Tuesday, September 30, 2008

THE ART CRITIC......
(begun Tuesday 30th September at 3.10am....)
The big lights that illuminate the field up at the Hall were off last night. Were there bets taken on the Hill that I would consider it worthy of blogging? *crazed laughter...
Why? Even the karate class in the Hall above our little Meeting room was amazingly restrained for a change. The logical answer to the latter is that most of the pupils are off fasting. I would of course, in my paranoia, prefer to think that the usual noisy soccer practise session was deliberately prevented, by using the 'bad light stops play' method...*laughing..
Bad light se voet! Without the lights on it was pitch dark out there!
After previous digs I made, at the difficulties the audio monitors on the Hill would have experienced with so many conversations taking place simultaneously, the neat removal of the noisy soccer players would have assisted the Listeners considerably....*cackles..
To add fuel to my chosen fire, the fact that only the lights bordering the field were out, and everything else was working just fine, compounds my wild theory...*snorts.... Do these particular lights have their own private circuit separate from the rest? Haibo! *winks...
As it is, the Monitors would have heard nothing worthy of justifying their efforts...*shrugs..
No word or sign from our official SAPS liaison officer and nobody had seen him either....Worrying it is....If you were to buy that Supt Des Marillier is anything other than a fine police officer you would be wrong. The unfortunate Capt Moodley had been dragooned into attending and made the best of it...*grins...
Judging from the rather shocking jump in crime stats since our last Meeting, would I be correct in saying our Boys are currently preoccupied with other matters, and as a result the Zone has been opened up, giving the criminals free rein for the moment? It certainly looks that way....*yawns...
I continue to struggle with the Provincial Commissioner's refusal to allow young Ryan Charlton of Search & Rescue to set up an sms portal system for us. *sighs.... Constitutions can be changed easily enough as we've seen, and saying it would possibly allow for corruption by the SAPS is just laughable in our case....*falls over frothing...
It is most irritating that der Kommissar's efforts in this regard came to naught...*frowns... As we are the favoured area by the Corrupt in Government, I truly can't figure out why strings are not pulled in this matter...*sullenly drops it...
Later
The wind is already howling in the gumtrees.. I watched as a vehicle arrived at the outbuildings adjoining the Convent playing field....
What on earth is it doing up there at 4.35am in the dark? Not the first time I've blogged this, and I guess it's all to do with the smooth running of a mini-base station....*vomits..
I'd only ever stood once on the front lawn with the new binoculars, checking out No. 32 Michan Road. That's all it took... For, the next time I remembered to look some days later, was when the black curtains had appeared...
Was it my blog that alerted them to my so-improved view? Or did my Master make a call or two? *grins..
You may well recall how hastily tests were done as soon as the GameWrecker purchased the little digital camera with it's zoom-in options. How this dude was placed in an old chair under the gumtrees and the results of the picture taken would have been studied by the Crooked to ascertain the camera's capabilities....*laughing...Ah yes they fully infest both the photo printing shops I frequent.... so no problems there....
How the same guy had pitched up at Fred the Accountant's house at No. 12 in his purple Golf, only days later. When he'd realised that I'd recognised him, he never returned... Not in that car anyways....*cackles..
Eh! You guys have had such fun with me and my paranoia for so long, you will have to pardon me if I feel it is now my turn to have a laugh or two at your expense....*beams..
I guess once this latest 'problem' has been fixed and swept under the carpet alongside all the other crap, my Free Period will be over, and the Captain of Courage will resume his bullying attacks...*shrugs.. I have my first-aid kit beside me as I suspect they will be savage indeed....
I've certainly no way of knowing what's going on behind the scenes, and would truly be the Fool you take me for, were I to think I'm out of the woods...*keels over...
In fact, I'm sure that right now I stand in the very eye of the storm waiting for the inevitable battering to resume....*smiles...
Consider me a Critic of the Arts... My speciality is of course the fine art of Corruption....*grins.. Would you care to have this long-running show in your neighbourhood? Form an orderly queue if you please...
Later 3.00pm
The rain has arrived at last. Twenty minutes ago, I stood at the top waving happily to the tiny figure of a nun over at the Convent foyer. She was waving back, so I'm fairly sure it was Sister Stephen...*beams..
Another load of sandbags has been placed down by the new manholes just beyond Khaled's house in the valley... WTF are they doing with it all? Using it as some sort of filter for the polluted water?
I only say that because of the so frequent visits by the bakkie marked Irrigation. Basil has said he sees no building operations underway, so I am truly baffled....
It's almost as if the onset of the rain has caused the frequency in my ears to rise an octave..*cackles.. Pinky and the Brain between them have certainly made some bizarre changes to my life, not the least of which is to my hearing...*snorts...
I suspect the effects on Penny's hearing to have been for the worst, and would be interested to see test results... As if.....pfft...
I've blogged before how MY hearing has changed... Still uncannily sharp, but now sort of echoes and is distorted...*curtseys to it's Controller for weird gifts given...
And still I yammer on here endlessly...*grins.. The Beanstalk has remarked, and the foghorn clearly finds me as offensive as always, but I'm pretty much doomed to carry on forever...
In my case, a problem shared, (while not necessarily halved), certainly keeps me smiling...
Peace julle..
---oOo---
Tuesday 30th September 2008 at 4.10pm