Friday, June 20, 2008

THIEVES.......... Part lll : Reveille.......
(begun Thursday 19th June at 4.30am..)
The rain has stopped temporarily,and the Terrible Twins have been at it out on the front deck for some time... I'm betting Mangled Spotty has trotted along the valley and is below the Masters 15foot wall, dancing for little Pepsi's so vocal benefit...*cackles...
On the other hand, it could well be yet more thieves poised to easily scale the wall,and again attempt to access the house... The Courageous Couple pay the dogs no attention at all, so tis little wonder they can't tell between friend or foe...*shrugs...
I'm delighted to think I have the answer to at least one of the riddles accurring last Friday 13th.... When I had left a message with Navi at SAPS Sydenham to ask der Kommissar to send help to the Ballirams? Her return call saying the Commissioner didn't know the address? *grins..
Only now do I recall der Kommissar saying at the farcical Motherbody election, that he would be away in Pretoria (MORE awards?) and that a lady Commissioner would be standing in for him on the Hill.....*beams.... I have chosen to accept that explanation and move on to today's Gazette...
I had asked for blood and what a result! My warmest congratulations to Constable Donovan Thaver for his courage and marksmanship... not just a pretty face then? *cackles...
Bloodthirsty I may be, but what better deterrent than a criminal gunned down and left for the people to see before removal? To the other two officers who achieved success in a separate incident, my applause as well....*beams...
I was online in #trivia last night when my poor Master sought to have some fun, and the desk light began to dip erratically.... I mentioned it aloud in the channel some time later and it stopped and didn't re-occur... despite that I stayed up for some time watching TV after that.... *shrugs...
When I got back from my shopping expedition at midday, I believe I had to ask Penny at least four times to come and sit with me, to discuss the burglary last Friday.... Not something she was keen to dwell on, clearly...
Eventually she sat down and I asked her for the details. Blood from a stone.
She did NOT open the gates and let the two thieves in. Fact.
They told her several times they would kill her if she made any sound.
The two little children each arrived home at almost the same time and were sat on the floor with Penny.
The eldest child at one point, wept briefly and silently (kudos deserved then), and they watched as the thieves went from room to room loading a pillowcase.
There had been a car pulled up outside the big gates when Penny had finally gone up at their insistence.... A pale-green car facing up the Crescent, that Basil from inside his wall had not seen....
Penny could hear one of the thieves constantly talking on his cellphone in the bedrooms. She saw him in the reflection of a mirror? but couldn't hear what language he was speaking. However, he spoke zulu to his accomplice.
They may well have asked her where the jewellery was kept, but she certainly didn't know the word when I said it. Only when I said gold bangles did she remember seeing some stuff lying around on one occasion in the past. She had no idea whether the thieves found this or not...
Before they left, the thieves again told them to be quiet and to stay sitting and not to move. On the floor as she was, she has no idea whether they took off up to the Crescent and the car, or round to the front and into the valley.
A while later she bravely gathered up the children and escaped through the previously blogged gap in the fence, to my home.
As you know, a great many officers arrived at the house that afternoon and she was questioned closely.
On the following Tuesday morning, two officers arrived unexpectedly, and waited till the Courageous Pair got home, before loading Penny into their car and taking her up to the Station for more questioning....
They subsequently took her all the way out to her home in Claremont, where they searched her house...*gags.... Just doing their job you say?
I get the impression that these officers were Very threatening and swore a great deal....*snorts... They had gone on repeatedly about a missing computer and the names of the two thieves.... Penny says there had NEVER been a computer that she recalls, since she began work there. .
She does know what she is talking about, as she has seen me using ours often enough. She went over to our setup, and showed me, and insisted there was only ever a monitor and keyboard but never the box....*falls over laughing...
Why would she lie? She needs the job. I had told her before she started work that Bali worked with the Police at Sydenham, and had had as many as 21 maids over the nine years he had lived next door. I had told her that it was probably for security reasons that he wasn't allowed to keep a maid for long....*heaves... I didn't want her getting complacent and then being shown the door unexpectedly....*sighs..
So now - she knows her employer is with the Police, and yet she is still treated as a suspect in spite of her glowing credentials? Sies vir julle....*barfs...
If I were to see the list of stolen items given to the Insurance rep on the Friday afternoon, would I be astonished at the amount of items stolen? A non-existent computer for starters? *chokes... Did Penny see how much they were carrying when they left? I forgot to ask.....
