Monday, August 23, 2010

CIRCUMSTANTIAL....?

(begun Monday 23rd August at 7.05am...)

It would have been well over three months ago that I began muttering out loud in our audio-monitored home, that I planned on having my car serviced at Currie Motors, was it not Crumb?  No, no, don't shrug and say you've no idea... You're easily as heavily involved as Balliram and Nayager...

Having missed a service due to Stan the Man retiring and relocating, I'd felt it was time to try his boet-in-law, despite the Nissan was running as well as ever... I guess the nudging and chortling began soon afterwards, as the brother-in-law's circumstances (and personal bank accounts) would have been thoroughly gone through and a plan devised to make him an offer he simply couldn't refuse....
I found it oddly disturbing that the chief mechanic was standing waiting for us to arrive last Thursday, without so much as a greasemark on his blue overalls... Almost as though everything had come to a standstill as the grand prize arrived?  Paranoia?

Is it hoped that a similar scenario to that of the Mac Quest Auto roadshow can be followed?  That as long as it's the GW doing the talking, the play-acting will continue, but should I attempt to get involved in the discussions (on MY car that I know so well), histrionics will ensue, and the car pushed out into the street and abandoned?
These goondas have proven their creativity to be limited, so I'd go with that as a possible yes...*grins...
You will by now be aware that I've spoken to both Stan and his Missus.  While he may be somewhat physically impaired since I last saw him a year ago, there's absolutely nothing wrong with his brain...
I figure it's time for the curtain to go up on the latest performance by the criminals that own the Zone... *popcorn anyone?

LATER at 8.45am

I was just chatting on the resurrected cordless phone to my sister, when I glanced up to see a guy in the bushes across under the gumtrees... Disguised in a heavy dark jacket and hat, (despite that I've not even needed a jersey this morning), he clearly belongs to the over-the-top branch of the local AmDram Society...
He found himself a piece of cardboard, sat down, and looked straight at me, at which point I waved wildly...
He smartly turned his jacket collar up and by now must surely be feeling the heat.... *winks...

Call Soobrathi *at this point I'm given the hairy 'An Error Occurred While Saving' and I'm tempted to just leave and let him whistle for the rest of the blog.. Oh ja, he's very much still home and looking for trouble* and ask for a Patrol van to do a recce and move him on? With hospitals and schools in chaos, that's not an option...
I forgot to tell you that yesterday, a couple of hours after publishing Remember Me, wherein I'd mentioned the smelly water still trickling steadily down the Crescent, the honeysucker had arrived at the new hydrant outside Balliram's home and said they would fix the problem...*thumbs up.... I've not remembered to go check up till now, and will let you know how successful they were....

I was just typing the final words of Agent Provocateur into blogger.com when the GW had a call from Kalakshni (sp) of Isipingo, who mans Great Shifts front office... The GW had phoned earlier, only to be told that the mechanic was out.   She now said the car was ready and will cost R900+  *munch, munch, munch.... Something I wrote?  Plan B after all? *whew.....

LATER at 11.30am..

The GW called her back a short while later and said he would catch a lift in with my family to pick up the car, rather than have a mechanic bring it out...
Kalakshni called again some 20 minutes later, just to make sure the GW was collecting it.. Nice service...*beams...
The boys finally arrived ten minutes ago and the three of them have set off for Devonshire Place...

LATER at 11.45am...

I've this minute sent the GW a text for him to tell Great Shift my car would be in for a full service as soon as we can juggle it, and he replied he'd already booked it in for next week.. Better the devil you know, dudes...

LATER at 12.30pm

She's home and tucked into our easily accessible garage...*dances... Turns out Roy Moodley played it straight and for that I'm really grateful...*curtseys... Will he stand up for me and my Nissan on our future visits to Great Shift? Will he tell Nayager to take a running jump at himself?  Only time will tell...*fascinated...
This blog is proving really useful, and if you consider it would amuse Mr. Moodley, feel free to give him a printout... Bearing in mind that for the Owner to ever admit to reading this blog, would be the clincher I need....

If I'd hoped to be told how they initially killed her and caused the GW to break down on the Monday, I was disappointed... Stan's BIL said only that he doesn't know what they did at MAC QUEST to kill her, as all he'd done was to replace the condenser, the sparkplugs and airfilter (which last he said was so dirty the engine couldn't breathe)  An engine tune up, and she was ready to roll... *sniffs the air....
Though Donovan at Mac Quest had angrily told my SO that they'd removed ALL the work they'd done, they hadn't..*winks.. Peter said the new bits added to the distributor were grey and didn't work, and the sparkplugs Mac Quest had put on were a no-name brand and useless... *applauds...

