Monday, December 21, 2009

THERE AIN'T NO CURE....

(begun Monday 21st December at 3.15am...)

At 3.00am on the nose I went from a deep coma to standing bolt-eyed next to the bed, with a speed that shook me..*grins.. Cramp in the shin and a burning hand hmmm... My Controller's version of reveille or just old age? It's hard to tell...

The Wireless Song moves around. It does.. Unlike the humming from the Telkom mast that keeps the Sander Road residents awake, I've heard the sound coming from different points round the valley.. Who can forget the day I walked out onto the verandah and it was coming out of der Bunker?!! *falls over...
It was effing broad daylight at the time and it stopped as soon as I hit the top step, never to return. That was a classic!
It's really loud and erm, rich sounding as I write, and I'd like to choose the Recreation Centre as it's point of origin this morning...

Who told my idiot PuppetMaster to leave me be and let me talk? Barnabas? You'll have to pardon my curiosity but Colin Balliram doesn't take orders easily, do you dear? *pats the unfortunate fellow cautiously... Sometimes he'd take the Sweeper's advice, but the minute she left, he'd be back hammering me relentlessly...*shrugs... This time it's different ja...

Even the noisy snowing that happens when we switch on the TV has stopped since I bitched about it weeks back.. My sturdy CPF loaded Nokia hasn't had it's screen greyed out in ages either..
Even so, he's very much around still.. I've not heard the crack from the cabling behind the walls in the lounge for a while, but that means squat. Only that he's finally taking a bit more care..*shrugs.. Way too late though... As a 'Secret' Agent, he's a dead loss...*roffels... He's literally fed on my startled cries at his prowess over the years, and I guess I'm the only one that appreciates the effort it's taking him now, to control his constantly simmering maliciousness...*applauds...
Apart from that, he still gratifies himself in small ways that he obviously thinks he can get away with.. The often given Error 718 and refusal to connect, is a favourite, and one that he feels he can shrug off as not his doing?
The degraded signal I get when browsing is another. By chance last night I hovered the cursor over the iBurst icon on the bottom task bar, to find that I was only getting a 50% signal FFS... My Lord Fowl hastily bounced that back up into the 90's% when I remarked aloud to the GW, and kept it there... Small, but deliberately spiteful...*shrugs...
I guess his Superiors will be happy to hear he's making an effort to improve his behaviour at last, but at what cost?

*as I write, Eejitboy activates one of the silly electronic devices somewhere out in the dark, and I don't even waste my spit on it*


Captain Courageous is himself a threat to the Project. He and his repulsive Chief got so cocky with their power that they totally lost the plot.. They would have gotten away with it but for their criminal activities...
Watching the Master's red rodeo cruising off down the Crescent only to stop politely at the Stop Street was brilliant, and I'd still like to know how much he collected from his unfortunate insurers for that little scam...*laughing...

One-Eyed Jack got all the publicity he craves and then some, and it turns out he's not the good cop he'd have you believe after all... My god, but what a smokescreen that's been...
I'm damned sure I told you that way back when he was transferred from Point Station to the Beach, the staff there said they would walk, sooner than have His Corruptness working among them, and as a result he bobbed up at Dodge City to begin his lucrative relationship with Earl Michael Barnabas...

You know all this but it changes nothing? You simply can't find a suitable replacement? Supt. Marillier and Supt. Mngomezulu wouldn't stomach working with the Druglord no matter what treasures you offered them in return? I can see your problem ja....
Well, I nominated young Alex and if you'd just stop laughing for 5 minutes, you'd see the merit in my suggestion...
At this point, we have here a well-known Cracker, elevated to Electrical Engineer status with no problem at all...
So what would be difficult about moving a DA politician into the SAP Service and raising him to Station Commander? Pay bloody attention here!!!! *belches...

Like Martin Marais, Alex could sit decoratively and safely in his office out of harm's way. No offence there Martin, and I'm darned sure you put your life on the line many times over the years, but once Tweedledumb arrived, you took a back seat....
I just have this weird feeling that things would improve dramatically with the young Councillor running Dodge City. Are you offended by my recommendation young man? Don't be, it's a fekking compliment, whether you see it as such or not... *grins..

Like my CPF VC, the young man knows the value of a smile. Something that One-eyed Jack attempts at his cost... *laughing... Ag, there are many reasons why the Councillor would be perfect for the job and you know it... I've not heard from him in ages, though he'd said he'd swung a Ward change and would be back at our CPF Meetings... I'd like to think his non-arrival is due to the fact that he's enrolled at the Police Academy, but I've seen his face on too many pages of the local rags lately for that to be true... *sighs...
So, I guess we're stuck with der Kommissar for some time to come.. *sighs...
A chap who frankly makes the Mountain Rise Station Head look angelic by comparison..*cackles..

Even I was fooled for a while, but Augustine changed that forever, simply by giving Tweedledumb one tap and removing his service pistol. The resulting cowardly squeals finally revealed the true nature of this yellow beast....
We have here a bully who dances to the tune of the Druglord Earl Michael Barnabas. Who has been given the means to activate any of the many unseen cameras now dotted throughout the Zone, to watch you and your family. Who is now able to enter your private domain via the power lines without your knowledge. Who can now have your power supply surged repeatedly if he so chooses, until such time as an electrical fire destroys either your home or your business. Cool hey? You think? *blinks..

If you consider all the other charges of attempted suicide, murder, racism, threats made to his own Missus, and sexual harrassment charges laid by policewomen, to be irrelevant, then by golly, you deserve him... *grins..
If you truly think the ShaikBoyz are the new, collectively speaking, Messiah, and the choices they've made for the residents of the Zone are good, then no worries dudes...

I think back to the carefully posed Press picture of the Whisperer, wearing his white robes whilst studiously studying the Holy book, and I wonder where it all went wrong...*sighs...
I say give Schabir his bloody Presidential Pardon and with it the chance, as remote as it seems, to make some changes for the good of the man in the street, and not just the already overbloated fatcats..

I'm still the Idiotic eternal optimist hey? Unlike the incorrigible Kommissar, (who should be sent to outer Mongolia to police the yak population), I seriously think the ShaiBoyz have a role to play, and they should be left to get on with it.
It remains to be seen whether their input will make things better or worse, but antagonising one of the main Players is IMO a bloody stupid thing to do, and I should know...*falls over laughing...

LATER at 8.30am...

While most of you give the impression your main goal in life is to have a stable, speedy and affordable internet connection, I guess you're going to have to wait a while longer...
Besides, the obliging GW already settles for a great deal less... He accepts that our google home page loads without it's options until you wave the cursor about FFS.
My blogger.com log-in still stubbornly refuses to remember my password, and the little blue window that bobs up in my gmail account once I've signed in, saying 'we're experiencing technical difficulties' is now a regular feature...

All this, despite running a full kapersky (sp) scan on a regular basis. *looks at it's Network Administrator... The techs here will snort and say the problems are easily fixed, but of course it's not a simple matter for us...*shrugs.. How many seconds do you think it would take Bali to undo any repairs anyways? Sillies!

Peace...

---oOo---

Monday 21st december 2009 at 2.02pm