Monday, September 08, 2008

A HONEYED VOICE.....
(begun Sunday 7th September at 3.50am....)
Staunch little Cola is doing noisy Border Patrol...*grins... The distant thunder of the roadworks over at Brickfield carries clearly on this dark morning...
We were watching a movie last night when Kitt iii's alarm went off,and I said to the GameWrecker the Marvelettes must be home... Sure enough their remote then chirruped..... *cackles...
By the way, Kitt iii has been parked at the top of el Capon de Grand's drive the entire weekend.... It would have only required Bali to drive past it down the Crescent, to set off it's alarm in the early hours of yesterday morning.... *grins...
A most helpful little vehicle it's been on several occasions in the past....
It occurs to me at last, that the Lout of my Life might be hoping to remove the beautiful fully-grown tree that grows so handily up against his front deck in the valley? It would certainly do wonders for Khaled's DLOS if not mon Capitano's own? *winks..
Are the three sets of unwanted visitors in almost as many months, a rather complicated effort at justifying the tree's removal? *shrugs....
*Another loud sound from the front of my Master's property yet none of his dogs respond...*
Missus C must surely be privy to this particular ongoing piece of theatre..? *curious...
Newton's droog showed that it took less than a minute to scale the tree and access Bali's property and yet nothing has been said or done...*beams..
Will the Tree Fellas be in soon? Watch this space....
There are of course always alternatives to someone with his contacts.... Wrapping razor-wire around the trunk or spikes even, to deter climbers would be my choice... Somehow I don't think Bali will settle for anything less than it's total destruction....*smiles...
der Kommissar's Special Friend would prefer if his unfortunate neighbours themselves requested it's removal no doubt? *grins... Neat....
*Nobby says nothing as little Cola continues to insist there is a problem...*
Later:
Penny rang my bell and held out the DVD of The Bucket List...*startled...
I said to her to thank Missus C but that we had already hired and watched it last night....
We had spoken some days ago on the phone, and I'd mentioned I'd like to see it, so a very kind gesture it was and no way she could possibly have known we had seen it already.....*winks....
This morning I was checking my sms inbox only to find she had sent me an sms about the movie yesterday afternoon! Typically I missed it....*glum..
I am obliged to say that the Sweeper has an eye for detail in this Game that leaves her Lord Cluck standing in the shade! *falls over.....
Of late, FlipSleezy's nick has taken to bobbing up when I am in trivia.... It keeps a close watch on it's fanboyz and its OWNED toad fosho....*amused...
Has the bombardment of wireless waves damaged the hearing of Bali's unfortunate beasts? Is there any way of testing this? The screaming in my own ears has lessened over the last few days to the point that I am a tad freaked out... It's certainly still there, but just an unobtrusive non-stop and highpitched whine....*curious...
Were the two lads sent on to Bali's property yesterday, told to make enough noise to alert the old woman and her chubby dog? They certainly tried to get my attention for some time before I finally decided enough was enough and got up off my butt....*cackles..
The big giveaway surrounding this obviously arranged visit, would be the sudden miraculous locking of the 'broke' electric gates..... What a let-down when I didn't mention these latest intruders to Missus C on either of her two calls...*falls over cackling....
Frankly it is now such a common occurrence I didn't think it worth the telling, though she so kindly offered me the opportunity twice.... *winks at Missus C....
Now Tuesday 9th September at 2.30am...
One of the many pleasures of being old is that if you wake up at an odd hour, you can get up...*grins.. I woke at about 1.52am to find the electric clock flashing. The GameWrecker reared up to say there had been a powercut sometime after we had gone to bed and that it had just come back on....
Muchos busyness then my Master? *laughing....
The highlight yesterday would have to have been these three chaps working industriously down at the stopstreet manhole....
The GameWrecker had assumed them to be Neotel droogs, but on closer inspection this large fellow turned out to be the same porker whose cheesy smile slid so quickly off his face when I greeted them with "and you're BizAfrika" to the little guy with them..... The big dude had hastily said they were with the Roads Department (WTF?) and stalked off up the Crescent while little Mr. BizAfrika has smiled politely and greeted me at my recognition.....*roffels...
The Siemens red-herring could hardly contain his mirth..... my guess is that he was Telkom and not Siemens at all.... *takes a deep breath....
Most interesting then, to see this 'Roads Dept' official standing patiently unravelling yards and yards of cabling from the manhole...*lawls....
As there cannot be two gentlemen with the same oddly patterned and unfortunate hair-loss, they are most definitely one and the same person....*beams..
Why on earth the blatant lie? Why was this elderly Muni Engineer involved? Clearly he is a boffin in his field...*fascinated...
Is it my imagination or does vodacom3g visit this humble blog regularly? *waves wildly on the offchance....
The current threads on the Forum on organising MBB Meets have him unsurprisingly attending the one down in Capetown....
But I now see he is suggesting that he will attend the Johannesburg Meet as well! *rolls it's eyes....
More recruitment and damage control Mistuh Telkom? More persuasive charm to convert even the most hardened anti-Telkom member to your cause? *smiles... Afrikaans? Just the very smallest occasional slip made I grant you but......*winks...
How neatly he posted that any negative remarks directed at him are dealt with by other forumites springing to his defence.... Successfully implying that he is most definitely a Good Guy and very much at home on myadsl.co.za...*lawls...
With such talents in the Beast's employ, tis no wonder I am revealed time and again to be an inarticulate gibbering idiot.....
May I guess at this point that vodacom3g backs and endorses the crooked behaviour of my very own Captain of Immense Courage, unequivocally?
That it has been voda3g himself, who on many occasions when I have raised doubts about my Controller's character and behaviour, who has poured oil on troubled waters and reminded the doubters of my utter stupidity? *winks...
He will of course have taken great care to appear unbiased, and will have agreed that there does seem to be a certain amount of deliberate victimization *shrieks at a certain amount.....
Could it be voda3g that has finally persuaded el Maestro de Pollo that less is best? *curious... Does voda3g frequent the irc channels? Fosho he does....*beams... A finger in many pies he has indeed....
To those few who can and do still think for themselves - I would suggest that having a thick woolly coat does not necessarily mean it's a sheep FFS....*falls over laughing...
In fact, I would go so far as to say voda3g is the Beast's Top of the Range, full-time, Damage Controller and Recruitment Officer....*winks...
If indeed this is so, it once again indicates that despite being articulate and technologically savvy, there are a great many MUGS out there...*snorts..
When all is said and done, I cannot help but be impressed...*bows to the Great voda3g....
I'm oddly relieved to find that the screaming in my ears returned at midday yesterday, to stay.... It had been disturbingly quiet up to that point..*baffled...
Little Pepsi's anxious squeaks and cries have subsided at last... What was happening earlier down at Khaled's that upset her so? I've not seen Spotty for weeks? *looks at Dilshaad....
A mist came through the valley an hour ago, but kept going and has cleared.... Assorted crickets, both real and Korean chirp merrily in the dark....*grins...
Later:
As I sat, surrounded comfortably by my four-footed family on the verandah, my valley spotlight gave a mighty dip..... I was looking out of the bedroom window after 2.00am and remarked to the GameWrecker that the lights had just dipped... Ongoing problems, or just something new mon Grande Capon? *laughing....
Peace....
---oOo---
Tuesday 9th September 2008 at 6.03am.