Monday, May 18, 2009

BETTER THE DEVIL......

(begun Monday 18th May at 3.50am....)

As I sat here wondering what to share with you, Bali decided to activate the device just outside the window, and a disbelieving grin spread over my wrinkled face.... A more likely candidate for a squirt of Q20 you'll not find...*shrieks..

Will he insist on reading this, that it was truly one of god's little creatures and not of his doing? *hysterical.... You'll have seen by now how partial I am to labelling almost everything with the conspiracy theory tag? *cackles as it's shrieking ears rise to a crescendo...

I've already grumbled on about the date and time set for the Budget Allocation Meeting and the run-around we were subjected to.... Tenants from Sydenham Heights were to have the opportunity to raise the vital servitude matter that is currently causing misery and tension to so many of the residents ..(Ward 25 if you're remotely interested..)
We hung about outside the City Hall till nearly 10.00am for the advertised 9.00am meeting.. Councillor Christians arrived eventually and made a call, then told us that it had been rescheduled for 1.00pm! Bliksem se GAT!! But hey - maybe the church goers could now make it after all...*brightens...

Back later in good time to find the huge doors finally open and interested parties milling about... The Meeting eventually began at 3.00pm I kid you NOT! How many times have I read in the Press that Muni officials were disappointed by small turnouts? *mutters... Totally unsurprising if this is how your average meeting is run FFS.... *screams...

I and several other members in the audience fell sound asleep as the City Treasurer rattled on at lighting speed with his BBB spiel... Sutcliffe's cohort, and therefore entirely missable... *shrugs.. Our lot were finally given their chance to speak and I had to do another swift about-face.... The representative from Block B was articulate and emotive and had me sitting up in surprise.... *beams..
She said the Body Corporate would be blocking off all access to the Clinic this morning in an effort to get Officials to pay attention. A drastic step which is going to cause a whole lot of stress to the aged who stagger over there for medication on a Monday... But what to do? It's as if the request for a servitude has been deliberately stalled since the getgo so I s'pose this is the only means left to the tenants....*shrugs...

Man, naive as I am, I find it truly disgusting that heels are being dragged over finding funds to fix this nightmare of a problem when Councillors and Officials are pocketing thousands in rate-payers hard earned cash for doing effall!!! *spews...

LATER at 5.00am...

I guess I do some of my best/worst thinking during the twenty minutes on the Orbitrek... Among the people who stuck their hands in the air with questions, were only two that really interested me... One being from Sydenham Heights and the other....hmm.... Looking ridiculously young and clad in a burqa, she made an articulate plea to have trees in Curry Road removed. Her reason given was the possibility of broken branches damaging parked cars...
I had a word with her after the Meeting and said I could support her request were the trees found to be riddled with termites (the usual lie given by the Muni), but not if it were merely to promote the Line of Sight for the Muni's Wireless/Broadband Network system... Unsurprisingly, she said nothing....*winks..

May I suggest there are a good many ratepayers in Curry Road that would howl in protest were any of the fine established trees to be removed? May I also suggest how much more weight the Muni's argument will carry when they can say the request to fell the trees was made at a Public Budget Allocation Meeting and therefore any outrage voiced by Curry Road's tree-hugging community will be ignored...*shrieks....

Impressed as I was by our DA Shadow Councillor's attendance (albeit in disguise), he said not a word during the entire Meeting... His mere presence showed his support which was good enough for me...*beams... Whether that support was for the would-be tree feller or the Sydenham Heights residents is unknown... Maybe a bit of both? *winks...

He left the Meeting at such speed that it caused the Chief Whip (who is easily as sharp as her title suggests) to remark later on his disguise and the need for it...*falls over laughing...
Charming as he is, I have to think that he was well aware that the Meeting would in fact only take place at 3.00pm yesterday and not 9.00am or even 1.00pm as told us....*shrugs... Fingers crossed I'm wrong hey Alex? *winks..

One of a limited number of Councillors that actually earn their keep, he is a vital cog in the Munis Wireless/Broadband Network Project and yet for some strange reason I persist in putting him in the Camp of the Good...*baffled... An error of judgement I may live to regret? *waits...

LATER at 5.45am..

mon Capitano announces loudly with his double remote chirrup, that he is up and about, when in actual fact he's been lurking since I rose...*winks...
With one thing and another, I've not had the time to access MyBB to see if I'm to be treated to a repeat performance of the nonsensical Address Not Found...*shrugs... As long as that black Golf is parked out on the Masters verge, I guess there's a strong possibility that the inane show-off will continue his excessive attacks.... In his spliff-addled head he feels he really has something to prove, poor fellow....*chortles...

Can you imagine the fun his young acolytes will enjoy when back in their own homes and they practise these amazing skills taught them by the Fowl King on their neighbours in turn?
Why would you think your neighbourhood is Monitor free? Seriously? You're just way too tech-savvy to be bothered by the thought? *chokes laughing..
When your flat-screen TV is surged and cooked to a crisp, or your phones all go on the blink as water runs down the road regularly from a nearby property, on the pretext of washing cars, may I suggest you carry on sleeping on your feet? What began here in the Zone in 2004 will, if it hasn't already, reach and engulf you whether you like it or not...*grins..
May innocents like antowan who seem to see the monitoring as a good thing, never be given cause to change their tune....

After pretty much forcing me out of mybroadband the night before last, the Dopehead then graciously allowed me to access the broadbandlounge.co.za... In my techno ignorance it will take me years to figure out how to navigate the site comfortably and despite the tempting array of smileys, I'm happier in amongst the BeegBoyz at mybroadband for the moment...*sighs..
Tis truly a case of Better the Devil you Know.....

How I enjoyed the hugs and kisses and even the prayers I was given by the community yesterday... That despite the mistakes I make due to my own sheer stupidity, and the fact that not one among you is brave enough to challenge the relentless attacks I face daily from the laughably named Captain of Courage, I feel encouraged to continue my Crumbly Crusade...*cackles...

Whether Herr Direktor ultimately rises in the ranks at Dodge City or not, won't change my situation in the slightest way.... Captain COD and his utter lack of self-control are mine for Life...*grins... He has predictably binned the proffered olive-branch in his ongoing efforts to regain his loss of face... It ain't gonna happen dude! Every smack you give me stamps you further as Corrupt, despite your best efforts to prove me a Liar....*cackles.. Sure you can shut me out of trivia easily, and now you block me from my broadband? The power is all yours after all.... But if I've managed to persuade just ONE of the so-called Intellectuals whose opinion you value, to look upon you in a new light (!), then my job is done...

Peace...

---oOo---

Tuesday 19th May 2009 at 7.18am..