Friday, September 26, 2008

MERCY.................
(begun Friday 26th September at 3.45am....)
My inner-ears literally vibrated to the weird mixture of sounds (mostly synthetic) in the valley this morning...
My Master has visited one too many dodgy Korean Sounds of the Night/Nature sites! *collapses...
Who does he test them on before unleashing them here in the valley? *roffels..
I can't really describe this morning's offering as it's just so strange.... When I first unlocked the front door, I could distinguish a group of toads chorusing from over up by the Recreation Centre/Playing Field.... That in itself was odd enough..
This is however, now completely over-ridden by what must be a weird new Wireless Song cranked to the max.... There is truly never a dull moment here in the valley!
Did the blurb on this down-loadable cacophony read that "after rain, these creatures can be heard carolling out their song of Joy"? *falls over laughing.... Back to the drawing board plonker...
I'm still trying to figure out how the removal of this tiny gold-coloured lock, from the gate mechanism next door, has for the moment stopped the nonsense with our lighting system and TV....
Interesting it was to find yesterday afternoon, that Nellie from Overport Telkom had done little more than climb her ladder up the bedroom telephone pole in the valley, and get down again.... She had muttered something about her tester battery being flat...*laughing...
The sagging cable that had appeared to have been tightened, had by late afternoon fallen down, and was hanging even lower than before...*grins..
May I guess here? That she climbed the ladder, but that when she clipped her tester to the line, nothing happened? That she pulled the sagging cable as taut as she could and merely looped it over something on the pole? By the end of the job she said she had mislaid her little 'job book' and we both searched for it to no avail....*laughing..
I guess that at some point she called, or was called by her Supervisor and Overport told her the line was fixed period. A hau/haikona moment for her, but when she insisted we check (I'd already unplugged the shockingly badly behaved set), voila! There was the line reinstated sans interference!
So what we have now, is a perfectly clear line, despite that the cable to the house now sags even lower than ever before... More conclusive proof that the shocking interference over the last few days was totally 'managed' by our Controller....
Whether Nellie was supposed to mention that the rehung Wireless box, despite no longer having a back panel, is once again active, (it's inner workings having carefully been wrapped in protective plastic), is anyone's guess... I shall take it gratefully as a bonus...*shrieks...
Setting aside my Master's vow to make my internet experience a disaster for the rest of my days, do you seriously consider his control over the electrical circuit a natural part of vengeance and repayment for my unwittingly landing him in the dwang with mweb? Seriously? It didn't occur to you that this is totally illegal, criminal in fact, as you were way too busy being awed and impressed by his Cracker skills?
You will pardon me for thinking you look more like me every day... come join me here on the Cretins Bench why don't you? *falls over..
Did he gaily say that this was a part of his newly bestowed Powers and that he may pretty much now do as he pleases, being answerable Only to der Kommissar? And do as he please he most certainly does! *vomits..
Later
Apart from the Master's version of the Sounds of the Night, it has been a fairly unremarkable pre-dawn start to the day...
Someone in trivia, rather brighter than the rest, has finally noticed that courtesy begets courtesy...*beams..
That I no longer find it necessary to inflict my irritating tardishness on the players for hours on end.... That it is the bad behaviour of my screen, the derisive barbs, and the sometimes ludicrously pointed trivia questions that cause me to stubbornly dig in my old, wrinkled heels and decline to move on....*laughing..
To those that so blatantly sit on their hands and gasp theatrically at my rare answers? If you really loved the game you would find this distasteful in the extreme....*shrugs... A wireless user as slow and witless as myself is happy to sit and watch the screen fly by at the correct speed, simply because I LOVE trivia...*cackles..
Eh - but you knew this of course... Tis after all, your vociferous support and encouragement given unstintingly, to a pair of less than honest compadres, merely because they are IT savvy,(understatement alert), that has opened this Pandora's box.... Ensuring that for as long as I am able, I will enter the hallowed grounds of trivia, efnet, and remind you that even morons can sometimes make a stand....*grins..
If my continued presence causes any Good law enforcement officers to sit up and dig deeply into the Heroic Pair's Real lives and Connections, all to the good...
Do not cut off your noses on my account... It demeans you....*shrugs...
Later
A neat little blue and white cessna type plane flew quietly overhead and circled back towards the Freeway at 10.20am. The colours of Airwing.
I see our Councillor is still in residence up at No. 84 Harris Crescent, despite that the property was advertised as being up for Public Auction very recently.
You remember I said how weird it was to be having all this work done IN the roof by this large team of wekkers, only to lose the property under the hammer? I guess Repeaters were going in the roof for a magic connective experience? *laughing..
I nipped up at 8.00am to unchain the top gate, in time to see a flurry of activity next door at Chicken Castle... This shiny silver 4 x 4 pulled off smartly down to the stop street, and then Kitt iii reversed out and followed..... Mr. Grumpy himself then drove out in the pretty Beemer, and actually waited for the gates to close properly before heading off UP to.......? The Station? *applauds...
I'd sent Missus C a text reminder earlier that I still had their spare NEW gate remote but got no response.... *sighs..
His little daughters have been home and left again on some holiday outing.
Another SAPS chopper over at 11.50am but not ours... Twas the Michaelmas school holidays that prompted Missus C to insist Lord Foul get his priorities right and sort out the gates for the moment?
When did two thirds of the fever tree topple over down into the valley? Not a sound I could've missed had I been home....hmmm...
The gale force winds you say? *chokes.. These are young trees with no reason to fall... Further Assisted Destruction fosho, when you consider it's position between St. Theresa's, Michan Road and across down to Khaled's at No. 2 and the Maestro himself...
I must check with Frank the Nursery whether fever trees are prone to collapse at such a tender age...*winks..
Everything I have so far guessed at, is coming to pass... The lines are humming with secrets, and careers are being made or destroyed from the information obtained so clandestinely.... Let's PARTAAY folks!!!
Peace julle...
---oOo---
Friday 26th September 2008 at 2.10pm.