Wednesday, January 27, 2010

UNREPENTANT....

(Tuesday 26th January at 3.20am...)

I've been sitting here at the desk for a while, watching the clouds move steadily down from the North, out in the dark of the valley... The brilliant white light spills out the length of the orphanage kitchen windows as usual, and that new, spooky and mournful whine sounds sporadically now and again.. A fluff-tailed, spotted nightjar? A giant fruitbat in the throes of passion? I'd much rather go with it as being something hatched by my Controller, but for the moment I'm stumped..*grins..
The Wireless Song buzzes out across the valley and my ears shriek comfortingly.. Man, I love this time of day..*beams....

It was still light when I'd taken myself up to the Hall at 6.30pm last night to our CPF Meeting... (as I write, a bird whistles loudly across the valley. A sound I'm not familiar with at all, so maybe the new noise is after all, a product of Nature, and not the foolish Captain of Courage..)

The thought of being stuck in that cramped and airless little room for an hour had me hauling a couple of chairs out into the open, and happily the idea caught on... We lugged a small table out for the Chairman, and it wasn't long before we were set up outside in the evening air...
Sure, it doesn't take much to please me, but as the circle grew, I confess I was delighted...
It's common knowledge that our CPF is toothless and dances to the tune of the Crooked on the Hill, so why do they bother showing up? I don't know and don't really care...*waves cheerfully to Char...
If last night's Meeting was supposed to be a failure due to the powercut, it turned out to be quite the opposite, and one of the most enjoyable gatherings I've attended..

Surprisingly, our first-ever little delegation from Foreman road arrived, and the rep from Lacey Road showed up as well.. I guess Holson would've been pleased..*grins...
Supt. Singh had drawn the short straw up at Dodge City (eye-candy that made it less likely the elderly would nod off?) Was he surprised by the general air of good humour? A tad disappointed perhaps? *winks..

You can bring your problems to us, and we'll chat about them and Minute them, as long as you don't expect them to be solved? That pretty much says it all..*belches.. The potential is there, but until the SAPS Sydenham Admin. regard us as anything other than a bunch of gormless puppets, and genuinely work WITH us, Barnabas will remain the winner... *sighs...

What to tell you?
The power went out again yesterday at 2.00pm, and as I write now some fourteen hours later, it's still off...*blinks... It's a biggie ja.. I would be more than willing to claim responsibility, but I must be cautious in my arrogance... *coughs...
No, stuff that! Let me say that if this over-long blackout is in ANY way related to the criminal element who read my blog having taken offence, I am delighted! *beams...
The cost of spoiled food aside, even the Chosen must now begin to see how neatly they've been suckered..How easily they can be controlled and 'punished'? The beauty of it is that they can't say a word! *roffels..
If indeed this powercut was designed to remind residents of who's in charge, hopefully it will backfire, as so many of the Druglord's plans are beginning to do right now...
Fingers crossed that it will wake some of you up to the realisation that despite the fat contracts you've been given, you are as much a prisoner of the Project as we are...

*a soft rain has just begun falling, and a gentle breeze coming in the window has the temperature suddenly dropping a notch...*

The lesson that will hopefully be learned if any, is that I speak the bloody truth when I say you are dealing with the devil..*cackles...
Already in my pointed head I'm trying to figure out the best way of distributing the paltry contents of my deep-freeze should the need arise, and think the answer lies in a visit down to the SPCA... What can't be salvaged I shall consider a worthy martyr to my own 'mission'... *grins...
And in case you're wondering, I'd quietly packed my portable standby neon-strip lamp for the Chair to use at the Meeting last night, and it worked a treat..*dances...
Was it intended that our Meeting be cancelled? The lights this morning are all functioning just beyond the Playing field, and the mini base station contributes as usual, yet still we have no power....

I gather parts of Westville were treated to powercuts as well, and mutterings were heard of a transformer that blew... You think? *teeth... Gird your loins people... It will surely get worse, as the criminals you've signed your lives over to, try to cow you even further... Spit in their faces as I do, and keep your spirit strong... *grins...

