Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SQUARE ONE....

(begun Monday 24th August at 5.25am...)

Less than a minute before I climbed onto the Orbitrek, Sir WhoppersRUs cracked into the TV corner and initiated Experiment No. 33....*staggers slightly.... As I gripped the handle my right hand straight away began to die *lawls... Of the nausea that had beset me there was no sign at all... Again, I guess that could be laid at the door of copious bucketfuls of EMF and the coming rain.... But then what do I know? Squat, nada, zip, zilch...*sighs..

Thing is that our valley-facing spotlight was putting out it's lowest level of power this morning, and the resulting murky orange glow was frankly eerie.... *grins.. It's cold and wet out and yet I considered at one point tossing my jerseys but didn't ..*blinks.. Afterwards I came in and sat at the desk only to be engulfed in heat...*teeth...
You will know by now that we seldom if ever close our windows, and yet here I sit warm as toast, sans jumpers...It's MAGIC! *coughs....

Do I curtsey deeply and gratefully to Bullyboy for dumbing down the power this morning now that he's sobered up? *curious... What do you think Dixie? The Courageous Couple are as straight as a die and would NEVER lie to you? *falls over laughing... They're personal friends and you even bought a Merc from her for an amazing price? That's the clincher? *shrieking with mirth...
The reason for your involvement? Boredom would be my first guess, and an unfulfilling life my second... May the rewards be well worth it...*serious....

I must accept that I exist in this huge loop that simply goes round and round with no end in sight... On the very odd occasion I think I've made any headway, I'm slammed back into my subservient role as Entertainer to the Chosen...*laughing.. Thick as I am, I don't consider packing it in, and will continue to have you floored by my stupidity until you find some other idiot deemed worthier of your attentions..*grins...(As if.....)
Clearly you're not impressed by genuine honesty at all, while Salesmanship and Prevarication are the order of the day... *bows to Missus C's superior skills....

I'm still fascinated by the two big Northfacing lamps on the Mothership remaining off... Again, was this a special request from Carol? Or do they interfere with the camera? With the cherrypicker so recently in the neighbourhood and all the attention that the lights have received, there's been ample opportunity to replace those bulbs and activate them...Hmm....

Too busy wiring up the unsuspecting Asherville residents to the Grid? *winks...
I'd spotted a big white lorry coming out of a side road down by Davenport Centre last Thursday. Will there be another electrical fire in that area soon? Another surge to knock out residents assets? If you happen to spot an E.S. Electrical vehicle working down your way, you can rest assured YOUR power system will begin to behave oddly...*cackles..

No doubt the Mthiyane Contractors continue to thieve cable, allowing the Muni to come along and 'fix' the problem with their new technology.. *winks... But I guess since I've given them so much advertising space, they've now been consigned to the furthest suburbs away from the city... *falls over... Kloof? Hillcrest? Gilletts? Anyone seen them out that way? Duck if you have...

I've finally put my jumpers back on as more rain moves in from the south.. Though my ears shriek, my hands have settled down and the nausea is non-existent... The early morning experiment is over? *grins at it's Master..

LATER at 7.55am..

Skiver that I am, I snuck back into bed next to fat Sophie after 6.00am.. (she didn't do a runner overnight to the kid's room, as she had over the weekend). When I finally dozed off there was an old man leading a horse standing next to me, and he said to get on.. I did. (and like a 16 year old too!) *startled... I was heading down a gently sloping grassy field and could HEAR the effing creak of leather and the horse blowing softly through it's nose... (Probably my own snores!)
The old man said something and the horse went into a flat gallop across the field and I'm pretty much at a loss to describe how I felt...Total freedom? Downright Joyous Delight? There were half a dozen people now walking at the edge of the field, and I heard one of them shout a jolly greeting and I laughed... Sean? *falls over....

