Saturday, March 26, 2011

READ IT AND WEEP...
(begun Friday 25th March at 2.45pm..)


*I've been trying to call the Mast Fighter since 8.30am, and her landline is engaged.  Eventually I called 10212 and had her number tested, and was informed by a disembodied voice that there is a Fault on that line.  Interesting, Janneman?*


The wind's picking up and it's like armageddon out there, leaving me way too hot, savagely grumpy, and more than a tad frustrated by my own stupidity....
Here's how it worked, this time...

I'd gone up to the gates just before midday to check for the Rising Sun, which BTW, hadn't been delivered..  So I stood at the wall, checking up and down the little deserted street and then turned to go back downstairs... I hit the top step and heard a broom seller suddenly strike up his noisy dog-upsetting call, so I turned and went back, to see the bloke walk down to the Good Man's property at No. 16 and check out his driveway...
Odd that I'd not heard him prior to that, as generally speaking, they set the dogs off for blocks in advance, and there hadn't been a sound from the local canines...
He didn't appear to have seen me standing behind my little olive tree, but in retrospect, I bet he did.. He turned on his heel and gave another perfunctory call, and then vanished up around the bend, silently...

I came back down stairs and as I walked into the kitchen a house alarm went off.. I went out onto the front verandah and couldn't hear a thing. I went back through to the kitchen and out the back door, and it was blasting away... A trick of the acoustics?  I asked the GW if he could hear it, and said that I bet the broomseller was up to something as he'd been behaving so oddly...

The alarm rang it's long noisy course, as I went about my business, telling myself Missus Bernie at No. 17 would as usual, have called the Good Man by now.. Sies vir my! *grind stumps in rage....
It was some twenty minutes later that Missus Bernie herself called to say No. 16's daughter had been home alone just after 12 noon, when four guys had tried to get in their front door.
That had been what triggered the alarm that I'd heard, though Missus B was flummoxed. She said she'd been at the other end of the house watching cricket.. She insisted she'd had the sound low and that she can hear No. 16's alarm when it goes off as the gates are opened, even when she's got the TV on, but she hadn't heard a thing on this occasion.

So the four crims ran for it as soon as the alarm went off, and hopped into a waiting silver mercedes... A larnie get-away vehicle for common or garden house burglars, nogal?  Borrowed from a not too distant carwash, just for the job?  Was it the same car I'd remarked on yesterday, as we stood chatting at No. 33's gates just before 2pm?  Only the roof poking out above the undergrowth, pulled in at the far corner of No. 20's boundary wall, in the little park?  Practise run, Balliram?  A common lover's trysting place, I'd thought nothing more of it....

Who else could whistle up a bloody Merc for a bunch of house burglars but your friend the convicted Sexual Offender and his myriad Mob connections?
Speaking of whom - The soggy Gazette finally dried out enough for me to turn the front page, and what hilarity awaited me.. *chokes..
Will you check out the grinning Poser in his Mr. Respectable guise on Page 2?  Who the heck told him that was a good picture? *shrieks with mirth...

Saturday 26th March at 3.45am...

Tying up loose ends.. The Good Man at No. 16 verified that there are two loudspeakers in different positions on his home.. Want to bet the one facing Missus Bernie's house across the road was de-activated remotely, and only the one facing down my way went off?  Makes sense to me... *looks at the AREA CONTROLLER and shrugs...

Mac MacCarthy (there are enough Mikes in this tale already), had been back on durbanite by the time I signed in last night, and this time he had a full go..*grins... His post literally screamed Damage Control, and he might as well have carried a banner saying Don't waste your time reading the Crazy's blog'...
A businessman?  What field is he in, that he is quite so anxious to hide the Information Theft Project's activities, and the vested interest the opposition party have in this invasive technology?
Has the DA literally hijacked the Project from the ruling party, for their own ends?

I asked the GW casually whether he could condone breaking the law in order to catch law-breakers, and he didn't hesitate and said no, as that would lead to the breakdown of all laws.. (anarchy?)
Clearly this is an old-fashioned and outdated outlook on life, for I'm guessing that most of you have been able to overlook all the illegal aspects of the technology, in your mad rush to nail the trough-feeders?
Where does it start?  Right at the top? Have the ShaikBoyz silently crossed the floor, so to speak?  Have they quietly agreed to assist the opposition party by way of giving them control of the surveillance technology as well?

Irritated that their puppet President no longer wishes to dance to their tune, has our Head of Intelligence stealthily sold out his own party? *bolt-eyed... Was I right when I said it appeared that Barnabas has judiciously kept his options open from the start, and stands with a well-shod foot in each camp?
Wanna chat, Alex? *sighs...
You of all people will see why I struggle to believe that anyone promoting this invasive technology is criminal.. That trying to persuade me to think otherwise, by appealing to my patriotism, would be wasted on me, despite that on the day I'll tick your box...

