Monday, February 11, 2008

MANY A SLIP.....
(begun Monday at 4.00am)
The self-congratulatory Metro insert that came with last Fridays Mercury certainly had me cackling...
Peter Webbs 'illustration' which must of taken him all of two minutes tops, to do? Surely a wind-up? *keels over...
That cannot be the Dome of the biggest base station in Durban, that has the pylon superimposed on it? If it is, I applaud the PTB for the nearest thing to honesty in a long time...*vomits gently...
The truly evasive question and answer column produced this classic: (shortened)
Will the Muni compensate me for losses?
Reply: The Municipality is simply responding to the National situation and can't be held liable for interruptions... Hilarious! Let's do the sidestep shall we? *cackles...
Last nights dips to our system were continuous and our lights still dip this morning.. Constantly eroding away at the life span of our appliances no doubt.
Eventually it will only take a medium sized surge to kill off some of our bigger assets...*shrugs...
Thats the plan Stan? *gags....
If my Master so much as suggests the dips are unavoidable and due to an unrectifiable problem with Kitt iii, check out the length of his nose as he speaks...
There are many occasions when our system is stable, despite that recalcitrant little four-wheeler sitting in his driveway...*chokes...
As always he overdoes it.... what surely unnerved me when it began has now become something I merely report on out of habit...*grins...
Later:
10.35am and a chopper just went over fast and low...
Good news is that we have a name for the intended Controller constructing his huge house over in Loon Road....*beams... (the truly odd way the Zone has numbered the houses gives this establishment as No. 15 and not No. 11 as I had assumed it to be)
If you wish to possibly catch a glimpse of another bullying,but very well-connected Government/Telscum puppet, Mr. Farouk Ahmed is your man...*grins.... Does the name ring a bell?
If you are quick and my Master has not yet eradicated any references to this gentleman that may exist, google and see what you can find...*smiles... I would guess Mr. Ahmed to be on very good terms with the Rotten Apples, judging by the speed the officers arrived to support him illegally cutting his neighbours trees....*laughs...
Our CPF Vice-Chair is on the matter like a terrier and hopefully official rebukes will be forthcoming...*grins...
In a modest effort to give the Corrupt pause for thought from their mirth and complacency, I called to report the ongoing stream of water running down into the valley from below St. Theresa's...*beams..
I was referred by Water Faults to the Parks Department and eventually lucky enough to find the helpful Siva Chetty who put in a report for me with Mr. Wayne van Bart... Siva tells me that Wayne will call me on the matter...I do not however hold my breath on that score...*falls over laughing...
You wish to play and I am happy to oblige...*grins..
I am both amused and disgusted that the Zones outtages have been scheduled on at least three days of the week for noon till 2.00pm. Considering the amount of institutions dotted throughout the Zone,how are the kitchens supposed to supply meals with no power?
You don't care,as you will be making full use of the breaks by attending pat-on-the-back luncheons? *cackles... Well called indeed!
My skyline has changed.... towering above Godfrey's roof,rises Sabeera' ongoing building construction. No. 18 certainly plays a vital role in the Big Brother Data-theft Project. Not quite up to St. Theresa's base station standard with its amazing Powerhouse,and probably not up to the level of importance of this face brick home at the end of St. Theresa's Road right next to the Senior Boys Hostel - but an important part nonetheless...
The structural engineering, bricks and cement alone, bespeak a small fortune poured into that tiny piece of ground.
It is fortunate we are not prone to quakes and tremors, for with the vast amount of water deliberately sent continously to the valley floor, my guess is that the natural subsidance will speed up somewhat,and the cracks that widen in our houses and retaining walls every year may soon present a very real problem...*chortles....
Should cracks appear in Sabeera's structures, I am certain they will be able to fill these with the banknotes that are tossed their way...*grins...
The sun hits the silver cladding that runs now the length of the orphanage dormitory roof and glitters like tinsel....
I have never asked,but wonder now, where the Clinic is situated? The clinic that Sister Stephen spends so many hours working in?
That she has developed back problems is worrying... I had imagined her to be safe from harm at the Convent,but in retrospect, who knows what additional (and possibly harmful to the elderly) installations are now in place?
A system run for the most part by GateKeepers at the command of the Fowl King? One who is quite possibly feted and lauded for his very bullying and callous nature...*gags...
Sister Stephen must surely be in her seventies and as spry as a young girl up till now...Expendable fosho....*shrugs...
I added the intercontinental-travelling-pensioner Cliffy to my CPF sms reminder list this morning and he actually called to say he would try and attend the Meeting tonight...*beams..
What is so weird is that these people who have now clearly got rage issues (Bali, Sue the Book and Cliffy for starters), are unaware of the changes to their temperament. That the article in the Femina Magazine gave aggression as a sympton caused by 'living under the mast' so to speak,is enough to pique my curiosity...*interested...
A pair of blue-eared starlings' jewelled turquoise feathers flash in the sun as they dart among the trees down in the valley...
12.25pm and a chopper is back overhead and gone... not immediately recognizable either...*puzzled...
The noise it makes as it clatters overhead is music to my 'altered' hearing.. *curtseys to the Purveyor of Little Extras.... Dolby Surroundsound would possibly be the best way to describe how my ears now distort noise....*grins..
Worth a mention is that when Hekhmat rang me on my cell earlier as I sat outside reading, I watched as my 100% signal suddenly dropped to two bars only... Less than a minute after the call had ended, it shot right back up to full...
Though there may well be a logical reason for this, I prefer to look at it as a Hau! Haikona! moment....*chuckles...
There is a CPF Meeting tonight. Several members who showed a keen desire to be part of the Community when first they joined, seem to have fallen by the wayside...*puzzled and looks towards Blue Jade in particular....
Amazingly for a short while we had three Councillors, one if not sometimes two, attending our meetings...*shows its yellowed teeth...
Is it mere apathy, or have they been told there will be no fall-out should they choose not to attend? The lack of even the simple courtesy of a texted apology has my antenna up and waving...*grins..
I am certain that the Trialists head for the Hill to further their training and report back on Mondays... Oddly enough the Zone's Motherbody Meetings were arranged for Mondays as well...*snorts...
Short-sighted, or a deliberate move to ensure our ranks do not swell?
I had not seen the two little dogs today up till now and when Missus C told me they had been bathed and wear their new tags I went and saw them sparkling in the sun at the top of the driveway... They wouldn't be out of place at Crufts! Nice one.... *smiles...
The trio of Red Bishops skitter nervously between the feeding table and the coral tree as the wind picks up, while a cloud of mannikins rise and fall into the long grass below in the valley....
Am I not fortunate? *beams...
Peace...
---oOo---
Monday 11th February 2008 at 3.28pm.