Friday, April 22, 2011

DOUBLESPEAK...
(begun Friday 22nd April at 4.20am..)


A change in routine yesterday, had me leaving Jan Smuts at the St. Elizabeth bridge and heading up Queen's Avenue to get my first surprise of the day, at about 8.20am..  The control streetlight on the pavement opposite the Bergtheil Museum was out.. *startled..
Further on, in King's Avenue, there was the usual evidence of a massive runoff from 1b, and I kid you not.. *gags...
Just the other side of the Buckingham Terrace intersection, my banger splashed through a river of water pouring down York Terrace.. Leave it?  You're kidding me, right? *spits...

An International award for best practises in water management, Mistuh MacLeod?  *keels over.. May I assume that the judges made their decision without actually visiting the winning Municipality?  That the entry submitted on paper was hypothetically brilliant, but that it could have been describing a water management system on Mars, it was that far from the truth? *teeth...

The GameWrecker and I had gone through the same intersection again, after 11am, and this time he'd turned into York Terrace itself, to trace the source of the flood.. I'd noted at the time that there'd been a green Parks Dept. truck parked on the little road leading to the Westville Library and Civic Centre on Buckingham Terrace, with it's entire crew standing on the pavement watching the water flow by....
It was easy enough to find, and there, just the other side of the St.James bridge, was a torrent of water chugging out of the verge into the road.. He was able to stop while I took THESE pictures... I've no idea how long it had been pouring out, but once I finally got home, I'd called Faults at 1.20pm to report it.
The guy said he'd checked his computer and mine was the only call-in.. To crown it, the GW had finally gotten in at dusk to say he'd seen a crew arrive at 4pm, to finally switch the water off..

No urgency then, Neil?  Do the math and tell me again why MacLeod's Department deserves anything other than a trophy for deliberate mis-management?  *snarls...
Why had the Park's crew driver not called in the flooding, unless he knew it was a deliberate and necessary runoff?  Huh? 
The  thing is, that this is but one tiny isolated example (well, two, if you count 1b King's Avenue's contribution) of something that is being done across the Province, to facilitate the cabling...
I guess it's the blatant lies spouted that I find so offensive... To go to the bother of compounding the cover-up with a Press release saying we'd won an award, was the last straw...
How many international calls were made to MacLeod, prior to the judge's decision being made?
Did MacLeod himself add a footnote to his submission, saying it would be particularly advantageous to the Project, if they were to 'win' such an award? *nudge, nudge...Credibility badly needed in the face of such obvious wastage yadda, yadda?

At the moment, it appears that the only real competition out there, is to see which of our City Officials is the biggest Liar, and currently MacLeod is breathing heavily down our Crooked Town Clerk's scrawny neck for first place...*spews...
Not something Mac McCarthy is likely to rant about, over on durbanite.. *shrugs... His brief is to see that you don't vote the Ruling Party back in on 18th May, though with less than 700 members registered on the site, you'd think it a waste of his talents..
Unless of course he's out there on several other forums and irc channels, giving variations on the same spiel?  In which case, he could be deemed extremely useful...

Our Area controller continues to see himself as some sort of Pavlovian figure, and had slammed off our power circuit at 2.15pm on Wednesday afternoon.. I'd seen him on his driveway only minutes before, and guess he'd scuttled back out of his gates seconds before initiating the blackout... *winks...
Four and a half hours it was, before he graciously flicked it back on, and no doubt he'd smugly reported to Barnabas that it would cover the Jan Smuts streetlights being run during daylight hours.. *yawns...
Will it work?  Will the GW begin to realise that each time he officially reports a fault, be it water or lights, there's a backlash, and our power is subsequently cut, or the waterline contaminated?  Bloody unlikely! *roffels...

Interesting to note that changes have been made, and that whereas in the past, nearly all the powercuts we've endured, included the mini-base station across the valley, this one was the exception..
As dusk fell on Wednesday, the usual astonishing array of signal enhancers were activated at St. Theresa's Convent, while we here in the Crescent remained in pitch darkness...
Another goonda-style message that only our Controller would know that I'd appreciate... *grins..

BTW, I'd read some days ago on the mybroadband forum a discussion that had involved Telkom's existing fibre Network... Several posters had intimated that it was old and outdated, and therefore pretty much good for nothing.. (remind you of anything else? *winks)..
Simpleton that I so obviously am, I would still dare to disagree....
Anyone have a clue what year it was that the Beast began rolling out it's fibre?  If it was anytime after the mid-nineties, when plans for the Project first came under discussion, it would have been designated for use in the surveillance and information theft scheme without a doubt, and remains so to this day...