There's no profound and deep 'meaning' to it.. I just finished reading All The Pretty Horses and then watched the start of the movie the other night is all...*shrugs.. But still, it was IMO worth sharing...*grins..

Little Sister Stephen just rang. She and the kids are down with the flu and she can't make the Meeting tonight. She says the new electric gates haven't been wired up yet..*interested... I would ask that the Director keep a closer eye on her than usual until she recovers, as she is a workaholic and won't take to her bed if she can help it...*anxious..

LATER at 8.30am...

I pared down my sms list of reminders dramatically, as our Muslim members are fasting.. The rest I sent without a hitch... I then got the GW to check and it showed the bundle he bought had come through yesterday WITHOUT the usual confirmation text from vodacom....*beams...
The smallest of tweaks often produces the greatest pleasures do they not mon Capitano? *projectile vomits over His Crookedness happily...

I looked up at 8.20am to see one of the Guardians of the Valve moving the orange crate to a preferred position... He certainly didn't spend the night out in the open in all the rain.. Any ideas where these two shelter overnight?

LATER at 9.25am..

Both Guardians struggle now to light a fire at the base of THIS gumtree... At this distance their clothing shows a remarkable lack of signs that they are sleeping rough... *winks.. They make no attempt to hide, confirming they are gainfully employed?
If I don't see the Construction Bakkie within the next 10 days, I must conclude that a part of the huge operation currently underway, includes rerouting that water runoff for the THIRD time! *laughing..

LATER at 1.05pm

Oh dear, oh dear.... It appears now that the two gentlemen over under the trees across the way are vying for the Ham of the Year spot as they self-consciously stretch and wander about in the open.... They appear to have collected all the goods they own and have set them up in two large piles...*shrugs..
Just after 1.00pm I called the Activist (who'd shown such concern at our CPF Meeting on the matter of loiterers in the horseyard/valley). He'd said to contact K which I did immediately. K said he would get SAPS on to it... Three hours later and their little cooking fire burns merrily against the gumtree while they busy themselves setting up home...*grins...
I sent two more texts to the Activist, K and this time one to the Good Super at 12.45pm, requesting that he move the two blokes on... *waits with fascination to see how Act ll plays out..

LATER at 4.15pm

The little fire roared up at the foot of the tree just before 4.00pm For a while it looked to spread but then it guttered and died... I've no idea whether SAPS arrived and moved the guys on or not, but both they and their belongings have disappeared...*beams...

LATER at 5.50pm

I thought to log on and check my mail at 5.26pm before heading out to the Meeting. My Master thought otherwise. It was No Contest, and after four tries and Error 676 and 691's I left him, hopefully feeling happier....
The black rodeo had pulled in earlier, but as is so often the case, there was payment due for my earlier blog and No Connection won the day...*cackles... This is not illegal because.....?
As I sit now, writing at the desk, the anglepoise suddenly flickers wildly... My pitiful Lord Foul is desperate for attention....
I'm doing my best kiddo, though I'm battling to keep up with all the finer aspects of your illegal behaviour....*yawns and scratches... What was it you wanted? Blood? *winks and pats the Saddo cautiously....

Tuesday 25th August at 4.40am..

Ye gods but it's fairly nippy this morning! I went to unlock and open the front door just after 4.00am to find Pepsi waiting out on the verandah to be let in...*beams... Despite Sophie's delight, she caused very little stir and they're both curled up and asleep as I write... (Both the Twins are off their liver/chicken flavoured rice at the moment and don't seem to have appetites at all. A cause for concern, or has Missus C found a soft food that they enjoy and can manage?)

Last night's Meeting? More people than I'd expected pitched up and our CPF Communications Officer and the Good Superintendent held the fort and turned what could have been a disastrous evening into a pleasant and rewarding one..*cheers... There are so many undercurrents swirling about right now, I've no choice but to sit and wait and watch as things develop....*fascinated..

Peace...

---oOo---

Tuesday 25th August 2009 at 1.33pm.