Tuesday, October 13, 2009

THE THUNDERBOXES....

(begun Monday 12th October at 4.55pm...)

With Amy McDonald's This is the Life cranked up in the iPod earphones, I sat happily at the desk as a thunderstorm of gigantic proportions raged outside... I've even gotten used to the giant Indian King fireworks set off sporadically by wankers across the way, but I still prefer to block out the thunder if I can...

Just before the storm broke I took the cooked livers and rice down the road for Thunder and Jody.. B. Snr. said he saw the container toilets sitting packed in the field across from Dodge City today, and couldn't figure it out... I can. Another message fosho. Behave, and you might just get a couple in your neck of the woods. Do as we say, and we might stretch the number to three? *vomits..

What are the people to think, but that der Kommissar has absolute jurisdiction over those toilets, placed where they are? A tasteless subject? Let me ask how long you'd manage sharing a long-drop with a hundred other folk? Perhaps it's fortunate that I'm too thick to stay down for any length of time because by golly, there's a lot of depressing stuff going on, and it's taken my 'relationship' with TweedleDUMB and Bali to wake me up to the extent of the misery deliberately perpetuated by the PTB...

The recollection of the porky, well-fed Logie Naidoo spouting the usual bullshit of free housing for all, and free electricity and water, to a stony-faced audience at the Kennedy Road Community Meeting springs to mind...
The majority know it's not going to happen, and it will ALWAYS be the favoured few that get the goods, while the rest struggle on, manipulated or ignored by the fatcat politicians...

So, Sbu and Gumede fell out? I guess if Zidoke was vocal on the matter of the ruling party's corrupt practises, it was inevitable the two would clash... Gumede had wisely promised to play along with der Kommissar after all... *vomits...
I can't get involved in politics as I can barely keep from drowning under the theatrics playing out of Dodge City as it is....

I paid her a brief visit this morning, and came away knowing I was right after all... *sighs... The dear girl is already over any upset she may have inititally felt when the picture was first chosen as a prop... I guess it will be used by his defense counsel to great effect in the High Court.. Watch and see....
I feel for the Good Super who is naively cheerful at events so far... Nathie Mtwethwa will be way too distracted by his own immediate problems to aid him (well timed revelations there dudes!!) and short of a miracle, Sydenham's loss looks to be Greenwood Park's gain for some time to come...

How simple this technology makes it, to manipulate the lives of the genuinely good... I can only surmise that the OldBoys Network have struck a deal with the Whisperers, and that they work amicably side by side for the moment at least... *baffled...
I'm aware that I should cease whining in Jannie's direction, as I oddly enough think he would have sorted out my landline problems by now if it were possible... Nauseatingly self-depracating and humble as I am, I've been good for a laugh or two these past years, and I guess there's no arrogance involved when I say I've earned a little help in my hour of need... *winks...

I'm trying to distract myself from worrying about the White Rats next door and their fear of the noisy storm... they're among the fortunate few that have a sturdy kennel to shelter in, so my anxiety is pretty pointless.. Old habits die hard....

The lights are dipping continuously, and the iPod has moved on to Travis, insisting that Heaven seems so very far from here...*grins... Yeah, I've got the dreaded guilt thing, when I sit in my comfortable if grubby little home and marvel at how the masses survive their tribulations, and I imagine how things could be...
I've left it way too late to make a difference, but am giving it my best inarticulate shot here, to wake you up nonetheless...

Tuesday 13th October at 4.30am..

Not enough Bali content in my previous blog? Did I stray too far off topic? My Master seeks to remind me that HE is the Main Man? *cackles... I'd hardly nodded off last night (oooh and there's the sheer wave of heat threatening to implode my fat head!), when I was back, listening to Cola calling very close by... I opened the lounge door to let the Twins dash in... *grins... 10.45pm? The storm had long ceased, but even so the Twins were miraculously dry and mud free.. Hau!
Impossible, if they'd come in under the wall... Unless of course they'd come through half an hour before and had been drying off quietly on the verandah before politely waking me? *laughing... I sent Missus C a couple of texts just before 11.00pm (so she wouldn't miss the dogs and fret *winks) It's unlikely the texts reached their destination, as there was no reply..

Unused as they are to overnighting indoors, they settled down eventually and slept. I've just let them out to pee and they've curled up again back on my bed... No problemo..*finger to the Mischief Maker next door... Desperate times there mon Petite Merde? Naa... that would be sheer wishful thinking on my part.. My Network Admin exudes the same smug, untouchable air as his chommie, Salacious Crumb up on the Hill...*yawns...

The pre-dawn sky is a deep, cloudless indigo.. Judging from the sudden heatwave and brief jangling of nerves in my teeth, Bali is sprawled close by in der Bunker behind his laptop... *shrugs... At some point in the night I'd dreamed vividly that someone was showing me how the signal enhancing lights operated. Alas, their explanation had vanished by the time I awoke...

Does an aerial view of Durban and surrounds show the enormous increase in the use of white signal enhancing paint on so many buildings? A most impractical colour, and one that will degrade and become grubby very quickly, and yet it has suddenly become very popular...*winks... I must go do the walking thing...

LATER at 12.10pm

Our Vice-Chair informed the Meeting that there are cameras dotted around Sydenham already. Presumably she wasn't told exactly where, and it's unlikely they resemble conventional cctv cameras...
Much has been made in the past of our Crescent being a desirable escape route for hijackers, and yet no mention was made of the cameras that most certainly adorn the streetlights throughout Sherwood as well... Admitting that these exist could prove very embarrassing for some, could it not mon Capitano? *grins widely... Anyways, there's no point in arguing about it, as you know the things exist.
The Microwave Boffin asked who mans the monitors for these cameras but no-one replied... *shrugs...

Someone was sitting at a PC when I arrived at Dodge city yesterday to see Navi... The windows of that office next to the Admin. Block are deliberately darkened for security presumably, but the active PC screen and the person's torso as he swivelled round to check me out, were clearly visible... Civilian clothes they were too...*interested...

I've already told you that Supt. Mngomezulu has been filled in on my role as the Ancient Village Idiot have I not? I asked him the other day if he could spare me a minute, and pop by the house... His apparent cheerfulness stalled immediately poor man, and I guess whoever it was that supplied him with the so-called incriminating photo, will urge him not to see me...*grins..

It's not a trainsmash, for I don't have good news for him, now do I? He is being played like a fish, and I would relish eating my words were I to be proved wrong... *sighs...
Will the One-eyed Jack rise from the ashes and return to head the organised crime running from out of Dodge City? Will the implications of his loss of face finally register, leaving him more unstable than ever? *curious...
I have no answers and like you, I must wait for the curtain to go up on the next Act of what is fast becoming a melodramatic B-grade production...*roffels..

Peace julle..

---oOo---

Tuesday 13th October 2009 at 2.06pm.