Wednesday, June 18, 2008

THROTTLED....
(begun Wednesday 18th June at 8.00am...)
It should go without saying that there are many occasions when I am happy to be proven wrong....*grins..
It must have been in the earliest days of my blogging, that I had been extremely pessimistic about Dilshaad's old maid Gladys, down at Number 2.....
When I had learned she was ill and had subsequently left her job, in typical fashion I had her at death's door, her illness exacerbated by the radiation fallout....*smiles...
Missus Basil had mentioned she was back, and I have just seen the old girl stagger up the servitude with the week's trash..... she took the time and trouble to call Mangled Spotty to follow her, when she headed back down to the house - and for that alone, must be applauded....*beams...
The GameWrecker tells me it was well before Friday 13th that he found himself unable to access our bandwidth monitor and hasn't been able to do so since....
tradepage and Ian Halliday dance willingly to the Beast's tune...*shrugs...
I sent an email to them yesterday, asking that they now send all correspondence to the GameWrecker's gmail address, as Outlook Express is pretty much history.... Will they confirm receipt? *doubtful....
I was fascinated last night to hear that a Devan (as in Devan Pillay of Telkom Overport) purportedly of tradepage, phoned the GameWrecker at his office. (Unheard of, and a first since joining them) Devan managed to persuade the GameWrecker to upgrade to 1gig for a mere extra R5!
It is all moving way too fast for this tard....*cackles...
He also tells me that he installed the new Firefox upgrade last night...*blinks...
I ask myself what is the worst that could happen, and find a reassuring answer.... Removed once and for all from the Internet? No worries....
Of more concern would be the very real possibility that we will lose our stalwart CPF Vice-Chair...*sighs...
Her lack of amusement at the clearly deliberate methods of procrastination used, surrounding the election of a new CPF Motherbody, was obvious...
It would be a simple matter for the PTB to engineer an increased workload for her in her position as representative for the Education Union. Manipulation is possible. *shrugs..
Add to this the irritation caused by the contrived bickering between CPF forums, and she may well choose to call it a day.... speculation as always on my part and I would hope to see myself proven wrong....
I switched off my noisy hair-dryer after the usual half-hour battle with my crazed mop, this morning after 5.30am. A vast amount of water was once again pouring down what sounded like the pathway behind der Bunker, and the heavy rains had not yet begun! Hau!!!
The bushdwellers on the bank opposite the Recreation Centre have somehow managed to get a fire going, and the smoke curls up above the valley at 8.20am...*shrugs...
Much as I enjoy the rain, it causes me to be introspective, and to feel almost suffocated by circumstance, as my Tormentors move a step closer towards the ultimate end of my cavortings... *laughing hysterically...
My mantra of Good will Triumph, has a hollow ring about it...*cackles.... I remind myself fiercely to simply have NO expectations, and to accept whatever comes with a smile...
There will be more hapless victims as this juggernaut crawls into every business and home across the country. Victims like Basil, Sue and Penny, whose lives were changed the day Allen Spence and his Mthiyane Contractors installed the Fabulous Highly-technical computerised Anti-theft Devices in Harris Crescent. Linking our circuit to the huge Freeway overheads and to this Mothership on the island next to Kasim's at No. 2 may not have affected everyone, but it certainly took it's toll on those 3 suckers ..*shrugs..
What it will do to the orphans at St. Theresa's in the long run, will never be known....
The Architects of this grandiose eavesdropping project are not in the business of watching sparrows fall....*snorts...
The ShaikBoyz, Koobairs and Barnabas' of the country will prosper and flourish, protected by the Beast and it's minions....
Those in Government, that could do some good for this country, will be shackled to Whisperers, who will lead them down the garden path with lies and misinformation...*shrugs...
As my Chicken King has done, may I suggest you take up golf.....for the greens at this point, are your best bet for any privacy left you....*beams...
Later:
I finally managed to get through to our ISP, tradepage, and had a word with their charming Hillary....*beams..
She was ever-so reassuring and said that ALL iBurst clients are enduring problems right now, and that we should be able to access our bandwidth monitor soon....*winks...
Freddie's hound has been startlingly silent at 4.00pm each day, since blogging that particular phenomenon. *chokes... Whether a great deal of it's aimless barking can be attributed to these installations remains to be seen...*grins...
Freddie if you recall, now works from home, and I certainly consider him as a possible backup should my own Controller be unavoidably detained on business....*shrieks...
A pyrotechnic devotee combined with an animal-loather of note.... what a team they make.... Bali the Barbarian and Freddie the Accountant... Nice choices .....*nods to the Rotten Apples....
Already there has been a noticeable increase in blank pages and lurching since the Firefox upgrade.... *shrugs...
Peace julle.....

PS: I waited a full minute while google tried to load searchirc and finally gave me Connection Failure. Url could not be retrieved. *grins.... I then waited another full minute to try and return here to Blogger before getting a Connection Interrupted - the document contains no data message... Tried restarting google and finally success..... ... The way forward? *laughing......
---oOo---
Published Wednesday 18th June 2008 at 10.18am.