Outdated and old by all means, but perfectly adequate to achieve what it was laid for in the first place... Certainly not an eye-watering speedy internet connection, but rather to be used by the Monitors to send and store stolen information on data banks dotted about the country.. Information accessed by way of the wireless project running alongside the fibre network.
Have you toppled over again, convulsed with laughter at my tardish efforts to describe how our Head of Intelligence and his assorted criminal cronies now have the means to know when you last blew your nose?

Am I bothered?  Not in the least, despite that the MastFighter appears to think that exposure to the combination of technologies prized by the Project Authors, is less than good for your health...  Her suggestion that I turn off the mains to alleviate my pain had me responding that, apart from the GW's ire, should I attempt that route, I didn't think it would help at all..
Turns out I hit that nail on the head....
Within 15 minutes of the powercut on Wednesday, I was back on Cloud 9 with my book, having happily been forced to abandon the ironing...
I was instead treated to a bout of increased BackFire, followed by a fierce ache in all my fillings.. Minutes later and my foot attempted to turn back on itself with cramp, before my Controller grew bored with his games and eased off a tad...

Irrefutable proof that turning off your main power supply won't make a blind bit of difference to the home-invasions.. Speculating on how this sleight of hand is achieved is beyond me, though I'm well aware that the wireless look-alike fixed line cable may be involved... Remember?  The one so kindly installed by young Sean Mudaly HERE, from Telkom, Overport...
A depot, that back in the nineties, was working closely with the Rotten Apples over at Sydenham SAPS Station.. You may recall their involvement in the SBV Heist?
Man, I'm more than aware of how difficult it must be to follow my incoherent ravings, but surely by now you've connected at least some of the dots? *foams...

If Balliram hasn't by now destroyed all the relevant facts out there on the interwebz, you should be able to verify that at least one or more of the Telkom Techs at Overport were implicated as having played a part in the SBV Heist.. Sean Mudaly?
To this day I've not a bad word to utter against him, and I guess if he'd known that the cable would be used to cause me such shocking physical pain, he would have insisted that some other tech come out and install it...  On what do I base my assessment?
Don't laugh, just check out THIS picture... I've a vague recollection of dropping off an enlargement for him at the Depot itself.. Ask him to show you....
The minute he arrived, Fat Sophie fell hook, line and sinker, and I have to trust her judgement... There've been people walk through my courtyard door that have had my friendly JR's fur bristle for no visible reason whatsoever...  Irrepressibly (sp) silly as she is, she generally displays a fair amount of caution around strangers....
Not so, with our Sean..    So, young man, wherever you are, and whatever it is that you do all these years later, I still regard you as one of the Good guys, and I hope that me and my chubby dog haven't embarrassed you beyond recovery... *waves cheerfully..

Saleem Moosa still working over there?  Now there's an interesting fellow for you.. *nudges Willie Hofmyer from his stupor... You guys given up on ever finding the SBV loot?  Hell, it's chump-change next to the vast sums being gobbled down by the trough-feeders, I grant you.. But last time I looked, the guy laughingly referred to as the Heist 'king-pin' was still incarcerated.... Pierce somebody?
If he hasn't already been snuck out of one of Westville Prison's side gates on the sly, then he's still got a fat amount of compensation waiting for him on his release...

The SBV Heist Banker, Attorney Sham, and his family, were slaughtered for what I was told was his reluctance to pay out a couple of parolees..  Who took over his banking duties after his untimely death?  C'mon Willie!   Getting to the bottom of that mystery would be a darned sight more interesting than your current official assignments....
Start with the Banker's immediate family and bear in mind that they will still be terrified out of their wits... Justifiably so, for I'd lay odds that the main killer hired for the Sham job is still out there somewhere...

The Woman-Abusing ex-Head of Sydenham Station will have his contact number.. String him up by his skinny heels for a couple of hours, and he'll give it to you quick enough, for you'll recall how he'd scrabbled for cover under his desk after Augustine tapped him on the nose.. *snorts...
Ignore all the red-herrings carefully strewn across your path, and I've no doubt that in the end, all roads will lead to Rome, in the form of a Druglord who calls himself Michael Barnabas...

A Druglord now on first-name terms with the Head of our Intelligence Service and his sibling, the volatile Schabir (whose current bodyguard appears to be one of my all-time favorites, in the form of Captain Soobrathi!) *winks...
Come ON Willie!  Though by now it's almost impossible to tell who you can trust, why don't you give it a shot?  My tyd word nou min, so I'd be obliged if you got a move on... Good Friday?  It's a GREAT Friday!  Peace..

---oOo---

Friday 22nd April 2011 at 1.34pm.