Whether or not they've caused further damage when they pushed her right the way round to the parking lot in a so-called hissy fit, (she's an automatic BTW) will be seen no doubt quite soon, and Bosch Mac Quest will duly be given their due right here.... Anything else I wish to retract right now?  I don't believe there is, and I'm just thankful that for the moment Mr. Moodley appears to have pulled rank and bailed me out for reasons unknown... It remains to be seen if my tough little car plays up further down the line...

And now for something completely different....
I lent my sister my spare Nokia brick as her roving mobile is costing an arm and a leg to use... She said the loaned phone died fairly smartly and they weren't able to use it, and so I got it back this morning... It has, in the two days she's had it, acquired a new icon on the screen!  *bolt-eyed...  On the top left corner next to the signal bars that run vertically, is now a small unidentifiable icon that most certainly wasn't there before...
I plugged it into the charger, activated it and attempted to send the GW a text.. It failed twice to Send... I checked and have over R60 in the phone... The third time I tried it went...*snorts..
Alas, I have to say I remain unimpressed by the Rubbish and the mischief he causes...

Speak to the Head Honcho?  Our Head of Intelligence himself?   Explain to Mo that somewhere down the line they've cocked up royally by employing this bunch of criminals to run the Information Theft Scheme?
Appeal to him as a homie and insist we all deserve better?  Hmm.. I imagine he would laugh me off as easily as you've done...

As I scribble here it's now 1.00pm and two older gentlemen are delivering something to the Scrabble-Player's property... Whatever it is (a mini-deck?) it's way too heavy and I suspect one or other of them may be in traction by the week's end... I'm happy to see how his fortunes have improved so dramatically since he was invited to join the WUG..  It was just last Christmas I believe, that they were as anxious about their finances as we are, and yet in the blink of an eye it would seem that the wolf has turned from their door... *applauds and wonders if you're paying attention....
I surmise you'd find dozens of Zone inhabitants whose lives and bank balances have improved amazingly since they hopped on board this dodgy gravy train... A contract here, a won tender there and endless Scrabble tournaments on uncapped free broadband... What are you waiting for?

LATER at 1.37pm.

I've just taken THIS picture of Balliram's electric gates, showing clearly that they're not properly shut.. Why is that?  If he shut them securely his house alarm would react noisily as he remotely jumped the signal across to his home and then to mine?  Once again I will say that he sacrifices the security of his home in return for both speed and to keep the alarm from going off.. Cheap in more ways than one... Pretty much the end of any future insurance scams methinks... Several photos showing the gate arm deactivated or the gates just not shut properly will put paid to that... *finger...

LATER at 6.05pm

I've checked this morning's chain of events with the GW, and repeat that he had called Great Shift well after 8am and been told the mechanic was out and that he would call when he returned... He never did.  Instead, as blogged, Kalikshni (sp) had called just as I was typing up the last paragraph of Agent Provocateur (and yes, the time frame IS crucial to my tale), to say the car was ready....*grins...
If my for once carefully chosen words caused Plan A to be hastily scrapped, what is Plan B?  I repeat, were Roy Moodley to suddenly claim he had 'seen' my blog and decided he didn't want my custom (vaguely along the lines of the ploy used by Mac Quest) it would indeed be the clincher I need to prove my point once and for all...
I would dearly like to meet the new Owner of Great Shift personally to thank him, but doubt very much that is likely to happen.... *sighs...

I took a chance and actually logged in to mybroadband earlier this evening... I was left to browse in peace!  As usual I went over to the bblounge straight afterwards, but instead of it loading, I was given the now ubiquitous blank white screen... (the one Balliram used so often when I would attempt to access #trivia).  I've been logging into that site just prior to blogging for a couple of days, probably kidding myself that someone out there would see me sign in and know I was online...
Was it Balliram or Halicon that decided that my feeble attempts should be nipped in the bud?  Hard to tell, despite that young Hal's light remains green when I sign into gmail... Wishful thinking there young man... *grins..
If you have something to say, go ahead.. Without my Network Admin's blessing you wouldn't be there, so.... *winks...
Access denied as usual when I attempted to go into a trivia channel... Am I finally getting to you and your cronies Creep?  It certainly appears to be the case...

Peace..

---oOo---

Tuesday 24th August 2010 at 9.16am...