Monday, May 16, 2011

COLLATERAL DAMAGE..
(begun Sunday 15th May at 8.55am...)

*I'm vaguely amused, and there are no bets that Javascript: Void is active right now... Not ten minutes earlier came a lone chirrup from his remote, and a rather startling change to the frequency in my ears, tells me he's standing to attention... Does he seriously think I will say something I've not already said a hundred times before?*

There's not even the hint of a breeze touching the tops of the gumtrees on this beautiful sunny day, as V busies himself out of sight, clearing the bottom boundary wall...  Earlier this morning I'd tried the ignition twice, without so much as a flicker of response..  On the third attempt she'd kicked straight into life, and didn't falter at all, on my brief outing to the garage shop...*blinks... As you know my little banger is OWNED, and I've no doubt that Balliram's ever-expanding box of tricks could well include the remote 'management' of my fairly new car battery... *eyeroll...

PAGAD are back in the Sunday papers, and you'd have to agree that it makes for interesting reading.. Their attempts to rout a known Drug dealer in Overport were apparently thwarted by the presence of some twenty armed policemen standing guard at the Dealer's home...
Are you beginning to grasp the power that Michael Barnabas wields, and has wielded for possibly 30 years or more, here in the Zone?  Hugger-mugger as he now is with our Head of Intelligence, there's no way that PAGAD will ever achieve anything in our area...  Sad, but true... *shrugs...

So, where's the main aerial for the mini base station that continues to masquerade as St. Theresa's Convent?  Not the white-painted stumpy pipe that juts out next to the silver treated sheet of metal on the toddler's dorm. roof?  Not the recently attached aerial placed next to the shark-cage balcony created on the first floor?  In the bell-tower, after all?
The last decent pics I managed to get, prior to the National Lotto funded 4-phase upgrade, showed nothing untoward silhouetted in the openings at the top of the little tower.. Whether that's since changed, is anyone's guess....
My 'tinnitis' shrieks as I sit here at the desk, and both wrists now ache equally... I can feel my Area Controller champing at the bit to take out my 'good' hand as well, which would effectively silence me forever... *sighs...

LATER at 12.30pm

Is there a site where Joe Soap may check for his nearest wireless base station?  Would such a site include the so-called mini base stations now dotted throughout the suburbs?  Would Joe Soap be unmoved to find so many vulnerable institutions have been rewarded by our National Lottery in return for adding some seriously powerful technology to their properties?
Never mind that the technology is now proving to have such a detrimental effect on human life, not to mention the environment?  Go poke around the Children's Home in Manning Road, to see that I kid you not....

I'd sent a note to the MastFighter yesterday, to ask whether she thought that B.Snr's new (and much smaller than usual) Telkom fixed line handset was safe.  She'd replied by saying:  Is the signal coming in on a landline or did Telkom intall a wireless antennae and then cable it to their house?  They must check with Telkom.  We have reports of Telkom installing WIMAX and making people ill.  *waves to Jannie van Zyl....

Would that cover the reason for Telkom's white multiplex boxes strapped to every available streetlight or telephone pole, for as far as the eye can see?  Some sort of converter to wireless, for the last remaining distance to your home?  The delicious combination of the Beast's original fibre network, now snaking up your streetlight, accompanied by Metro-Connect's wireless initiative, could have some interesting effects on your family members...
Can you withstand the battering, or will you end up like us, prone to a different set of symptoms by the day?  *curious..

Could the knee problems that my young nephew experienced years back, over in Lichfield, be laid at the door of some gung ho UK Area Controller, every bit as callous as Balliram?  The knee problems that in the end prevented him from following his heart's desire, and joining the RAF?  AFAIK, he met all the other criteria required, except for the dicky knees...  A nauseating possibility, but a very real one....

At 7.45am today a little white Cessna (or like) flew slowly overhead towards 45th Cutting, neatly disproving my assertion that nothing came low enough to warrant the red lights now activated on the Raftery/Harris cellmast up the road... Project-related fosho, or they would likely have stuck to following Jan Smuts, and not flown so low over the mini base station....
Vincent's coughing at midday had me interested right away...
When did it start, I asked him... Just here, today, he replied.. Hell, make of it what you will, but I would have to guess my Controller is pumping out the Throat Tickler frequency full-on, outdoors today, just for a change..

