Wednesday, March 18, 2009

RIPLEY'S.........

(begun Tuesday 17th March at 8.05am.....)

In reply to the question I asked at our CPF Meeting last night, the Community Award winner and Chosen from Sydenham Manor casually said that the orange canisters being dropped into our water lines were to monitor leaks.... Are these innovative devices necessary just since the cabling has been run through the water pipes? In all of my 63+ years I've not seen such a thing happen before.... If a legitimate exercise, why were the two gentlemen using a rental bakkie, and the Water Dept. lorry following them, sans a Muni logo apart from the water graphic along it's side?

I don't find the ongoing attempts at stealth and subterfuge reassuring in any way...*snorts... If the Project were even remotely connected to something good for the country, it would be a different story.... It isn't, and if you haven't grasped that by now you may as well go back to bed....*shrugs..

Our Chair requested last night that the matter of M's shooting last October be dropped from the Minutes and that private discussions take place instead. Why? The startled expressions on several members faces said it all...
It was also announced that a docket number for the case had finally been issued, but remarkably not yet given to the victim who requires it.... *fascinating....

I'm admittedly happy to hear that the Architect bears no outward grudge towards our CPF after the (coughs) mainly telephonic fiasco a few months ago. However, were I to lie on his very doorstep mortally wounded and screaming for assistance, it's unlikely he would hear me...*grins... Course, he may yet prove me wrong....

Listening to Members reports last night, it appears as if our almost astonishingly low crime in the area is back on the skids.... Don't bother looking at the official stats for a true picture of what's going on...*grins...
Slow as I am, I insist that I could have learned to open dockets and take statements, and would have been honoured to give up a couple of evenings a week to help out in the Charge Office...
This would've been so completely at odds with the picture the Molester and his Golden Tool have painted for you, that it was never a viable option...*grim...

It now appears that the countrywide fudged statistics are due to a singular lack of desire to do paperwork and little more.... Understandable IMO when you are expected to wield a firearm in defence of the Public and then to do deskwork as well.... Actionman one minute and Dick Paperwork the next is a tall order when you are earning peanuts..... Consideration should be given to rotating shifts of female civilians to handle statements and docket numbers... Why? Because we're better at it? *shrugs..

LATER 8.35pm

Not a twinge as I sat reading the Forum earlier... How long after Captain Courageous arrived home did I start the dull earache, toothache and burning throat? Not to mention the gritty eyes? *curious..
See, the odd part is that it was all just on my right side....*cackles.... How can you not be intrigued by the skillz my Master now has available and uses with such obvious enjoyment? Forget about assuming I'm a hypchondriac....Up until 2005 I've been as strong as the proverbial ox *grins.... Since then I can't say I've been ill, but rather prey to the weirdest of symptoms imaginable..... Fortunately, weird enough to interest me as opposed to terrifying me...*nods...

Whether these deliberate 'extras' the Lout of my Life sends my way would have such a startling effect had I not been nailed as I sat outside in 2005, I couldn't rightly say...*fascinated...
The GameWrecker seems impervious, and of course he was still working back then and away from home for the better part of each day....*shrugs..

Things certainly aint what they used to be.... There seem so few articulate posters left on mybroadband and it appears the Off Topic section resembles a creche...*cackles.... Was I not supposed to notice ic's absence? *sighs.... Mila and her Neighbours from Hell thread may as well have warbled Dixie throughout... Contrived and theatrical one questions the very point of the post....*shrugs.... Her main adversary's replies were just as silly IMO, but geez it's not like I'm in a position to judge when you consider that the posters are all probably around fourteen years old! *lawls...

The thread on Schabir's release has sunk to being kept alive by a string of inanities... and these are youngsters with IT skills and supposedly brains...*puzzled... Why then do they not do the research they're capable of and find the Shaikboyz links to the rotten Town Clerk and the Muni Network Project? Just kidding! If I find the contractors involved are going to extraordinary lengths to remain undercover, you can bet the Crooked City Manager would've kept his personal communications with the Shaiks to a minimum.... *gags...

