Wednesday, April 23, 2008

MUMBO JUMBO......
(begun Tuesday 22nd April at 8.35pm)
I almost didn't need the stand-by lamp to write here at the desk.... The golden-yellow moon hung high enough to light the room....
We had scheduled a special meeting for just a few CPF Members tonight,and the Chairman and I stood waiting for some 20 minutes before deciding to pack it in.... I did attempt to call Jay from the Hall, but my little Nokia with it's full signal and battery suddenly dropped to one bar and shut down ...*looks at the Chicken King....
This is what the Zone's version of Big Brother is all about is it not? *cackles... Ah..... the opportunities that are now available will afford Bali and the Rotten Apples so much entertainment, they will be hard-pressed to choose where to begin....*keels over laughing...
I certainly hadn't planned to begin a new blog this evening, but as is so often the case, my Master saw fit to donate further grist to the mill....*grins... I rise predictably to the bait....
He wishes to know where I went and what I did between 7.20pm and 8.15pm tonight? Now that is really interesting....
It hadn't occurred to me that the scheduled powercuts may cause him monitoring problems....*laughs..
I am sure that he traced me down into Jimmy Carter via my sad little Nokia and our Chair's cellphone... a simple matter...
What the quality of monitoring is like down there, I have no idea....
As B is the Chairman of the Sherwood CPF, may I guess that it's not bad at all, though without a landline in the house, the actual audio monitoring must present a few problems?
I only hope that I was of some use, and gave you all ample time to tweak the equipment while I visited? *chokes..
I arrived home in time to see the chopper just leaving the Microwave tower and heading back down to it's base-station at Howard College.... The phone rang a minute later at about 8.15pm and the GameWrecker took the call....
Turns out it was Missus Courageous asking whether the power had been cut at 8.00pm, to which he replied in the affirmative.... Hmmm....
Making sure we knew/thought she wasn't home? Fosho she was...*grins... Strange though, that their three dogs are so silent....
almost as if their Doting Master was nearby and they did not wish to attract his attention....
Kitt iii sits brooding at the foot of their drive, doing guard duty while the power is out...*grins..
Does the Jack Hunter sit hunched over his DeathDealer listening for any sound we may make? It is immaterial where he sits, be it up on the Hill, at his boet-in-law's just up the road, or skulking in der Bunker....
He will simply have to make do with the poorer quality of monitoring during blackouts...*beams..
May I remind His Crabbiness, that it is all for the CAUSE, and the powercuts should be endured CHEERFULLY....
After all, we sit here in the dark, so that he and his cronies may run their ten plus signal enhancers when the power is finally restored....*hawks..
Even the crescent moon atop the dome at the Soofie Bhaiijan mosque (sp) now appears to have been enlisted to join the Project...*keels over laughing.... Spot on?
I can't say I find the added hours of darkness unpleasant at all... The GameWrecker unplugged the TV and the computer when the power went off at 8.00pm.
It took me till just after 9.00pm to realise that the call made to our landline by Missus Courageous could have been to facilitate the audio monitoring via the old phone I'd plugged in....*shrugs..
I trotted through and unplugged it too and will try not to make that error during Thursday's scheduled blackout...*grins..
Whether just another hare-brained guess or not, the common-or-garden landline seems to feature prominently in the Big Brother audio monitoring option, so why make it easy? *cackles..
The high frequency whine in my ears increased dramatically a while later and I could feel the pressure building up....*beams widely.... Bali has His tests and I have Mine....*laughs..
At about 9.15pm I saw Missus C and her sister? struggling in the moonlight with the electric gates... the dogs yapped briefly and fell silent again...
I will not venture to draw any conclusions from her actions, for the options are too many.....*shrugs..
Going up the top a while later, the only 2 lights to be seen were in the back and front tyres of Kitt iii facing our house.... Reflected moonlight? The lights are tucked too deep in the tyre rims and therefore have to be the devices mentioned so often in the past.... *grins...
Freddie the Accountant's little Spanky insisted loudly that there was someone hanging about below in the valley... Needless to say his owners ignored him totally....*smiles... Instead of calling out a quiet word of praise for his vigilance, he is allowed to continue futiley guarding his family....
Humans are indeed a strange lot...*cackles...
I'm off to bed with my book....g'nite...
Wednesday 23 April at 10.00am:
That I have been asked my opinion on anything at all lately has me on full alert.
I have trimbled innocently and naively down one too many garden paths, and if I choose to explore now, it is under the weight of my full Kevlar body armour....*beams at the Bookish One....
Picture a cat hearing a sudden inexplicable rustle in the grass, and you will see this old toad adopting a similar stance....*grins..
A new development as I scribble here.... A youngish gentleman, wearing a pink and white woman's dress, has made himself comfortable just below my good Neighbour's wall in the valley..
He has arranged his belongings on top of the storm water drain at the bottom, and when he saw me, he took off briskly heading up here to the boundary walls. I climbed up and watched him feigning ignorance of my presence.. His trousers, shoes and shirt peeking out from under the long dress and an old basketball cap on his head as he sits casually now on the sewage manhole cover below the wall....
A would-be Bushdweller or a bought and paid for GateKeeper's assistant? Following our Vice-Chair's instructions, I sent a text to Supt. Mariller at 10.02am asking if the Patrol guys could move him on, and will have to wait and see what happens....*smiles.. Some 10 minutes later I became aware of the stench of raw sewage... Imagination?
My Controller was in fine petty form this morning... Each time I started up my CPF Nokia and punched in the pin number, he would shut it down repeatedly by blocking the signal...*grins..
The very first time I fired it up, I had seen a clear, full battery and full signal before he whacked it off...
There is little left for him to enjoy in the Torture Department these days, but I decline to let his lameness go unmentioned....*nods..
The last time I tried, it loaded and held and, 2 minutes later I looked out in time to see His Deliciousness dressed to kill, leaving for the 'office'....*cackles...
It was just before 8.30am, and he clearly had to give up his silly game to be elsewhere...*sighs...
At 10.35am I discovered our local transvestite's packets gone from the top of the storm water drain at the bottom of the valley.
Whether twas the SAPS Patrol van, or the nasty thwacks the pellets made when I hit the telephone pole some 15 feet from where he sat, he won't have gone far....*nods..
He is the most likely reason for young Spanky's alarm calls last night...*sends the little Jack Russell a virtual pat....
Though I am still getting used to the unfamiliar concept of self-worth, tentative as it is - it tastes good....*grins...
Who would have guessed that a couple of reiki sessions combined with relentless abuse (donated by the Chicken King), would lead me to this happy state....*beams..
Do not despair o lily-livered DarkAvenger... It is certain there are still unexplored areas that I may be attacked and caught off guard....
Much as it is your responsibility to bring the entire Big Brother Project into total disrepute, is it mine to withstand your onslaughts with a grin...
I was highly amused to see Logie Naidoo had even managed to position himself right behind the Gandhi lookalikes for the front page picture of the salt march in Monday's Mercury...*laughing..
That guy is as obsessed with cameras as Bali is with wrinkled toads! Weirdness....
I am loath to head indoors on this beautiful sunny day... I clucked cheerfully to a loerie that just landed in front of me in the avo tree. It tilted its head from side to side to listen before flying towards me with the sun shining through it's scarlet wing feathers....
It's now sat in the coral tree behind, trying to fathom exactly what I am...*cackles...
Peace...
---oOo---
Wednesday 23 April 2008 at 12.18pm.
PS : I have become aware of late, of the strangest sound as I type these blogs online. A deep humming noise which strangely, may or may not come from the building operations or just as easily right inside this lounge.... *makes a note to pay more attention in future.....