LATER at 3.15pm

Jason Nagel. Dark, acne-scarred complexion. Short hair. A file picture? It was such a good description, you'd think the officer had met him personally. Hmm... not likely as Ronnie's only been working at Dodge City for a few months and isn't a local lad AFAIK....
Unless... unless someone deliberately picked up the phone and arranged for this thief to head back to the Zone to cause mayhem? Much as the useful Adrian Kingsley is used occasionally by the Rotten Apples to stir mischief?
I was only listening with half an ear when he read the stats, but I swear there were at least three instances mentioned that involved St. Ann's, St. John's and Sister Dorothea's car being nicked...
All RC institutions being targeted one way or another ...
Does Nagel visit the Station to collect some form of payment for his *coughs* services? What's his preference? Cash? Mandrax? Cocaine? A shiny new revolver 'liberated' from the evidence room? *winks..
My bet is that Adrian and Jason know each other, though the latter operates on a slightly more sophisticated level than the ageing grafitti artist, and even runs to car theft if given the opportunity... The Sister's old car Jase? The priest's laptop? You're mum would be SO proud godloveher...*applauds....
Whose little black book produced Nagel's number? der Kommissar, supposedly on his best behaviour, while Mo argues bitterly with Bheki over the value of keeping the Abuser at Sydenham station?

Awkward for the Whisperer, as I'm betting he'd rather Hatman didn't know the finer details of the Information Theft Project and all it's amazing potential...*laughing...
What are the odds our own National Police Commissioner's every move and utterances are monitored and recorded, building a file that will be sat on until the Shaikboys decide it's time he's earned his place on the front page of the press.... Ooops! I'm too late and that's already been done?
Were the photos of Hatman enjoying his friend Sbu Mpisane's lavish party a double-edged sword? Was that particular revelation the result of Mo and Schabir's rage at Cele's attempts to have their front-man transferred from the Zone?
Was that the reason for the cops derisive mirth at Bheki's attempts to change the balance of power here in the kingdom of the Druglord? Anyone paying attention here? Willies? Holson?

You planning on waking up anytime soon dudes? The first thing you have to do is accept that you've been played for suckers from the start... *shrugs... That you have NO idea of the amount of surveillance that you're currently under, or the form it takes...
It's been in the Whisperer's interests to know YOUR every move, conversation, and buck spent.. To have that information stored in a handy data bank for use when necessary..
I won't be apologising for my remarks made on the blatant miscarriage of justice used on the Kennedy Road 12, and I've still no idea of what transpired at the Magistrate's Court on Friday...

The Ferret (whom I bumped into this morning) took great delight in telling me that I'm on my own now...*chortles... What is that supposed to mean? Was I not always ridiculed and spurned by both factions? Was there ever a time the mere mention of my name didn't have both parties collapse with uncontrolled hysteria?

The erstwhile Used-Car Salesperson rang earlier this afternoon... Sales were slack at the time and she'd been amusing her vapid colleagues with tales of her SO's amazing prowess... She asked if I knew when the power was coming back on and then interrupted herself to say 'don't laugh' to a workmate in the background..*rolls eyes....
Standard behaviour for one who has spent way too much time in the company of petty criminals, and my sympathy for her plight doesn't waver... It's early days Missus C - will you remember me years down the line, and recall that I warned you of the misery he will put you through? *shrugs...

I would ask why he had the electrician in to make so many 'adjustments' to his property just days prior to the resumption of the 'power-shedding?' *snorts.. More fantabulous coincidence?
Dear me, if Barnabas thinks he's achieved a cleaner image over the past years, I'm here to put him straight..
The methods used to deliver 'messages' to those deemed worthy of punishment may have advanced to include the use of power supplies, but the authors remain the low-life scum they always were, despite all the cosmetic changes in the world.... Standards, Earl! Standards!~!! *waves...

LATER at 7.45pm

The power was finally restored 29 hours later at 7.15pm, in the middle of a driving downpour...
There had been no cable-fault nor blown transformer. All it took was a flick of the switch by a power-drunk goonda...
It's been an eye-opener to ask around and find who else exactly was singled out to endure the marathon blackout.... Certainly not just this wrinkled toad..
Had my Master business to attend to out of town, and found it was easier to ensure MY silence by slamming off the power while he was away? How flattering that would be, were it so... *cackles...

Peace julle..

---oOo---

Wednesday 27th January 2010 at 11.37am...