Thursday, October 30, 2008

THE CALL OF THE WILD......
(begun Wednesday 29th October at 4.00am...)
I figure there must be a tangible if miniscule transmitter involved.... Nothing that I could ever see fosho.... The exact same bird, with the exact same notes, at the exact same time of day? *keels over laughing....
It's not unpleasant at all, and good as the equivalent of my Controller actually saying howzit to me as I sit here at the desk...*roffels...
As I said before, it wouldn't have been a problem to dot the things about in strategic places, and then to run various sounds of the night/day to amuse himself....*cackles..
You simply don't see the point and therefore it adds to your conviction that I'm deranged right? Perfect! *falls over...
I guess each time I remark on this phenomenon, Captain Courageous gets more mileage out of it? After all, there can't be many of you with a genuine interest in the local wildlife...*grins..
I'm going to stick to my guns here (*winks at Captain Lazarus..) and say that the resident hadedas actually 'feel' the change in the air as mon Capitano cranks up the system...
There is simply no other explanation for their startled and raucous reasction in the dark of the morning....*shrugs..
I published yesterday's blog around 7.00am yesterday. Within thirty minutes I had a call from Sean Findlay! He'd called to apologise for not pitching at Monday's CPF Meeting...*grins.. Whether by accident or design, it was a fairly startling moment.... He had apparently only just checked his messages and found my reminder.... Right.
Just before signing off, I asked him how Carol was, and he replied without hesitation that she's had some problems with her water.... That'll happen with the cabling I'd replied laughing.....
When we arrived up at the Station last night, the first person we saw was young Captain Lazarus who bounced swiftly by calling out to us gaily....*roffels... Being hyped to the max at the end of a long, hard day is a remarkable feat, and I must ask him whether it is natural adrenalin that fuels his enthusiasm or a supplement (which I badly need!)...*grins...
We went into the Charge Office to get the required OB Number for our CPF Patrol and the officer on duty was amused that I'd once again forgotten that OB stands for Occurrence Book. If his head was microwaved on high on a regular basis, it's a given he's also be dof....*laughing..
We came across Malcolm Solomons bakkie again last night. This time pulled into a property in Michan Road....*startled... Business is clearly booming....
I actually paid attention and discovered that the double-story house across from M is indeed a very nice church when viewed head-on from Capell Road..*impressed....
Thursday 30th October at 4.00am...
My kid is back from foreign lands and we spent the morning tossing money at tills.... She is a fairly vociferous non-believer in the Project and most especially, in my Master's constant presence in our home....*smiles..
In fact, she considers that Nadine of the Reservoir Hills CPF probably misunderstood my questions regarding the Snooping Scheme when she replied in the affirmative and said her husband had managed to access their neighbour's adsl...*roffels...
The kid deserves a free hair assessment for that alone!
My occasional inadvertent remarks made aloud to the Chicken King, clearly unnerve her, and she fails to see that the Quality time I've spent over the last five odd years with el Pollo de Grande is a habit that's hard to break....
I flew into the Station to deliver the register to Navi after shopping yesterday.
She remarked on the shooting and was astonished when I said I'd been standing alongside M at the time...*winks.... der Kommissar is a busy man and clearly felt it not sufficiently newsworthy to divulge? *falls over...
Captain Lazarus had emerged swiftly as I entered the SAPS compound, and had crossed my path, greeting me by name though no smile was given....*laughs.... His judgement call that I was too old to be of any assistance in volunteering to help at the Station was quite probably not the only factor that decided him...*cackles..
Later
As a beachcomber criss-crosses the sands at low tide with his metal detector, so too would I like to clamber about the steep bank above the valley floor.... A metal detector would be ideal for the job ja... I blogged ages ago of my lucky sighting as a guy emerged at the top of the bank above the Drugboyz Den at twilight... How I'd guessed he was adjusting mon Capitano's Bird/Insect call transmittors?
I kid you NOT! *laughing... Days prior, I'd watched briefly as two youngsters of about 9 or 10 years old had scrambled about the rocks behind the trees and bushes on a mission of their own... Or so I'd thought..... At the time I'd marvelled at their skills of mimicry.... Wherever they went, an oriole followed them, and despite their youth, I had thought them to be setting snares to trap wild birds....
With hindsight, (a wondrous thing), my Snake-oil Salesman would've been testing the transmittors they carried to strategically dot about in the undergrowth...*falls over cackling...
It's unnervingly quiet this morning. On this damp and humid day the Lout of my Life has wisely held back on the Canary track...*grins.. Some kind soul has finally convinced him that these particular birds and insects (whose sounds he predictably abuses) move about, and would certainly not maintain the identical position for weeks on end...*roffels...
As with the efforts by the Rotten Apples put into the Mock-suicide production, Bali hasn't stinted in his efforts to amuse... The thought that his field wekkers have been in my garden, while the Master carefully listens to our snores, doesn't worry me one bit...
I have his measure and find it lame to a degree....*nods... With so many different birds arriving here in the valley in spring, his choice of the canary repeated ad nauseum was an indication of poor research....*cackles..
The weavers that nest below in the fever tree may have been a better option. The sunbird hmmm... nope, that wouldn't do at 3.30am of a dark morning....
The little violinist grasshopper that I miraculously found, certainly wouldn't camp and call so noisily from the exact spot for weeks on end.... So it's back to the drawing board for el Pollo de Grande then....To while away the hours in between snooping on unwary residents, including the Projects own Invitees.....*falls over...
*teaching students to hack is akin to teaching Police students how drug dealers operate or soldiers about the techniques used by terrorists* This from an article in the M & G entitled Ethical Hacking Course....October 24th 2008.
Is that right? Is this how Captain Courageous touts his ongoing lessons to so many in the neighbourhood and beyond? *falls over... Does this explain why so many of the Good are being converted en masse to aid the Druglords and Corrupt in Government?
As each resident peers over his neighbours shoulder, feeding back private information to their Street Controller, the Network of Information-gathering grows.... It's unsettling to a degree that you don't appear concerned by the implications.... Clearly this is why YOU are the Genius and I am the Tard.
Friday 31st October at 5.20am....
The shooting at Siripat Field was in fact run with almost military precision...*grins.. I've pulled out the couple of pictures I managed to take before Captain Lazarus swiftly intervened and unfortunately blocked the angle I was so interested in.... *winks..
Why the two traffic cones placed under the trees next to the stall? To ensure a clear LOS for the sniper? The pictures taken from the subsequent articles in the Press show very few stalls were erected, and I'm betting there were none at all on the road side of the field....*cackles..
What a mess it would have been were TWO visitors to have been shot!
I guess if I'd had time to pan the camera just a fraction more to my right, I would've nailed the snipers position exactly... Yes? He had to have been stationed at a higher point to where we were standing..*shrugs... Did he trot back over the little hill and carry on practising innocently at the Shooting Range directly afterwards? *winks.... Perfect cover for the .22 rifle not so?
Were the Gareebs astonished by the overwhelming support given their Fun Day by Sydenham SAPS? *grins... After their so carefully engineered ousting as heads of the CPF Motherbody they felt sufficiently injured to refuse to participate in the elections and yet fences were certainly mended on that Saturday....*beams...
Peace...
---oOo---
Friday 31st October 2008 at 6.56am...