Friday, March 25, 2011

IN THE CROSS-HAIRS..
(begun Friday 25th March at 8am..)


Some time after we'd shut up shop for the day, and the rain had set in, someone had gone to the bother of tossing our as yet undelivered Weekly Gazette onto the drive, where I found it this morning...
By that time it was just a soggy tube of mush, but I peeled it open carefully enough to read the front page, and the reason why, (if not by whom) it arrived at all... *looks at Balliram.
You were still hanging around when the GW dropped me back at home yesterday just after 2pm, and would've heard me say there'd been no Gazette delivered.  You'd be the only one that heard me ask later in the evening, if he'd managed to find a copy at the shops, and he'd said no... About the time when you arranged for it to be tossed belatedly over the gates in the rain? *fall over...

As usual, I'm seriously baffled.. WhyTF would you want to deliberately start me off on Nayager's Guilt/Innocence again?  Check out www.tabloidmedia.co.za Weekly Gazette Issue 566 on the front page, to see the cause of my puzzlement....
There's probably more on the subject inside, but I won't be seeing it until the sun comes out, and dries the pages... *shrugs...

How desperately would this Creature have you believe he's innocent of all charges, when it's only due to the Prosecution's deliberate heel-dragging that's allowed Mr. Nepaul to have most of the charges dropped?  His client is now a convicted felon, and no amount of celebrity photoshoots on the Court steps will change that.. A cowardly, bullying sexual offender, whose connections to the Mob will have many here in the Zone overlooking his criminal record... *yawns...
I'm betting the assault by the enraged Whisperer on the journalist Amanda Khosa, barely raised an eyebrow among our macho-orientated community members.. Why then would Nayager's disgusting and degrading assaults on his female staff members be any different?
It's to their credit that his Superiors found him guilty, though they will ultimately pay for it dearly, as did the pleasant enough Hamilton Ngidi... *shrugs...

Would an hour spent with Nathie Mthethwa be enough to convince him that I'm a raving lunatic, or get him to realise his perilous position?  It's immaterial either way, as by now it's probably too late to save him, and his own Leverage File will be sitting waiting for the most opportune moment to be used, and the axe to fall...*coughs..
I believe the Manipulators have already laid the groundwork in your heads, by revealing the appalling waste of tax-payer's money spent on the Minister's accommodation?

Tell me true- Have you not as a result, already written him off as just another Trough-feeder, easily as bad as the rest?  It's a beautiful plan, and though many of our Government appointed officials will need no help in looting the country, those that hang back and attempt to do their job with honesty, will have their paths carefully strewn with pitfalls, until such time as they inevitably stumble, and provide some juicy fodder for their own Leverage Files..

Moving on......
If I were to ask what Dr. Madan Rehani was doing out here, apart from attending the 2011 Imaging Congress, would I get the truth?   Was our good-looking RF Fundi among those that met him?  More to the point, did  Dr. Rehani get to have a chat with our Jack Kavorkian of the airwaves, Professor Leonard Els? *fascinated.... Too harsh, Prof?  Au contraire, for I totally applaud the work that Doctor Death carries out, and only wish there were more like him... *shrugs..
In retrospect, there's no real comparison to be made, as the deaths caused by Professor Els' contributions will have little if anything to do with dignity.. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, hey Lenny? *mutters....

Since the hours spent fiddling with our Area Controller's gate motor on Wednesday, there's been a significant increase in the dips to our electricity supply.  Our power has always been affected by those gates, and nothing's changed there..*shrugs.. I imagine the welcome bit of rain hasn't helped the situation, but the clouds are already rolling away as I scribble here, so we should be able to judge by tonight whether the little gate tech has exacerbated the problem, or it's at least in part due to the wet weather... *waits...

I got back from my initial foray to the shops yesterday, to find that Mr. Omnipotence had slammed off our TV screen.. *gags... Little Penny Ndenga has few enough pleasures to distract her from the grind of cleaning the mess in other people's houses...We leave the telly on the channel of her choice in an attempt to break a bit of the monotony she endures... Well done Balliram....

Are we due for a major runoff?  For indeed, when I came to use the garden hose on Tuesday afternoon, I was astonished at the extreme water pressure.. Despite my now regular employment of the sprinkler on my cooked garden, it appears it's nowhere near enough to reduce the pressure build-up due to the cabling, and I guess a further attempt will be made quite soon, to damage our individual waterline...

Small stuff I grant you, but with a neighbour like Colin P. Balliram, it's always worth a mention... Even the fact that I've told you before how I prefer my little Nissan's engine set to run faster rather than slower, is worth noting.. For when I hit the ignition yesterday morning she was uncharacteristically reluctant to kick in, and when she did, it was running slow and faltering....
My Master's skills with his remote are legendary, and I have to question whether he's turned his attentions again to Roy Moodley's part-owned Nissan Langley, or whether it's natural wear and tear?  We can but wait and see...

How are the residents on the Bluff coping with our City Manager's current assault on their water supplies?  We ended up out that way yesterday, in our search for tripe for the dogs (successful BTW), and found that a huge area was without water for the day.. I believe the Muni signs read from 7am to 4.30pm.. The trench-diggers were everywhere, with visible evidence of the preferred new blue pipes...
The give-away had to be the young mlungu standing shoulder-deep in one of the many distruptive excavations, while he directed operations.. You simply don't see that happening, unless cabling is involved... *winks..
This pretty much all went down on Gray's Inn Road, on one of the most foully muggy days of the year so far..

Tellus Mr. Sutcliffe, do you think the residents affected by yesterday's water shutoff would be as accepting if they were to be made aware of the real reason for the new waterlines?  That for once, instead of the blanket of lies trotted out by your City officials, the rate-payers were informed FULLY of the Information Theft Project, and how it will affect their future... Preferably without skipping the fine print?

While Sutcliffe preens in the International spotlight that's watching these heinous trials so avidly, would you care to spare a thought for the very young and the elderly who (here in the Zone at least), are now forced to face such a huge increase in EMR levels on a daily basis?  No?
The health of so many faceless individuals is of secondary importance to you, as you yourself face financial ruin, due to the Town Clerk's horrendous increases in rates?  *sighs...

When I logged on last night it was to find a reply from young Leon in my mailbox, and evidence of a flurry of activity over at www.durbanite.co.za.. With my Network Admin reading over my shoulder as always, I, true to form, found his encouraging words more than a little disturbing.. *falls over choking...

*It's now nearly 9.45am, and Balliram appears to suddenly feel I might be about to say something aloud that is worthy of note, and he's just intensified the BF frequency accordingly, leaving me to wish briefly that Barnabas' Bitch would simply bugger off... *

I dutifully plodded over to durbanite, to find Mac MacCarthy had reappeared from under the bridge..*sighs.. Much as I'd like to believe him, and his claims that he's unaware of the Wireless User Groups (Wuggers), it was his initial comment that still remains uppermost.. My pathetic responses to his trollish assertions will certainly have the desired affect, and any new readers I may have gained, will be lost forever... *applauds... As always, nobody's fault but my own..
Once an incomprehensible old fart, always an incomprehensible old fart, and that's the truth... *grins..

I scrapped the previously scribbled twelve pages and instead, present you with this equally indecipherable (except to a few) offering, which will doubtless elicit the usual derisive cat-calls... *shrugs..
Do I care?  Hell, I'm up against the BigBoys here, and have little choice but to be jerked about endlessly for their entertainment, so I may as well do it with a smile... Stay safe..
PS: As I type this update in blogger, the PC is more than usually sluggish.... Company as always? *winks..
Peace...

---oOo---

Friday 25th March 2011 at 11.10am.