Wednesday, August 05, 2009

DISGRACE WITHOUT TERM....

(begun Wednesday 5th August at 3.55am...)

I had a tussle getting my sweaters on while trying to clear my head of sleep, so I couldn't swear to it, but the moon blinked. Well, either that or a VERY big light seemed to go out, though what it was I don't know... Odd... I had to search for Rotunda as well, who wasn't buried as usual under the blankets next to me.. Did the room just get too uncomfortably warm overnight, that I found her eventually on the kid's bed?
You think you know him? My Prince of Venom? *shrieks with mirth...NOT!

I'd gone us usual to mybroadband last night, to find a kind reply from rpm, and had browsed without incident... My pm function worked just fine..*shrugs... I'd even been over to the trivia channel later and in a fit of extreme daring, had signed in and played alone happily for a while without any problems.. So what if we were running at less than dial-up speeds from the time I logged on and our connection was down to 96%? The thing was working FFS! *grins..

He runs something from out of the Convent laundry? Those windows were lit early yesterday evening and are still on at this hour.. Whose privacy is being invaded and signal enhanced by that light being on? *curious...

I was on the very edge of sleep last night, when I thought of another question for the Strategist..
Did you haul a bunch of techs out of retirement for the installation of the Information Theft Project? It's been years since I've seen so many silver-haired OldBoys Network techs with their heads buried in switchboxes or up the poles! Seriously!
One of those small but remarkable things that up till now, I've forgotten to mention...*grins.. Have they signed a special contract? I'm guessing they're not interested in the current strike action at all, and are being handsomely re-imbursed for this particular job?
Yeah, I know I've got a big mouth, but the fact remains that it's odd enough to remark on...*shrugs...
You needed guys with a lifetime of expertise to handle the adjustments that constantly have to be made, so it makes sense....*nods...HERE'S (ahhh... and suddenly the minor problems kick in as I try editing my writing.... *waves to the KnobHead....)
an example of what I'm talking about, as he climbs out of his Telkom bakkie, weighed down by the thick gold chain round his neck...*cackles....

The threads questioning whether Telkom will survive the competition are a laugh a minute...Though it wears a different dress it is doing VERY well, and I guess the contract it's signed with Government to aid with the Muni Wireless/Broadband Network System would shock even you at the amount of money involved.... All done pretty much under the counter too, hey Jannie? *winks.. Well, nothing the average man-in-the-street is likely to ever be told about...

You can tell I've shifted the morose mood I was in yesterday? It was Disgrace that did it... J.M. Coetzee? I won't be waiting for that movie... It's a shame they've seen fit to use Malkovich for the lead, when we've so many actors that would have done a more true and honest job... Money talks hey? I truly feel that using a big name USA actor will destroy the story's credibility.. Sure, it will walk off with a few Oscars, as Hollywood tends to be PC in these cases... But if Malkovich is going to even attempt an SA accent it will ruin the film...*sighs... You've read it? Then you'll know why I was feeling so bleak....

The Lout of my Life was out last night.. I heard his remote chirrup as he arrived home after I'd put the light out.. More tutoring? More persuading the gullible that you're no more than an amiable genius in the field of hacking? *laughs...

I noticed more carefully placed articles with the inevitable accompanying pictures in the Press last week.. Does he hope his face and that of Salacious Crumb, will become familiar to Joe Public as true upholders of the Law? *shrieks .... What Law FFS? It matters not how many pictures they arrange to have published, showing them ostensibly doing good works... The ROT surrounds them and it ain't going away....

We were told last week that due to the DSW strike, we should take our bags of household refuse back in, if they weren't collected on the day... Did you? Amazing how it is then, to see that the bags left out and ripped open, belong to the Chosen... Such a small but IMO, telling example of the strange choices made by the Project Authors....*grins...
B.Snr, Sue the Book and the irritating old toad dutifully carried their black bags back in out of reach of scavenging dogs, while my Master and his lackey Khaled didn't bother... Who is it that owns the torn open mess carefully placed and left on the pavement opposite Fred the Accountant's place? *gags.... Clearly not anyone that gives a hoot about complying to an official request...*sighs...
Double standards abound hey?

LATER at 6.05am..

Strange how THESE two huge SE's running from the nunnery itself, appear more deep orange than yellow at this hour... *startled... It just depends on the amount of power mon Capitano chooses to run from them I suppose....
I see my Dodgy One is back to running the light inside his garage overnight... Something he's always resorted to, when he has problems with his gates... Obviously it's just for added security to prevent his pretty Beemer being nicked.. You think? *keels over laughing... Not a chance! It's some sort of neat electrical back-up system that needs that light active to prevent his alarm going off and his gates going nuts among other things...*winks...

You guys know how many pictures I've taken of the mini-base Station that is St. Theresa's Convent right? That I've got seven albums full, that include shots taken at all times of the day and night? Interestingly, included in many of the pictures are several well-established trees...*grins... Trees that appear really healthy... You see where I'm going with this Jannie? The Liar, Sutcliffe has tossed out termites once too often IMO....
Trees here in the valley that suddenly appear to be dying will be noted... The PTB haven't seen fit to bother employing an Ombudsman... How cool is that?
Can I apply? Me and my fillings, and maybe the tri-field meter that you KNOW you want me to have? Heck, maybe the orphans over at St. Theresa's would be in with a chance, if I were in a position to curtail my Network Admins. gung ho madness! *grins..

LATER at 10.30am...

Sending Mike Oliver in after dark to take random readings doesn't cut it, and by now you know this... Nothing moves, that Captain Courageous and his Chief aren't aware of, including the dudes from the Electricity Department's Security division...

I've got this portable three-bar neon light that you leave plugged in, and if the power goes off it kicks in as a backup? It's got a neat little pilot light that activates while it's charging... No man, wake UP!!!! So, I plug it in to the adaptor next to the desk and the bright little red light comes on and I watch as next minute it fades back down to nothing... I try the other three jackpoints on the adaptor and it's the same thing... Haikona! That was the Controller's idea of entertainment a few months back, though since then, the light stays steady as a rock using the same jackpoints... See! I told you it was interesting! *beams...
The TV has taken one too many beatings from mon Petite Merde and now makes that nasty snowing noise when it's switched on... I do believe I owe him for that one...*bears it's yellowed fangs....

I heard Chickenman chirrup his remote earlier, at about 9.00am, and thought he was leaving, but five minutes or so later a brief and nasty grinding noise came from the fan that was running next to me, then he did the house alarm sound before really leaving....

I'd like to think the mlungu I saw at Bali's gates yesterday was the owner of ADT Security himself, Mr. Smith, I believe... I'd like to think he was an ex-cop who could smell the corruption a mile away... The reality is of course that Martin or Johan could probably be persuaded to contact Mr. Smith should he show more than a passing interest in Colin Balliram... After all, they both know my Master as the IT Security Expert that's tighter than a tick with the Abuser...

Neither of those two fine Officers of the Law found it necessary to pull the plug on the highly illegal phone-tapping back then - so giving my Master a good character reference should he need one, wouldn't be a problem...*grins... Unless you've finally found that bit of paper I'm so keen to see? The one Selebi signed giving the Abuser and the Rotten Apples permission to continue colluding with Telkom Overport employees to eavesdrop on the Zone residents of their choice? *still waiting...

Peace...

---oOo---

Wednesday 5th August 2009 at 1.27pm.