Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SHORTING...
(begun Tuesday 14th December at 4.35am...)

*Hmm... VERY laggy on here this morning?  Signal quality reads at 90% but we are crawling...*

I've yapped on forever about the noisy transmitter/receiver devices that saturate the neighbourhood, and in particular, our property… The sometimes jarring song of a grasshopper or cricket that, despite it constantly and loudly announces it's whereabouts, manages to survive it's natural predators for years on end?  *winks..

My landscape artist is the opposite of a slacker.. I lost sight of him temporarily the last time he came to tidy our garden.. The ubiquitous muni-blue of his work pants finally gave him away, though only just.. He was sitting halfway up the last flight of our 52 stairs, leading up to the road… Tucked neatly behind the little alamander (sp) tree, he was busy on his phone..*blinks..
I wouldn’t have given it a second thought, except that…

Was it sheer coincidence that he was perched in direct line of sight to the ‘cricket’ that lives in the rockery, and chirps on most occasions as I climb the stairs, past it?  Also, lined up perfectly to THESE two specially treated patches on the Scrabble-Player’s garage wall? *fascinated… Which phone was he using?  The 074 number given him by his Mentor/Landlord?
Prior to his last visit, I'd been weeding up in the rockery, and had found a series of out-of-place-looking stones which at a stretch, may have been used as markers, and I'd amused myself by moving them to different locations, just in case… *teeth…

He sat there, almost out of sight on the steps, and was busy on his phone for so long, I had to wonder whether he was trying to locate the device with the help of both his phone and his Mentor.. *blinks.. (Even for me, that sounds demented…*laughing..)  Funny enough I've not heard it chirrup since then, but again, it's silence is probably just sheer coincidence, and merely my Master employing uncharacteristic caution…

Staying on the subject – Can I point you to Page 16 of the December issue of Popular Mechanics? (www.wirelessalert.co.za/coolstuff)  Check it out, and I'm damned if it doesn’t solve the freaking mystery of the ‘crickets’… *falls about…..(Needless to say, I've not checked out the website myself..)
I read it and re-read it, and couldn’t contain my snorts of mirth at how accurately it described the means being used to enhance the monitoring even further, here in the Zone…
It’s the wording of the blurb that really had me cackling.. I mean, ‘via sms you can impose your will at a distance’…*roffles.. Does that not describe my Master to a T?
Hopefully Barnabas got a decent discount for the bulk purchase he made of these systems… Whether or not it’s the same company that’s providing this particular bit of technology for the Information Theft scheme, shouldn’t prove too difficult to check.. With your skillz, it'll take you two secs to research them, and find out who owns the company and how well they're doing at the moment, before you have your answer… *beams..
Course, it's always possible they haven't been graced with the enormous Project tender and that the GuptaBoyz have chosen to rather import the technology from home… Toys for spies Rafiq?  Lovely !  *falls over shrieking…

All too easy to install, hey guys?  The army of local droogs who slither over walls and past carefully disabled alarms in the dead of night, to plant the devices in the best positions?   Pfft…
Did the accuracy of my Master's nocturnal attacks via the frequencies, increase dramatically after young V had astonishingly gotten up the ladder to wash our windows, without being asked?  Was V busy on his 074 cellphone several times during that cleaning process? 
(The phone he would have been given when he signed up to join the Project's Droog Forces.. The one that’s loaded with the monitoring-friendly programs….)

Back then I wasn’t paying much attention at all, though I've since pointed the young man himself, to my blog… It's not going to change anything.. His Mentor can offer him the things he needs to make his life a little more comfortable, and I can't.. *shrugs.. Find another gardener?  Why?  V is a fine young man, and an excellent worker, and I fully understand how and why he chose to accept this path….

Wednesday 15th December at 4.45am…

I can't stay long.. My Wednesday routine is, at least for me, quite hectic... Though it winds down dramatically by 9am… A soft steady drizzle is falling as the sky lightens, and I must go take the trash out soon…
I'm fairly sure I've nailed Bali’s latest ploy, though only a tech au fait with the workings of the invasive monitoring could say yay or nay…
The noisy ‘cricket’ outside the lounge, that appears to have taken such offence and fallen silent, has been replaced by the lamp next to the PC..  For I swear and declare, each time me and the GW strike up any sort of banal conversation as we sit watching telly, the darned lamp goes nuts… *cackles…
You can safely add that to your growing list of FAILS then, Einstein?  NOT?  Only the ultra paranoid would come to such a hare-brained conclusion?  If you say so dear….
I suspect were I to replace the bulb, that the lamp's bad behaviour would continue unabated, but we’ll wait and see, shall we? *teeth…

