Saturday, May 23, 2009

WATERSHED DOWN....

(begun Saturday 23rd May at 4.10am....)

It was about 6.00am yesterday when I heard the lady's voice over the loudhailer... I'd already noticed the cistern wasn't filling properly but I'd left the bathwater in, so no worries there...
I went up to ask if they'd a clue how long before the water was turned back on, and even in the dark, the road was a hive of activity.

The good neighbour from No. 14 pulled up next to me and said that he just didn't understand what was going on...*grins... He's a plumber himself and obviously a good one, as he landed several huge contracts that keep him safely off his property literally from dawn till dark...*winks... Did he know when the water would be back on? He said it shouldn't take long at all but drove off with a baffled expression anyways...

He was right, and as I recall the water was back soon enough. What a runoff it was! I'd spoken to N after going up to the road and she'd seen the water pouring down the road at 1.00am, so between the initial 'burst' on Tuesday 19th and today, they have shed thousands and thousands of litres of water...*nausea...

Pretty much like Eskom and its power-shedding don't you think? Water-shedding sure fits the bill quite well...
On Thursday, before I'd driven home through Owen Johnsons regular contribution to the runoffs, I'd stopped at the Station to drop off the CPF Register as usual... The regular Officers Meeting was underway in his darkened office...*weird... I put the form down in front of her and left... The smiles I used to get didn't appear and an air of gloom hung over the assembly...*sighs..
If this is how the fairly decently paid guys are feeling, I hate to think how bummed the lower ranks must be....
Never mind that for the moment.....

I then headed down to Spearman and into Lockesley, around the corner and -the photo op. of the century and no camera handy!!! *screams....
The usually empty and innocuous looking little reservoir was a HIVE of activity! Three or four guys were leaning on a raised manhole looking into its depths with an attitude that screamed 'what shall we try next?'... I guess they were all Engineers....
All this I took in as I swept round that nasty corner into the straight, so forgive me if I miscounted the guys, but otherwise I figure I get 10 out of 10? *falls over...
If their presence wasn't directly involved in the 'break' right over in Harris Crescent, I'll eat my shorts! In the few seconds I'd seen them, they'd appeared quite unconcerned and were clearly enjoying themselves...*shrugs... Obviously then a planned 'burst' as my Master had had his outside meter erected so swiftly and timeously as well...*winks...

I came in from the garden yesterday (Friday) at midday and could hear the big vehicles busy up on the road... On Fridays my Controller generally lurks all day in der Bunker and I wondered if I could get up the top before he sounded the alarm... I gave it my best shot I tell you! *cackles..
Armed with my camera I took those stairs two at a time but as always, he beat me to it...*snorts...
The Induna sitting outside No. 11 was just answering his cell! *falls over laughing... Fluke or not, he turned straight round to look at me and I waved cheerfully as I snapped the water still running down the road... HERE.

N told me at some point that the huge hole outside their home that had been patched roughly on Tuesday night was open again HERE, and that all the work done outside Sabeera's at No. 18 on the 23rd March HERE had been cracked open.. The only place that hadn't been ruined was the work done directly opposite Bali's own house when the water broke through on the 1st February HERE.

You begin to see a pattern? *winks.. Those houses on the hill Above the Crescent have to shed water regularly, and they can't seem to find a way of doing it stealthily...*laughing...
While I'd been up on the road in the dark yesterday morning, Missus C had emerged with the kids.. The maid was trundling along in the rear carrying a bucket to fill from the tanker... We chatted briefly and she (unlike poor Carol) managed to forgo hissing 'False' in my ear when I hugged her..

It's been 10 years FFS, and I know her about as well as she knows me...*grins.. She couldn't resist gently warning me that Pepsi had 'fallen' off the front deck into the valley the night before and that her SO had rescued her...*grim... I countered by telling her quite clearly that in future, they may simply text or call me when this happens and I will fetch her in under my wall, saving them considerable bother...*winks... Should any of their three dogs ever disappear, or be damaged in any way by 'falling' off either their top or bottom decks, it will have been engineered by mon Capitano himself...*shrugs..
I've already blogged how simple it would be to dog-proof both decks, but for now the JackHunter is enjoying the perilous situation way too much to hear the suggestions made by both myself and No. 4....*gags...

LATER

He'd recovered from his massive hissy-fit by yesterday, and I was permitted to use the mail, publish my blogs and browse MyBB without any major hassles... *curtseys ingratiatingly... How strange to find a mail from iMod in my box, repeating an ancient post from halicon? *sniffs the air...
In a futile effort to find out more, I clicked on the link and registered at iMod. The PC didn't explode or meltdown though I confess I had an anxious moment when the site refused to log me out a while later....*screams briefly... Bali tired of that sport eventually and I was allowed to leave albeit none the wiser...
I've not had a mail from iMod since forever and the reason for sending this repeat totally escapes me...
I will not diss MyBB despite all the attempts to get me to do so.... *beams... I've said many times how it's being used to recruit Controllers for the Information Theft Project and how voda3g now sits at the right hand of the site owner...*shrugs... Am I truly expected to leave in disgust? Bwaahaahhaaa! NOT!

Bali has in fact cut off his own three-foot nose to spite his face IMO. My choices are now so limited sans trivia, that it wouldn't occur to me to give up MyBB...*cackles...
Was I to be tempted by the great smileys's over at broadbandlounge and abandon MyBB after all these years? It doesn't work like that dudes...
There is a group of really good guys at MyBB and whatever their opinion of me, I have to stay as long as I'm allowed, even though I'm not sure why...*puzzled...

Should I eat crow on the matter of Herr Direktor? I was seriously gob-smacked to find that a Directorship has been created over at Chats Station for other than our own chief... Was he offered the position but had to decline as tis the Zone he desires to continue controlling above all else? Small wonder then that the murky air of gloom hung over the Meeting I walked in on, on Thursday.....

For the moment at least, I'm forced to eat my words and revert to the title of der Kommissar...*sighs... How long before the next promotions? Fingers crossed it will be Dodge City's turn to have a Director next time...*winks...
Hopefully the Whisperer will be able to smooth ruffled feathers and the Chief will be persuaded to close the floodgates he allowed to open in his rage... Crime here has reached alarming proportions over the past few months, and I for one have got the message loud and clear...*nods..

The cistern battled to fill again earlier, so I guess the water is still being run off higher up the road. How long before the Crooked officials insist on a crippling increase in water rates? They've been carefully laying the groundwork for some time, so I guess it's any day now? *sighs..

The sun isn't up yet, but the sky is clear as the robin calls to its mate.. Did you see the portrait of our new Police Commissioner (Head of the Scorpions) on the front page of Friday's Times? If not, may I recommend you make an effort to find it. I would dearly love to know your thoughts on this stunning picture, but will guess they're much the same as mine... Not a guy to mess with right? *waves to Jackie...

LATER at 7.10am..

La Petite Merde had himself a bit of fun when I went up ten minutes ago to unchain the gates...*grins.. As I got to the first terrace on my way up, he hit what the GW thinks is his Beemer's alarm...*laughing... Parked as it is this morning, at the top of their drive, I guess he's still flying from whatever he was smoking last night while out jolling! *cackles... Blow me down if he didn't hit the alarm again as I came back down...*roffels... At least he seems in a good mood for the moment, which is rare these days...

The GW was up early this morning and said the cistern flushed a muddy brown....*gags.. From the update pictures I've taken HERE it looks as if the water in the road was turned off ten minutes ago.... For my benefit? Don't bother.... *shrugs..

Peace...

---oOo---

Saturday 23rd May 2009 at 6.30pm.