Oh sure - everyone loads their insurance claims right?
FFS!! NOT when you prance around claiming you are a Government appointed lawman albeit in IT.
All the years my Master has run the amazing Toady show - reporting on each cough, fart and weird outfit I wear.... monitored by audio and cctv type technology.... Where TF was this technology when the 'thieves' decided to target his home?
Mon Capitan says it was off ... Righto..... *bares it's teeth....
Am I insinuating that it was a pre-arranged theft? That it was time for an upgrade of his assets? Even my so-cynical mind struggles with that idea....*glum..
It is of course possible that the Rotten Apples organised it all for their chommie on the quiet... They have the right contacts and would have ensured that the kids were safe at all times...
The scale of their theatrical productions knows no bounds, when you consider the mock-suicide laid on for my benefit under the gumtrees...*shrugs...
A great deal of effort is going into a whitewash job here and Penny is to be the fall-guy this time...
I asked Penny whether there was a panic button for her to hit in a crisis. Ah yes, she said... the Master showed it to her this week. (Days AFTER the incident I must add)...
Have you their office numbers to call in an emergency? No, she has not. The Master had shown her a cellphone that lay out in the open, way back, and said it was the house phone. She said there had been maybe one call to the house since she started the job and she has otherwise never touched the phone...
Are you getting the picture here? I have watched this tiny woman arrive, sometimes as early as 7.15am, and then trudge off after dark at nearly 6.00pm down to the bustop on Jan Smuts Highway alone in the evenings... Has she ever complained? No - Not to her employers, and certainly not to me. She needs the job.
Is Missus C now so innured to her Bullyboys methods he uses on both his animals and his domestic that she doesn't make a stand at all? He is NOTHING without her....*grins...I can almost hear the shrieks of liar, liar as they scramble madly to deny my claims..... *laughing...that's now up to you to decide.....
It will be interesting to see whether the children are once again shunted from pillar to post, and the GEM of a maid is fired, in yet another nauseating powerplay....
Missus C called me on the landline again today. This time, to tell me that five guys were trying to get into her sister's house up at 6 Garbutt Road.
Another sudden neighbourly gesture made to our landline, to be deliberately recorded for future use. *snorts....
It won't wash......*shrugs...
Their house alarm was set off twice this afternoon. I saw no armed response unit and nor did Basil. Dangerous and cretinous games are being played by idiots illegally given power over unwitting innocents...
I drove slowly along Friesland road midmorning in time to see a woman staggering along the little road under the weight of a large and very heavy suitcase...
She resembled my idea of a slattern.... Late 30's, uncombed hair, and a tatty dress cut to the navel and up to the crotch. No makeup and I can't recall if she was even wearing shoes. She had a private smile on her face I swear, as she tottered towards Locksley Drive....zonked out of her skull?
I stopped and asked the streetguard who was watching her progress from his station in Cullingworth Road, whether she had come out of No. 10..... Yes she had, he nodded....
Just a wild guess on my part and I hit paydirt....
No. 10, directly behind and adjoining the home of the elderly Mr. and Mrs. P, who live right next door the The GateHouse in Garbutt Road. The same old couple that were having such a huge amount of blackouts sent to them... What is it that goes on here at No. 10 Friesland?
There are those on the Hill that will certainly know, as much as they know the circumstances of the 'theft' at my Master's last Friday 13th....*nods... Eh - enough of all this filth and corruption...
I was charmed to hear tonight that our dear CPF Chairman has been invited to accompany der Kommissar to yet another award ceremony next week......bravo!
My assumption that the owners of No. 14 were excluded from the Project may yet prove incorrect....*shrugs... Yesterday these vehicles were busy on the property the entire day... Dhewtrans? The digger itself removed a huge amount of earth, though for what purpose I've no idea, and am not likely to be told either...*grins... Cest la vie say I....
As with all my guesses and allegations - in the matter of the theft - I have no conclusive evidence to prove that Penny (despite Missus C's apparent kindness in employing her), was used as a mere pawn...*shrugs....
And still I hold out the olive branch.... Unlikely as it is to ever be accepted, it is nevertheless offered....*smiles...
Peace julle.....
---oOo---
Friday 20th June 2008 at 2.52pm