Tuesday, May 19, 2009

CONTEMPT......

(begun Tuesday 19th May at 3.55am....)

The GameWrecker was sitting at the PC yesterday when he remarked that we'd acquired a new icon on the Desk Top since the tech had visited us last Friday. A Windows Authentification icon that said our Win XP Professional was invalid....*faints..
He was flummoxed, as he'd purchased WinXP Home legally through his office some years back and had certainly not changed to XP Professional... I called our ex-tech in Johannesburg who, although it was a long time back, agreed that it was highly unlikely he would have changed us to Professional due to our extreme tardism and besides, the licence was due to run out! *screams....

So I call the current tech who said he would come out sometime and check out the problem... At some point during his initial visit last week I remember clearly telling him that the GW doesn't do pirated versions of anything if he can help it, and I do find it very interesting that the tech hadn't said a word when he must surely have come across the unlicensed WIN XP Professional while working on our machine... but hey....*winks...

Are we now to be treated to these astonishing feats of magic i.e. the removal of Standard View in both our gmails accounts, which will then be hastily rectified just prior to the techs next visit? *curious..
Our PC is OWNED and it's my bet the Captain of Courage spends a great deal more time in it, than his job description calls for.... *shrugs... Was it my audible remark regarding the GW's dislike of running pirated programs that caused this sudden astonishing upgrade, only picked up three days later by the GW?

Does my Master still get the same level of perverted enjoyment as always, as he continues to manipulate such easy prey? *fascinated...

However cleverly the switch was made, tis just further proof of our Controller's inane behaviour...Bali is well aware of the GW's tendency to leave the PC switched on, despite that he generally remembers to disconnect the modem.... I would have to guess this still leaves it wide open to the Masterly One's attentions?

LATER 5.05am

I was admittedly totally unprepared for the surprising turnout at last night's CPF Meeting...*beams.. I care less which team he bats for, it was a pleasure to see the Captain's smiling face and the appearance of our long missing Ward Councillor was the cherry on the top! *waves to Aziz....
I'm guessing that several of the new faces popped in out of curiosity and won't return? *winks..

The Captain delivered his speech on the drug-related problems over at Sydenham Heights to a stoney-faced audience... Apparently SAPS have the situation in hand and though residents may continue reporting deals going down, they are to be careful not to rock the boat while SAPS wait to catch the Main Man....*collapses laughing...

I would venture to say that better results would be achieved by adopting the elderly members' suggestion to let the Community deal with the Drug pedlars....*grins... As it is, the residents have now been told they are to sit by and watch as their kids are sucked further into the world of drugs... The smiling Captain said that they may no longer use the methods preferred pre-1984 to nail criminals.... Not? I would argue that these methods are as much in use today as they ever were, but used rather more *coughs* judiciously...

Certainly never on the known Drug dealers at the three apartment blocks...*shrugs cynically....
Despite our Vice-Chair's empassioned endorsement of the Captains speech, I must suggest that her view of the situation would be vastly different were she to reside at Sydenham Heights herself..
Silence, and a depressing air of resigned scepticism followed the Captain's words.... *sighs...
It's the way of the world is it not? Barnabas will never give up his lucrative hold over the Zone, nor his cozy working relationship with Dodge City... By giving him and his colleagues such preference in the Information Theft Project, his powers are now upgraded to an astonishing degree...*standing ovation...

Not all the denials and excuses in the world would convince me that there is a genuine plan to take Earl Michael Barnabas down... Were he to choose to retire tomorrow, it would be HIS man that took over the reins...*looks at the Whisperer...

Barnabas is a hugely useful tool is he not? As is the Untouchable Herr Direktor and his Lackey? *grins.. My doubtless carefully edited words here will continue to be treated with the contempt they probably deserve as I thrash about blindly in my dying throes....*chokes... STFU and take it silently, as the Fowl King pulls the rug further and further from under my feet, until I fall headlong into the abyss and am silenced for good? *cackles..

I'm certainly not oblivious to the fact that right now I'm an inch off total insanity...*screams... Despite the constant and repetitive "you get what you deserve", "dis jou verdiende loon" and "you only have yourself to blame" that never leave me - do I regret taking on the Big Boys? I told you before, it beats the heck out of knitting jumpers for Somalian refugees...*grins...

LATER at 10.25am..

Read just now in Monday's Daily News of 18th May on page 3 - In response to Zilles accusations of a spy network in place to discredit her.... Garth Strachan of the ANC replies: "She's been reading too many spy novels. Setting up a network to do spying and information-gathering would be illegal and she should report any illegal activities to the police".... *hysterical laughter...

Admit it. You're as guilty as good old Garth trotting out the dismissive spy novels crap! *grins.. Missus Zille has already used the Information Theft Project for her own ends at some point. Is this why she's being so coy on the subject? Will her IT guy be better than the ShaikBoyz? Black Hat vs. White? *laughing again... I guess it's another win for the ruling party then....

LATER

Almost as I'd walked in after last night's Meeting, the GW told me we'd taken an almighty dip to our power system.... Not quite bad enough to take out the TV or the computer but it had startled him nonetheless... *grim...
What's it all about Bali? I've bitched for yonks that we're getting way less than the standard 220volts paid for. Just enough in fact to keep the power running and not falling down would be my guess..
The GW mentioned aloud recently that he'd noticed even the microwave was struggling.. Oddly enough this morning he said it appeared to be back to full strength today, and that maybe the huge dip last night had something to do with it? *keels over cackling... You've gotta love him hey... Even Missus C wisely gave the Insurance Assessor HIS name when the dude came calling earlier today, knowing that he generally sees only a fraction of what's going down...*grins...

He wasn't at my kids window watching Nobby wag his tail, nor with his impaired hearing did he catch the conversation up by Bali's gate or further down by the house...*chortles... If it had been me that answered the Assessors shouts earlier, I figure the most I would've done was show them how accessible those electric gates are... Fix them or raise the premiums? *shrugs...

LATER at 1.30pm

So I went up the top to see what the fuss was about. Another of No. 14's dogs out in the road...*sigh... Apart from that, there was once again a river pouring down the Crescent...*teeth... A new place, this time out of the pavement below Bernies at No. 17...HERE

I tried the numbers City Hall gave us on Sunday without success, though the Treasurer responded promptly after my two failed calls... Impressive, and yet I still treated the chap to a typical disjointed rant... Honey never worked with these bluebottles, so I poured on the vinegar instead poor dude....*shrugs..

Just a team of four have since arrived to dig up the pavement this time... It's really a shame the Officials can't be honest and say the break is entirely due to the ongoing work on the Information Theft Scheme.... As they dig, the Mothership is shining brightly down on Jan Smuts HERE and I've no doubt at all that row upon row of streetlights are active as well, throughout the city and suburbs...

Are you absolutely sure it's all going to be worth it? Really? I tried efnet again at midday only to get the usual total screenfreeze.... Bali is clearly still feeling very anxious...*grins... Did I not always say that if ever I solved the puzzle the repurcussions would be severe? *nods..

Peace julle...

---oOo---

Tuesday 19th May 2009 at 2.09pm.