Now for something completely different… Be careful what you wish for.. Geez, ain't that the truth.. I remember whining in Wayne von Bart’s (sp) direction that he should consider utilising the enormous volumes of deliberately runoff water to create some sort of ornamental lake at the bottom of the valley… How long ago was that?  To encourage water fowl to move in, and to make the area a small oasis for wildlife…  I guess I must have forgotten my plea, even after the red bishops moved in, and it became obvious there was a LOT of water standing about, somewhere down below…
When the Muni wekker told me on Sunday that there was a problem, and that some sort of blockage had occurred to the drains, it didn’t cross my tiny mind that just maybe von Bart had done exactly what I'd asked for…
That right down below Kasim’s at No. 2 there now lay a lake of water that might well have been what attracted the red bishop birds to the area in the first place?

While I've enjoyed the presence of these beautifully coloured birds tremendously, the price has been heavy, and the mozzie situation has reached near epidemic proportions… If spraying the area leads to the birds being forced to relocate, so be it…. I've no fear that there aren't dozens of similar water-logged areas to choose from, thanks to the water runoffs and the Information Theft Scheme… *shrugs…
I chatted briefly yesterday to a chap in the Muni’s laughably titled Environmental Management department, and have to wonder at his qualifications in that field... If he holds degrees on the subject, he surely must be more than just depressed by what he confronts each day? 
The Mr. Dawoods and Roseann cc’s that have the clout and connections to gobble up the last of the tiny green areas left dotted about the City, with their hideous developments…?
I s'pose that’s the least of it, when he's forced to keep mum on the hugely increased and unregulated amounts of EMR pouring out across the province… All for a good cause, hey Mr. G? *gags…

I see Barnabas' PR section have gone into overdrive to have you believe the Accomplice to Attempted Murder is a good and caring individual… See the Daily News 13th December Page 5 (www.dailynews.co.za) to find Salacious Crumb herding a flock of cancer-ridden Innocents on a visit to the Moses Mabhida stadium…
Has Laz been made promises that right now are giving him ideas above his station? *coughs…
The Daily News is a step up from the Weekly Gazette and IMO denotes a real push being made to colour your thinking…

Where did all those kids REALLY come from, and whyTF have they all gotten the big C at such a tender age?  It's unlikely any of them are old enough to have been homed at St. Philomena’s before the children's home was closed and it was turned into a full-time Hospitality Centre/mini base-station?  Would it not be an interesting exercise to check why St. Phil's took such a drastic step in removing their little charges and re-homing them to other institutions?  *waves to Herman…
You’re a long way from home dude, and I find myself amused at how swiftly you appear from nowhere, when I drop by unannounced to visit my friend… Just playing it safe? *grins…  I've all the pictures I need HERE and HERE to back up my claims that St. Phil's is rather more than just a Conference/Hospitality Centre these days….
May I predict that in less than 5 years time, the amount of kids in that press photo will have trebled? Progress… you’ve gotta love it….

The Forum?  Would your automatic response have been to reply scathingly to my pm? *looks at the Mod.. Did my question cause a flurry of discussion to occur?  Did YOU decide on your own, that no reply was the way to go, or did you get advice on that score?  When exactly did you stop being your own man and become so indoctrinated that you are blinded to the truth?
Even the Pith-helmetted One remains civil, and I would guess he's got FAR more invested than you…
Sometimes you sound like an adult, and sometimes you appear to be sharing Klos’ appalling script… It’s a shame, but I've not given up on you yet, though I bet I've not caused so much as a flicker of doubt to cloud your admiration for the Telecoms Agent… No shame in that young man, for I'd hazard that far brighter have succumbed to his particular brand of magic… A top-of-the-range model, who so far has only revealed one major flaw in his creation.. A glitch that has by now, surely been rectified….

LATER at 11.30am…

How many days ago did I say I was curious to see what effect our Area Controller's new aircon unit had on our power system?  Did I not subsequently remark on the odd behaviour of the desk lamp here next to the computer? 
Well now – By last night the flickering had increased to include ALL our ceiling lights and side lamps… *cackles…  What a neat party trick!  *applauds el Monstro….
An hour ago Bali was anxiously chirruping his remote outside our windows, and a minute later, doing the same thing over the other side of his house…. A problem your end sir?  Feigned or genuine?   *waits with fascination…..

Young halicon was back at his post in my gmail account last night, and I confess to being pleased to see him return…. He’s however, absent for the minute, this morning.. A busy lad indeed…

Peace..

---oOo---

Wednesday 15th December 2010 at 12.49pm..