Anyone know where Earl Michael Barnabas lives these days? Still in the Zone or somewhere like say, Greenwood Park? I've absolutely no idea but can guarantee that wherever it is, it will stand out from it's neighbours like a beacon in the night *laughing...

Schabir is a nice man? Hell, he's pleasant enough to look at, but if I judge him by his employees (and of course I do), nice is not the word I would use to describe him at all...*cackles... The company he keeps is seriously dodgy when you consider the Town Clerk himself and the likes of Barnabas and Koobair the Squat, and thats just here in KZN FFS! *grins...
Ah well, it won't be long till he's swanning about with the creme de la creme of society and you're all tugging your forelocks obsequiously before him....*roffels.... He and his boeties will have easy access to your private life, should he be remotely interested and you would do well to bear it in mind....

Would I not kill to know Jannie's true thoughts on the Shaiks resumed rise to power. Do he and Pieter and Andre and all the other old-school dudes spend hours on the greens in comparative safety, discussing what they really think? Or do they already begin to distrust even each other?
Guys like voda3g will certainly have bug-free homes, but knowing as much as they do will bring it's own set of risks....*shrugs...
Putting so much power into the hands of criminals is like, mind-blowing unless, unless there is an even more complicated plan devised by these erm, old-school (insert the clan of your choice here)? *sighs....
Ok, my head hurts and I'm off to bed..... gnite...

WEDNESDAY 18TH MARCH AT 4.05am....

The silence in the valley right now is surreal...*grins... Not even the faintest of Wireless Songs in the background or pseudo-crickets nearby, never mind the real deal.....
It was still overcast and wet last night, which I allow has long tended to increase the strange sensations I feel on odd occasions.... It's still overcast out this morning and I can see no gaps in the cloudcover but.... all the discomforts of yesterday evening have vanished... Hau! *laughing...

My Network Admin is clearly having a lie-in and will literally get back to me? (or is that AT me?) *cackles.... Last nights troublesome right ear feels strangely deaf and there's a mild shriek in my left, but my broken hands and wrists say nothing at all...

I smile to think that if I'm so fascinated by these startling symptoms my Master appears capable of giving me, what will I make of it when the genuine ailments associated with age kick in!! *shrieks.... Will I look accusingly at Bali as my lungs collapse and every bone in my body screams in protest? As I'm gobbled up by Millie and her sisters? *roffels... Quite possibly.... *coughs endlessly....

I sit here and wait in vain for the familiar wave of heat to envelop me in my corner, and for the sound of my Masters pseudo-crickets to wake... Hmm.. I told the GameWrecker aloud yesterday that I would be using the Orbitrek later than my usual 4.30am stint... Could this be the simple reason for the singular lack of my Masters presence at 4.25am? *beams..
I've two jerseys on and my warm slippers as well... Remarkable it is that the room remains so cool and I'm not forced to shed the extra layers and switch on the fan for a change...*cackles..

The sceptics may believe what they wish.... They may continue to hoot and sneer at my claims... Tis their perogative...
voda3g knows I speak the truth however incoherently...*shrugs.... I see you've all nodded off and I can't blame you under the circumstances....*laughing...

LATER 5.05am

The bedroom cricket gave a couple of involuntary buzzes as I stepped out onto the verandah and then fell silent.... I did my 20 minutes astonishingly without breaking sweat *curtseys to her Master... He is awake but busy elsewhere? *shrugs...

LATER 5.45am

Spotty down at No. 2 has been noisily sounding the alarm for some time... The Terrible Twins joined in with glee, and when I went out in the early morning gloom to fill the bird tray at 5.35am, I was in time to see a dark figure walking briskly along next to the stormwater drain at the bottom of the valley towards Jan Smuts... On his shoulder he hefted what looked like a small microwave oven, but must have been a deal heavier.... I coughed loudly but he didn't break his pace....

Someone collecting their stashed goods before daylight? A bushdweller in all the wet? Hmm.. Is this his first trip out of the bush this morning or has he been walking back and forth carrying a different load each time? Is there a vehicle parked nearby to Khaled's being loaded up...*interesting...

Have a great day.... Peace....

---oOo---

Wednesday 18th March 2009 at 11.24am.