Thursday, December 04, 2008

DEVIL WOMAN..........?
(begun Tuesday 2nd December at 4.10am....)
Apparently it's becoming commonplace for Stations to dumb down their statistics.... The matter came under discussion during one of our more recent patrols. Smiley Murugen had headed up M's statement as Attempted Murder if you recall, and yet it was swiftly changed to Assault at a later stage.....*curious..
A similar thing happened even more recently, when a friend of our CPF Chair was viciously attacked down at Jimmy Carter and the case was given Assault status, when quite clearly it had been attempted murder. To what end do these alterations benefit a station? *puzzled...
Is it common practise by Station heads or a directive from Government? Director Mbele?
The matter seems so insignificant that I would have forgotten our patrol conversation were it not brought up in a thread on myadsl, read last night.
Later 4.55am.
el Molto Revolto ensures there is seldom a dull moment in my life... *beams... The horizon behind the gum trees was just starting to turn a deep salmon pink as I sat down on the verandah. Within a minute mon Capitano hit his audio Sounds of Nature key and the demented Christmas Beetles kicked in across the way....*roffles... It's as though he searches for a frequency that eludes him as it rises and falls, quite unlike any living creature I've ever come across....*laughing...
By the time I'd finished my twenty minutes 'walk', Bali had tired of that particular game and turned it off straight away...*grins... Plank that I am, I can't begin to fathom what his objective could possibly be...*baffled..
Turns out there's this staunch older lady over at Sydenham Heights who has a really good view of the Parking lot, and most of what's happening down below her. She's in touch with another of the residents and reports faithfully on the dramas big and small that take place.
IMO a treasure, and will hopefully be regarded as a valuable source of information by der Kommissar...*beams....
If he were to let it be known she was under His protection, I guess it would move the dealers and thugs to a different area quite swiftly? *sighs... Or not....
The brutal and bloody beating administered deliberately for all to see at Block B's parking lot this week, could have been diffused smartly with a fire-hose. The thought of the scum being tossed around the lot under a stream of high pressure water is rather delightful... Wishful thinking again alas, as at the merest whiff of a cop they would have disappeared like the cowards they are....*shrugs...
Wednesday 3 December 4.00am
I'm happy to say my Chair was grim and tightlipped last night, on the latest developments in the Shaik saga. He would give nothing away except to say that the matter had come up in a televised parliamentary sitting, which naturally, we'd all missed...*cackles.... ke sera sera..... So no, nobody in our Patrol is particularly interested in whether Schabir walks or sits and we moved smartly on to discuss our upcoming Social this Friday...*beams and waves to Menaaz....
I marvelled at the huge SE's that now fill the landscape as we dutifully drove through the Zone on patrol. The lights that now beam out from the Waterworks at Reservoir Hills have to be seen to be appreciated....*grins... Tis as I said, little wonder the power is cut so frequently as energy savers or not, this Project is gobbling up electricity by the bucket load....*shrugs..
Thursday 4th December at 3.45pm
We're back off up to the midlands this morning. Typically, I prefer my normal Thursday routine, but the kid needs something delivered so I ride shotgun in an effort to keep the GameWrecker from nodding off at the wheel on the way...*grins...
Silly, when you think I can barely keep my own eyes open these days...*laughing... I dozed off again last night, sitting in His office at the Motherbody Meeting on the Hill, and came to only to find she'd asked me a question. Horrors! *roffels... A meeting made worthwhile if only for genuinely kind greeting I was given beforehand.
At 63, my old lady was a dynamo of energy and seldom slowed down, so I guess I must be a throwback of sorts...*grins...
The Captain of Enormous Courage certainly deserves a Merit badge for Good Behaviour.
He made the hairdryer cut out just once yesterday morning as I used it. I only run it on the cooler setting as I've said before, so I guess it's a neat little trick, despite that it leaves me unimpressed...*shrugs.
I'm relieved to say that he still infests this little house fully....*grins...A quiet chat with the GameWrecker will generally increase the pressure in my ears on the turn, as the Massa cranks up the system to hang on to my every word....*laughing... Hopefully you don't buy his tales to the contrary....
Practically every other house here in the Zone is now so festooned with SE's he can reach me easily from almost any point....*cackles...
Apart from an unhealthy and bizarre obsession, I can't really see why he bothers...*grins... I've solved the answer to the riddle of Neighbour set to spy on Neighbour and it's made no difference at all to anything or anyone.... So why the continued surveillance? *grins knowingly....
Does the poor sad sod still struggle to keep the Toady Show alive after all this time? *rolls it's eyes.... If, like last night, I've something to tell the GameWrecker that I don't wish to share with el Maestro, I bring out the pad and pen and do it that way...*grins..
I'ts called a workaround o Lout of my Life, and as the GameWrecker gets used to it, it's proving quite effective....*beams..
My eyes watered involuntarily as we drove up the Crescent last night, on the way to the Station. The array of SE's obligingly activated on No. 60's property were stunning! *falls over laughing... I swear the Chosen now vie with each other to fill every possible gap on their outside walls with these beauties.... *lawls.... Idiots indeed!
While unknown to them, such as the Brother-in-Law at no. 6 Garbutt Road will be ferreting in every system up that way, learning at the feet of el Maestro how to enable the speakerphone option at will...*grins...
Later 5.10am
el Molto Revolto activated his bandsaw/Christmas Beetles across the way again, just as I headed out the front to walk. A few false starts and it settled down to run till I went back inside, when it was promptly deactivated. Whatever floats his sick boat right? *cackles...
How's this for crazy? We drove down Loon Road on Tuesday night (on a CPF Patrol) and pulled in to the cemetary at the bottom. The view from there, reveals the Foreman Road Squatter camp just a few 100 meters away, in all it's makeshift misery.
Out of that dark huddle of shacks shone several sodium based SE's! *falls over... I kid you NOT!
One quite decent sized glowing orange light, with two or three other shacks showing similar, though smaller versions. In each case, these lights were running from INSIDE the dwellings and as steady as a rock, so definitely not some weird candlelight at all....
This end of the Informal Settlement is surely not connected to any power source, so it's a mystery how they are so obligingly running these signal enhancers from the hill...*makes a note to ask someone who will know....
Later
The smiling weasel scrabbled desperately to regain lost ground at Budget Photo earlier this week....Oomie over at Chats SAP not pleased to hear of his smiles? *roffels...
As long as the tech genuinely finds my blog to be rubbish (and he does), he is safe. *sticks a FAIL badge on Dev's low brow, cackling all the while...
While in #trivia earlier, up pops a window saying Comodo has updates ready. A first for me, so I ignore it and it goes away, leaving a red outline round the icon on the bottom task bar. Before I shut down some twenty minutes later, even the red had gone...
The GameWrecker dutifully went hunting for the so-called updates a while later to no avail.... *grins..
Having fun o Restless One? *falls over....
Peace..
---oOo---
Thursday 4th December 2008 at 7.19pm