I only have to glance up from the desk here, to see the enormous power running out of St. Theresa's, and be reminded that more horrific laws are being broken by those that purport to try and save our country, than by the so-called trough-feeders...
I would hazard that with the addition of all THESE lights along the orphanage building, the rush to clear individual gardens for LOS is no longer of primary importance?
The cleverly coated dormitory windows still twinkle with reflected lights, and I noticed last night that several tiny but brilliant red lights have been added recently.. Probably only one of which will be the Real Deal, and will talk directly to the tiny red light HERE, that used to be visible on my Area Controller's streetlight pole, but that I suspect S N Retic have since moved to B.Snr's pole, where I can no longer see it...

When I read last week that St. Theresa's sister convent, St. Philomena's, over in Rippon, had re-opened part of their establishment to take in a handful of destitute youngsters, I confess I was happy for the kids... St. Phil's is probably an even more powerful mini base station (Wimax?) due to it's brilliant position, but the situation is very different to that of the children here at St. Theresa's.. For the upper story of the St. T's Senior Boys Hostel faces directly across to the mast on Barnard Road, where I counted at least three of those deadly little white satellite dishes tacked on, as we sped by on Thursday..
They've been running signal enhancing lights from INSIDE those south-facing dorms for as long as the GateKeepers have been running them out of the toddler's dorms themselves.. *vomits...
Ag, it's all history, and something that's been done to all state-aided and vulnerable institutions down here in the Zone, by now...

The Mike MacCarthys and their ilk will shrug off this horrifying practise as a vital requirement, necessary if the country is to be saved...
Who was it that has now suggested our Area Controller dumb down his attacks using the horrifyingly effective BackFire frequency?  Apart from increasing it to noticeable levels on the odd occasion the GW and I struck up a conversation yesterday, the restraint he's shown has been remarkable..
In the past, such restraint has only ever been employed either just before, or after, a major malicious operation has taken place..
I therefore feel it necessary to ask - what have you done, or are about to do, that has you sitting so well-behaved for the moment? *studies Balliram with both interest and some trepidation....

Someone at the Gazette has a sense of humour... As well as the carefully posed and mirth-inducing picture of One-Eyed Jack on Page 2, you should check out the piece directly opposite, on Page 3.. Drug Kingpin busted Again, and read where the suspect himself told the Mayville Police of wide-spread corruption in the justice system.. No shit?!  *keels over laughing..

The fun doesn't stop there, and on Page 8 we have the Molestor back again, with Bus Association Strives for Efficiency, as Nayager frantically scrapes the bottom of the barrel in his efforts to appear respectable... I've no doubt at all that he would've preferred the backing and support of a somewhat more reputable body, but apparently the Springfield Bus Owner's Ass. was the best he could come up with.. *roffels at the would-be Mobster...
Yes Lazzie - We share a secret do we not?  A secret I've promised I wouldn't write about and won't, despite it's absolute deliciousness.. (though it goes a long way to explaining the endless attacks on No. 16)
It was said at a recent Motherbody Meeting that were the Pig to return to his throne of power at Sydenham SAPS, a large section of the Admin staff would immediately apply for transfer...
A rock and a hard place, mannetjie?  You've thoroughly enjoyed holding the fort in the interim, and it'll be interesting to see if you stay on, should Nayager return... May I guess?  I bet that were he to reappear, a couple of years down the line you'd still be Nayager's right-hand man, and you'll tell anyone that asks, that your application for transfer was denied... *cackles..

*It's now 5.10am, and about fifteen minutes ago I suffered two incredible jabs of pain in my head, and muttered aloud to my Controller to cool it.  It hasn't been repeated... *snorts...*

Mr. MacCarthy would be wise to stop drawing attention to himself at this point.. While his efforts at Damage Control will have worked admirably among the older Councillors and members of the durbanite site, they serve now only to confirm his complicity to the Project, and how deeply the opposition party are involved in the massive corruption that surrounds the invasive Information Theft Scheme.. You should shush now Mac, while you're ahead... *kindly changes the subject...

Someone wrote a note to the Press last week (don't ask me for a link), asking where all the seagulls have disappeared to, along the Durban beachfront.. A valid question Mr. Sutcliffe.. Any ideas why they might have left, never to return?
Did they die in numbers after the sea was so badly polluted by H20's cabling efforts?  Did their food source take to giving the area a wide berth, forcing the gulls to relocate?
Why haven't they since returned?  Would we pass the stringent Blue Flag tests today?

And you lot say you're going to SAVE the country?  At what effing cost? *chokes...  Watch yourselves..
Peace..

---oOo---

Saturday 26th March 2011 at 11.23am.