Abrey Road.. He said there's dirty work afoot with his adsl connection, and that it continually shuts down, only to be replaced by the dodgy Sherwood Network option..
I suggested he call the Soccer Coach for more details, though in the end we both decided we didn't want to force such a pleasant chap to quite possibly feel the need to prevaricate.... *blinks...
I got it badly wrong with the Scrabble-Player, and had him marked as one of the Chosen for ages, until recently when I was able to ask him straight out, and he'd said his laptop had been fried, and he'd not joined any local Network..*dance of joy... Am I wrong to think the Soccer Coach and his friend Greeneyes know way more than they're telling?  Am I galloping off down the wrong path yet again?

I went over to mybroadband last night and the Cellphone radiation killing you, or.. thread in Broadband News, only to find young Ronald had lost the plot completely and was foaming at the mouth.. *grins.. For every calm, common-sense post Karl Muller makes, it merely serves to wind the clearly agitated rooigevaar up to shrieking point... *falls over...
Shame on you Jannie, for letting your fanboy make quite such a public ass of himself, tsk.... There's a tangible air of desperation about the name-calling that Ronald has resorted to, that ended up making his rebuttals little more than a joke....
My comment made to Soft ReDux was genuine and I literally felt quite ill for the fellow's attitude and the risks he takes... For Ron to hijack my remarks was downright silly.... It's common knowledge that I'm entranced by today's technology FFS!  That despite that I know it's making us ill, I continue to regard it as almost mesmerising magic...

I'm overly partial to my entry level Nokia, and it's texting options in particular, but I no longer sleep with it on the bedside table next to my already cooked head.. Big deal..*shrugs... I'm learning how to put the new fixed line set onto handsfree and am totally enchanted by it, and now even remember to tell my kid to put her cellphone down and to talk to it from a distance... Small changes that are probably a bit too late, but always worth a shot... *beams...
I'll continue to bleat that whatever health damage has been caused by the advent of cellphones and masts (and by George, the Rocket Scientist certainly provided compelling evidence), it pales next to the damage being done by the arrival of the Muni's Metro Connect systems...
With the ability to now isolate and access individual homes via the powerlines, and to literally flood those homes with a variety of specifically damaging wireless frequencies, is not a thought you care to entertain?  Get over it, as it's happening across the country....

I'd already had my cold bath at 4pm yesterday, and a bit later I'd watched my Area Controller arrive home at 4.20pm... Astonishingly, (or not), the power was restored a mere ten minutes later..*winks... The unfortunate Missus C had sent her latest maid across to No. 4 early in the morning to ask whether their power was also out, when she could simply have glanced at B.Snr's home across their wall and seen for herself..
Still diligently attempting to hide the trail of filth that leads directly to her SO, she has her work cut out to keep up... *sighs...
Will my Good Neighbour be as obliging when I text him later to ask if we may again run our freezer off his system?  How long before his home is attacked via the powerlines, in a similar fashion, simply for his kindness?

I like to imagine that at last someone is sweating, and that the reckless and downright criminal behaviour by Colin P. Balliram has drawn the attention he so richly deserves... It's also clear that someone is egging the Coward on from the sidelines, and the Sicko is only too happy to oblige...

LATER at 5.10am

I fetched the binoculars and studied Balliram's supposedly dead streetlight for a minute.. Three tiny pinpoints of light where the fibre crosses the silver bands strapping it to the pole.. A reflection?  From where?  Sure, our streetlight stands alone, alive between two dead lights, but is that enough to reflect way down to the Controller's pole?  Jury's out on that one... *shrugs...

Is our power going to be restored once a day, that I may update my blog?  It's way more likely that it's turned back on to keep my Controller comfortable..*snorts...
In six years, I've not changed my story, and that surely begs the question as to what it was that Allen Spence really rigged up on our streetlights all those years ago... He'd insisted while standing on my verge, that it was anti-cable theft technology, being tested only in Harris Crescent and Cato Crest... Liar.
Check HERE to see the five Electricity Dept. Security Divison vehicles that arrived to accompany Mike Oliver on Wednesday, September 21st, back in 2005, when I'd complained of the tiny pilot lights in the Telkom multiplex boxes fixed to our streetlight and Balliram's...
Where were those vehicles when the anti-cable theft technology sounded the alarm yesterday morning at 1.30am, and again at 2am today?  It didn't? Pfft....

Sorry Al... I can't hear you?  You concede you were lying through your teeth and that you were overseeing the addition of the Metro Connect Surveillance Technology to our circuit?  It was all in the wording, and strictly speaking, not a lie?  Where's Chris Gower these days?  As embarrassed for you today as he was back then?  Shame...
As corrupt as our City Manager Sutcliffe assuredly is, you deserve a seat on the same bench for your shifty cleverness... *spits....

Rural Charities Hit the Big Lotto Jackpot? Front page today. (see www.timeslive.co.za).  More desperate charities who'll be persuaded to install the risky amounts of wireless technology in return for badly needed handouts?  Why don't you follow this up and find out which charities, and pick the one nearest you to visit in 6 months time.. If it's not plastered with blinding signal-enhancing lights by then, I'll eat my shorts... *gags....
Never mind the vulnerable occupants who WILL be affected, as they fumble to link the lucky institution to the nearest mast.. It's PROGRESS folks, so STFU and be duly impressed... *vomits mightily....

Once again the GW dutifully rang Faults, this time at 2.50am, and reported this latest outage .. Silly.. The power will be restored when Balliram says so, and not a minute sooner... *eyeroll...

LATER at 5.30pm

It's not quite dark yet and a couple of quad bikes have just arrived down in the valley below for a bit of noisy fun, before they pack it in...
The load-shedding? Yep, our power's still out, though I'm comfortable with the candlelight....
The Muni Contractors were 'allowed' to restore power to a few of the homes higher up, but by the time I headed back from the shops at 9.30am, the van was parked off on the island over at the Locksley/Abrey intersection, and they were clearly exhausted and chilling out..*winks...

When the GW headed home late afternoon at about 4.30pm, there was a different crew in the side road, either studying the damage or deciding whether to steal more of the shiny new cabling.. It's hard to tell these days, with the thieves now seen driving the official Muni vehicles and wearing the official Muni uniforms... *winks again...
Today it was our Controller who carefully rang B.Snr. early on, to ask what was up with the power cuts..  It's a pattern they've stuck to over the years, though since the arranged 'theft' of his red Rodeo, I doubt anyone much buys into the farce... *blinks...

I'm heading off over to the kick-off of the new Sydenham Sector Policing Forum, in a bit... Not something I'd planned on doing, but with the power still out, I figured I'd go check out some familiar faces.....
Still no response from our Super of Electricity for Durban in reply to my texts.. Wassup Al?  Cat got your tongue?  If your anti-cable theft technology isn't working as it should, what on earth are all the additions to our streetlights for?  You can whisper, I won't tell...

Peace...

---oOo---

Friday 24th June 2011 at 10.32am...