Sunday, June 26, 2011

ADMISSION OF GUILT...
(begun Sunday 26th June at 4.35am

I've a question with regards the alarm beams that criss-cross so many of our yards, and which saturate the length of both Garbutt and Harris...
Comes this time of year and the drop in temperature, the buzz of a cricket as you walk/drive by, could be viewed as decidedly odd....
Is this neat little bit of additional surveillance therefore rendered useless in the winter months, or does it continue to operate, albeit silently? @curious...

Devices, the existence of which, along with the invisible cctv cameras, are still vehemently denied, and you may as well quit looking for visible evidence, as you won't find it...  Spence had insisted the technology added to our poles was designed to prevent cable theft... Any ideas how such a system would work, unless there were more than a few miniscule camera devices hidden in the area?
I figure that all along it's been the 'there aren't enough Monitors available' excuse that's been trotted out each time the surveillance technology has failed... And failed it has...

If it was ever touted as a deterrent against crime, by now you will surely have realised that was a whopper of the first order.. The technology certainly exists, but it's there purely to assist organised crime, and certainly not to keep citizens safe on their properties... *snorts...
Was I correct in claiming there are wireless boosters installed in the roof of our ex-Ward Councillor's home higher up Harris Crescent?  Why?  Aziz?  Anyone can have them fitted and it's no biggie?  Really?

The discovery of my latest blogging blunder last night was a truly Kodak moment... As far as I know, the cameras my Controller operates are so far unable to record movement in our lounge after dark, once the curtains are drawn... @winks... Still and all, the expression on my face once I realised my error would've been priceless, and my admission of guilt added hastily at the foot of yesterday's blog would've only added insult to injury... *shrieks...
Why I chose to single out the unfortunate Rabbit was anyone's guess, when it had been the self-assured DJ that had chosen to come to young Ronald's aid in the 'cellphone radiation killing' you thread at mybb...
For me to claim in my defence that the two Posters are like peas in a pod, making mine an understandable error, would've been the final straw..@purple...
Have I learned anything from my latest self-generated blunder?  Only that it would be wiser for me to avoid using the terms 'lacking credence' and 'credibility' when referring to anyone other than myself... Ouch!  @chokes..

I actually remembered to check out the www.wellinformed.co.za site later on yesterday, and found it floundering to stay alive, as much as the bblounge site struggles to stay afloat.... Internet users are spoiled for choice, and without a hook of some sorts, sites are abandoned left, right and centre in favour of more interesting places to visit.. *shrugs...

Leon over at www.durbanite.co.za used the whistleblower to re-awaken interest, with stunning success, although he's going to have to come up with something new fairly soon if he's to keep the hits coming... My plaintive wails are well hidden and of little interest to anyone other than the Nudge & Wink Brigade....
The promised details on the scaly Metro Connect Project have failed to materialise, apart from a few ambiguous hints here and there, and with ADD now rife among internet users, chances are the site will sink back into obscurity before very long... @sighs...
Can Leon persuade his Members to start using the Ward Forums to communicate with their new Councillors?  Just how long are those newbies to be given to 'settle in' to their well-paid jobs before they can be expected to earn their keep? 

I've told you how fortunate I was to get to meet the new Ward 31 DA Councillor at the Sparks Estate Sector Forum Meeting.. I didn't tell you how amiable he was, and of the rush of sympathy I felt for him at the enormous task he faces...
There's a reason he was handed that particular section of the Zone, though I'm darned if I know what it is.. Earl?  You want to fill us in here?
Was Jethro aware when he stood as Candidate that his constituency would include a part of the Druglord's domain, or was he as taken aback as we were, by the cunning new demarcation lines introduced so near to the Local Elections?
Has he literally been thrown to the wolves, or does he have some sort of support group to back him up?  Warwick?  Sure you've got your own problems, but man, I hope you guys get together and look out for one another as best you can, for Lefevre's deep-end is packed with criminal bottom-feeders and murk on a scale that would render the hardiest of politicians to a jelly.. *blinks...

Once again our bought and paid for iBurst service is being corrupted..  The GameWrecker continues to blindly hand over a monthly payment to tradepage, when in fact his Service Provider lives only a stone's throw away...
A Service Provider who has no qualms about using our system as an education tool to train up future hackers, oops, I mean Area Controllers...
I would ask Ian Halliday why it is that he continues to condone the criminal behaviour employed by Colin P. Balliram in his designated role as our Network Admin/Area Controller?
Ian's relationship with Telkom's Strategist, Jannie van Zyl, is now public knowledge, and I imagine their partnership is a highly lucrative one for Mr. Halliday in particular?
Admittedly there have been fewer refusals to connect of late, though the evidence that our computer is compromised beyond recovery is there for all but your unfortunate paying customer to see.. @vomits...

As small a tweak as this latest mischief is, I take exception to the blocking of my asterisk symbol when I update my blog, and I would request that you sit up and pay attention... I have not the skills to fix this mischief and I shouldn't need them... All that I should have to do is update the Kaspersky Anti Virus and run it regularly..  This is done..

You Ian, are knowingly aiding and abetting criminal activities, and there is big money involved.. However amused you may be by my squeaks of outrage, I shall continue to publicize the part you play in your role as bedfellow to the telecoms giant and the Information Theft Project, until such time as the Cracker controlling our powerline and as such our computer, is removed, or made to contain himself as befits his responsibilities...
Colin P. Balliram and his close buddy the convicted Sex Offender Glen Nayager, have between them given iBurst more publicity than is good for the company, and I can promise you that it will continue until a way is found to control your Controllers... *mutters...

LATER at 8.30am

Try Ben Trovato's column in today's Sunday Times, Page 10, for a giggle...Touch Tomorrow. Suffer Today. should ring a bell with at least some of you... @grins...

EVEN LATER at 10.30am

Shortly after 10am, great gouts of smoke began billowing up from the direction of Jan Smuts, and eventually I went up top to find the cause...
I've not blogged the owner of No. 2 Harris Crescent in a while, and obviously he and Khaled are feeling somewhat left out as a result... In all the months that Kasim's Congolese tenants have lived down at No. 2, they've never felt the need to light a bonfire, until today.. Coincidentally, within mere days of me blogging the amount of activity on their little feeder road... *winks...

Does my blog make any more sense translated into French than it does in what I purport to call English?  Bloody unlikely...  Which leaves me to speculate that building such a fire right up next to B.Snr's fence was a suggestion made by an outside source?
As I headed up the stairs for a better view, my Controller fell over himself with excitement, and set his alarm off raucously.... Whether by accident or design is unknown... Nonetheless, I managed to get THESE two pictures, which clearly show where the fire was set, before it was hastily doused...

I would have to guess that the activated alarm was pre-arranged to alert the arsonist to my sudden increased interest? @teeth.
There's really only one person sufficiently thick and nasty enough to arrange for that much smoke to cover a densely built-up area, where you are guaranteed to find several asthmatics.... *studies the sad creature that passes for our Area Controller...
Who do I know that would be able to study my photos and tell me the legality of that little operation?  Ah yes - He's a good man and cares for his Community AFAIK, and I'm certainly not above contacting him, were this idiocy to become a regular occurrence...

A gardener who dances to Balliram's tune, or the Tenants themselves?  Now there's an interesting question that with any luck, I might just get answered for a change.. @beams...

Peace..

---oOo---

Sunday 26th June 2011 at 2.14pm.