These brave young lions, ushering us into the New Age with their IT skills... The Ballirams, Barons, Halicons and Dominics are a fine bunch, as they happily nuke their innocent neighbours, while infesting their privacy stealthily at the same time... And you would have me believe this is PROGRESS?  *roffels... Why, they are about as civilized as His Shiny Chubbiness himself, though a great deal more cunning and cowardly...
And Mac McCarthy and David?  Many of whose words must strike a chord with your average honest rate-payer.. How's about you fill in the carefully ommitted truth of the matter?

That you're comfortable that so many innocents will become statistics in what you've been persuaded to believe will cure our country's ills.. *spews...
Is Missus Cwele sitting in a cell as I write?  Selebi?  Mpisane?  McBride?  And our old friend the Arms Dealing Whisperer?
Your Saviours are damned good at ferreting out and revealing the Corrupt, but useless when it comes to stopping them dead in their tracks... Did it not ever cross your minds to wonder at the startling lack of foresight by the Project Authors?  That revealing the Corrupt would be a doddle, with the help of the invasive technology, but having them locked away where they belong, was never a part of the Master Plan?  Why? *baffled..

LATER at 400pm

My inner ears are vibrating with something.. A pressure front on it's way? Some new and exotic as yet undetectable frequency?

It's the mini plays within this giant extravaganza that often intrigue me....
Like when she turns to him and says, is this true?  Are you really hurting these people deliberately?  And he shrugs and laughs and says the guys in the UK have been doing it for years, so what's your problem?
I can't catch what she says after that, if anything.. Nor can I guess what she's thinking.. Whether she chooses to immerse herself in her busy daily life and pretend it's not really happening, or whether it keeps popping unbidden into her head...
She was always the rock, and fixer of errors... Whether she sees it yet or not, it's a tragedy of sorts, and I pity her...

Then there's the Convicted Sex Pest, who's gone fairly quiet for a change.. Has he been ordered to keep his ugly mug out of the papers, or will he be back next week in his ongoing quest to embarrass the entire police force single-handedly?  Oh, hang on!! Hatman and his buddy Roux are now jostling for No. 1 position in that department..*grins...
They can forget it... Glen Nayager's appointment as Head of the Brighton Beach cluster, so soon after he was found guilty on all charges of sexual misconduct by his Superiors, is easily the most blatant travesty of justice so far... Putting even our Schabir's terminal illness into the shade...
McCarthy would most likely say I'm too impatient, and that the Good Guys are getting there - just give them time... Hah!  Time, we labrats over this side don't have... *shrugs painfully....

Monday 16th May at 4.55am..

Overnight I was treated to as fine a display of Balliram's vindictive malice as he could muster, and that's pretty awe-inspiring... *vomits...  Compromise?  Jy jok vir my!  The Project Authors are justifiably unfamiliar with the term, and why shouldn't they be, when they hold all the cards?
Would it have made a blind bit of difference had I possessed one ounce of logic or common-sense? Would I have done things differently?  I simply can't see how...
I truly believe that my blog has made little or no difference to our Area Controller's behaviour over the years, and that we would have suffered as much, had it not even existed... It is written....*shrugs..

Even my snigger-factor has pretty much left the building, and I feel that instead of making you laugh, I now have a few of you feeling uncomfortable, and inevitably turning elsewhere for your kicks...

The pain and sickness that my Controller administers so diligently has quite taken the spring from my step and the strop from my attitude.. Mission accomplished o Captain Courageous?  In spades, fosho... *bows humbly...
On one score however, the Sadist has failed miserably... To this day I bear him no hatred, much as he's tried to fire me up... Have the Behavioural Scientists a textbook reason for this? I guess the question is immaterial, as my Controller has more than enough hate for the both of us... *winks..
Peace julle..

---oOo---

Monday 16th May 2011 at 10.25am...