Sunday, August 09, 2009

BRIGHT SPARKS....

(begun Sunday 9th August at 6.00am...)

If it's more tales from this crypt you're after, you're going to have to wait a while... We kept Miss Pepsi for a sleepover as her owner never did acknowledge my text.... Bali had the girls round for a sing-a-long as well.... Dangerous times for dogs....*cackles...
I don't recall being more disturbed than usual (haha), though I did take the hacking Twin out just before 1.00am in case she needed to dump.
The two of us had sat out for a bit (me with the inevitable fag) and listened to the digitised, repetitive drone floating from der Bunker... Not an unpleasant sound at all, though lyrics are clearly not a pre-requisite for this type of music...*grins... The volume faded somewhat, shortly after I staggered back to bed with Bronchial Betty, and I woke late... Gezunkelnutz!!

I've paid attention to SlimyMike and it's going to be a cold day in hell before I give the dogs small soft bones again.. I figure I'll pop them in to cook with the rice instead, and bin them before serving? Least it gives the stuff a bit of flavour and nourishment? It's not like the Courageous Couple would bother with a top of the range vet diet, or that they would consider feeding the Shoveller separately to the two little Battlers? *sighs.. So, at least while the nights are cold and I can do it, the Scrawnys will get gravy flavoured rice to help them sleep... They're all of them, including Sophie, riddled with worms, and as a result on permanent alert for anything edible...
Fast as we de-worm ours, the Twins are over to play and the cycle starts again... Sharing, I believe it's called...*grins... They'll all still get bones occasionally, but I'll stick to the big ones from the deepfreeze that keep them happy for hours...*shrugs...

V's due to pitch later, though I see the wind has swung round to a north-easter and there's a bank of cloud moving slowly along the horizon... The angelus rings out as I write, and reminds me of how much I love this place...*beams..
I'm happily cleaning my palate on a Cormac McCarthy right now, and Disgrace is already beginning to fade...(Ja, she'd said not to read it, but as you know that's like a red flag to a bull, so it serves me right...*sighs...)

LATER at 7.40am..

I tottered up at 7.30am to fetch the Sunday paper... The Howard College MTB still glowed dimly through the ground mist and the huge orange streetlights lining Francois Road burned brightly... I vomit in the face of the Dancing Queen, Mike Sutcliffe, and his exhortations to save power... Bali is trying out a new combo this morning and THIS overhead remains active on the freeway bridge, kept company as always by THIS one... You'd expect there'd be daily howls of outrage at the practise of running so very many streetlights during daylight hours... Not.
I figure the silence denotes the amazing coverage already achieved by the Muni's Wireless/Broadband Network System and the story they've sold to the Chosen...*shrugs...

Since my Good Neighbour was persuaded to have THIS SE installed, my Controller has taken to running THIS matching stunner up by his jetski, more often than not... *curious... Despite there are two solidly built garages between them, do they talk to each other? If so, would it mean they're putting out rather more than just your standard 220 volts? *winks...
As you drive me nuts with your continued silence, will I in turn send you over the edge with my interminable questions! *roffels...

LATER at 8.40am...

You knew I'd pick up the story on Page 2 of yesterday's Independent... You were just waiting till I got round to it ja.... 'Power Surge' hits Glenwood.. Was it not between Davenport Road and Manning just recently that an 'electrical fire' crippled many householders assets? Poisonous Rabbit? Is Brian Gillham among the Chosen? Fosho he is, and yet he seems strangely oblivious to the huge part his power circuit plays in the Muni's Info Theft Project... Hell, for all I know, he is the intended Controller for that section, and inadvertently caused the mayhem himself...
Has ANYONE been listening? FFS, if your home stands empty each day, pull the stuffing plugs out of everything you can, right back to the wall jack... The same applies to cordless phones. Go track down an old-fashioned Venus phone instead....

Am I supposed to feel smugly satisfied that all my predictions and dire warnings are coming to pass? No can do. Instead, I'm nauseated by my own inability to communicate... My only consolation is that even had I not teetered on the brink of insanity for all those years, and had spoken as clearly as I know how, it would have changed nothing... My ignorance regarding all things IT related would have ensured that I received almost as much contempt and derision as I do now...*shrieks.... You GO Bright Sparks!!!! *laughing...

So now we have the unfortunate Sandile Maphumulo scrambling to cover for the Toothy Fairy and the Muni's Electricity Security Division... Give him a moment and you'll be amazed at the official reason the Damage Control Section will give him to pass on to Joe Public... Or maybe they won't even bother? They hold all the cards do they not? Bitch and your supply will be cut off? *spews...

Are you not beginning to question this marvellous innovation yet? You're still high from the fat contracts you were awarded in return for your assistance with the Project? Are you aware of the huge part played by YOUR local SAPS Station in this brilliant monitoring scheme? You'd forgotten about that? You've only Good guys up at your station so no worries?

*9.00am and Nobby roars at the top gates, followed a second later by the Controller's house alarm blaring... Would a kind (!) EE care to offer a reason why the big dog so often goes nuts seconds before the alarm sounds? In simple words if you please? *fascinated... Their hearing is finer tuned than ours, but it's still a mystery how he knows it's going to activate, ahead of time, albeit a second or two....*

So ja - I say that your local copshop has been given the ability now to intercept both your fixed line and your cellphone calls.. Whether the Officers handling the technology have your best interests at heart is another matter entirely...*looks at the rapidly ageing Abuser.... I would also suggest that ultimately it will be a simple matter for these same Officers to activate the startling VOIP options and to audio monitor the private conversations held in your own home... Have I let you down so far? On the main premise of the wondrous Muni Project, have I been wrong?

May I ask that you go re-read my attempt at poetry written so long ago... Here Be Spooks - The Ballad of CacklinTard had it nailed whether you like it or not...*chokes... Old habits die hard hey? You chose instead to fall about laughing as my Network Admin took his slow and delicious revenge for face-loss encountered in our mweb ISP days...*grins..
You shuddered with delight at each fart and belch reported back faithfully from our VOIPED home... The Toady Show was the highlight of your day....
S'cuse me then if it's now my turn to chortle and say I told you so... As the Genius Cracker turns out to be a small, mean-minded petty criminal....*laughing...

Am I suggesting that each of Telkom's white wireless boxes carries a camera as ours did? Don't be deliberately obtuse dudes.... *rolls eyes...
If for any reason your privacy is sold to the highest bidder (a business competitor, a disgruntled neighbour), up will go the ante, and while you're off at work or at the shops, a crew much like the Mthiyane Cowboys will pull up at the nearest pole bearing the box and neatly fit a lens similar to that seen in ours... Bingo! They've got all your conversations , plus visual monitoring at their fingertips....*beams..

But why worry? You didn't listen then and you're too hardegat to admit you may have been wrong now...*winks.. You will surely understand why I've transferred my affections from the Cowardly Pervert to the Strategist?
Twas a tard-typical fatal error of judgement to have EVER considered Colin Balliram a genius... I've paid dearly and will continue to pay.....*waves to the Arsehole...

Meanwhile, if you don't mind shifting your foolish arses up a bit and letting my wrinkled body squeeze in there, I'll kowtow with the rest of you at Jannie's feet? God willing I won't make the same mistake twice, and the smell of Real power coming off of voda3g is as heady as frangelica ever was....*chokes...

Stay safe on this lovely day.... Peace...

PS And still it seems my Master struggles to sit on his grubby hands as I type. The harddrive continues to go nuts intermittently... Ek maak sterk beswaar! *shrieks.....

---oOo---

Sunday 9th August 2009 at 10.45am...