Saturday, April 12, 2008

MELTING IN THE DARK.....
(begun Friday 12th at 5.30am)
The trick is to sit really still, and to watch Chi and Kitz' heads follow the sounds in the dark... Not too difficult as they both have white fur under their chins...*smiles..
As I sat out on the verandah after 4.00am this morning, it was clear that both cats thought the mongoose was still up against our wall in the valley...*shrugs...
I'd poured a diluted, but strong-smelling load of Jeyes over the wall last night, after Sophie had gone mental tearing at the plastic mesh....
I'd managed finally, to see it's nose and an eye through a tiny crack in the precast wall, and had hoped the stench of disinfectant would move it back down into the bush....*sighs....
There had been a horrific screech somewhere in the valley a couple of days ago, but I'd no idea what it was until now...
A heavy mist descended after 5.00am giving a really spooky effect to the big lights on over the way...
This light on the wall over at the Senior Boys Hostel, directly facing us, cuts through the mist and the gumtrees with ease...*cackles..
My Master's cricket awoke as I'd stepped out of the front door and the wireless song sang in the background...*grins... Just another day in the Valley of Techno Marvels...
Later:
I can't help but be grossed out reading this weeks Overport Rising Sun Page 7. 'Residents Disgruntled over Load-Shedding'....*pukes..
First of all it's POWER CUTS, and secondly, I feel justified in immediately thinking the unfortunate Lester Williams of Riverdene is either like us, the recipient of deliberate maliciousness or he is on the same circuit as a victim of this appalling corruption...*snorts...
Just like old Mr. P up in Garbutt, Lester is being treated to erratic cuts PLUS the so-called scheduled outtages....
And this is not illegal because..............?
That the Rotten Apples are involved at Ground Zero with the Big Brother Scheme and are so closely tied to the Shaikboyz and therefore Jackie Selebi, means that of a certainty their newfound power (hah!) will be abused totally...
Each time I see a picture or article in the Press by Sutcliffe, I shake my head in disbelief at the gall of this over-toothed wanker...
By now he himself probably believes his own lies, trotted out so officiously....*blinks..
If someone would just tell me what is good about this Scheme I would be delighted to hear it...
Do you still genuinely think I sit here and suck all the Zone history from my thumb? *sighs... More fool you then...
The more I read and think, the more I am astonished at the forward planning that has gone into this.... the deliberate degeneration and degradation of all the basic services in the country to weaken the population....*hawks...
Saturday 12th at 10.30am:
I was hardly likely to miss seeing Captain Courageous' "gardener" industriously working between the Merc, the Beemer, and the Courser this morning....*grins...
Though i am always delighted to find my guesses wrong, I am totally unconvinced that this "gardener" is not a biz Afrika employee....
The almost ludicrous turnover of their domestic staff, could be blamed for my lack of proper attention paid....*sniffs...
While I've tried to keep a note of their charladies employed over the years (22 at the last count?), I hadn't considered it necessary to introduce myself to their groundsmen...*grins...
For all I know, this very gentleman could have been employed by mon Capitano since Telkom first moved Biz Afrika into the neighbourhood... and that would be many moons back...
He was working here on Tuesday 25th march when three different lots of techs came out to 'adjust' Bali's system as well.... a Real handyman fosho...
So no, there is still a very real possibility that this "gardener" is paid for by Biz Afrika and Telkom and at a stretch, he could've even started out as a Mthiyane Cowboy....*laughing..
For I swear and declare, that was King (of the Muni Electricity Depts. pairing with that dodgy contractor) that I heard call out a greeting to me some weeks back, while driving down the Crescent past No. 64...
That Telkom have their stooges planted all over the neighbourhood is obvious...*wonders where little Morris has been instated... so useful to the Rotten Apples and as such, to the Beast as well...*cackles...
Am I to believe that the large amount of new manholes now infesting the Zone are purely for gaining access to all the recently laid cabling?
Of course it conveniently gives easy access to our water and sewage lines and the cables so covertly crammed through them, as well...*spits..
Was my suggestion that Wayne von Bart consider creating a dam here in the valley, a non-starter? Would the water of any such dam be too visibly polluted? *curious...
Was the mongoose trying to reach the water supply in my garden, finding it a tad more palatable than further down by the storm-water drains?
As always, mere speculation - It isn't as if money will be spent on preventing the ecological disaster called Big Brother from the ongoing destruction it leaves in its wake....
As with the orphans at St. Theresa's and AIDS, it is a simple matter to label natural disasters as being a result of global warming...
Sewage in the harbour and on the beaches, toads no longer breeding here in the valley, the amount of beautiful established trees coming down - global warming fosho....*hawks...
My Master is wearing his 'civilized' suit at the moment..*grins..
Only one loud thump heard to the TV in the last three or four days, the CD player is untouched, and a mere couple of dips to my bedside light the night before last, could almost fool me into believing that he can behave as a good Monitor should..... unobtrusive and watchful at all times...*cackles...
While I am impressed by his sudden self-control, I can and will snitch on any re-emergence of pettiness...
To those chommies of Balis that egg him on to greater depths... you do him no favours....*shakes it's head....
He has blown this Big Brother can of worms wide open with your encouragement and goading...*spits..
He has revealed that what could have been a technological marvel to the benefit of the people (though why, escapes me), it will instead be a bazaar of jostling elbows as the Corrupt outbid each other for Private information to use against enemies and competitors...*nods...
This country's Big Brother Project is in fact, the most enormous boost that local organised crime will ever receive...*grins...
The likes of Sutcliffe and Allen Spence will long be remembered for their contributions and willing collaboration....*gags...
The one constant, over the years of attacks we have endured, has been for the most part, the utter lack of subtlety...*grins... As with the cooking of so many of our PC components, right through to the smashing of car windows and strewing of glass and screws across our driveway...
So, while I am amused, and cautiously pleased by the temporary respite, I regard it as just that - temporary. I was reminded only last night in #trivia, that it is not the thugee way, to move on...*grins..
Should I be grovellingly grateful to have even a few days grace? When you have delivered the compensation cheques to Basil, Sue and Penny as is their due, I will allow myself a moments pleasure, no more....
Until then? I will continue to try and stand my ground in the face of overwhelming adversity...
On a happier note, there are birthdays coming up soon and I look forward to hearing many happy noises next door...
If it would be of help, I would be pleased to look after Pepsi and Cola (aka Puppy & Puppy), and am sure that Sue the book would take Nobby in, should Dimples be having a party? *grins...
Peace julle.. hmmm...

PS: I forgot to say.... starting up the PC to come and type this Blog, I first ran the silly Norton System One-Button scan which still left nearly 20 errors on the machine.... I then connected and went to google, and is asked me to authorise as I was looking dodgy. I dutifully typed in the characters supplied and now, after typing and publishing I go back again to google to be asked to authorise.... messy dont you think? The chopper just whizzed by as I was typing...busy, busy, busy....
---oOo---
Saturday 12th April 2008 at 12.47pm.