Saturday, January 05, 2008

LOST & FOUND....
(begun Saturday at 4.00am)
Rain has fallen steadily all night and a chorus of toads sound somewhere down in the valley.
The noisy toads that have frequented our garden for as long as I can remember, are silent...*curious...
Were the two neatly decapitated bodies I found months ago, some sort of froggy mafioso message that has caused them to now wisely avoid this patch? *cackles...
The Lost Bees haven't returned either, despite the warmer weather...
Speaking of messages - the SocketHunter's nasty spike sent directly to our PC last night at 7.25pm was what? A fumble? Deliberate? That it didn't knock out the TV, confirms my claims that every jackpoint in the house can be attacked individually...*grins...
Impressive skillz indeed though somewhat more sinister than your average party trick....*smiles..
I'm amused that our Controller feels it so necessary to remind me of his Absolute Control.. I can almost hear his enraged squeak "Don't you KNOW how powerful I am?!?" As if I could ever forget..*chokes....
Although I become more addled with each passing day, I am always aware that Bali could send our entire house up in flames should he choose to do so....*beams..
Do I only get that pesky little tail on my cursor bar when I go to blogger.com? With my dodgy attention span, it is hard to say...*shrugs and resolves to try and focus...
What is it about his Courser bakkie that so upsets our electrical system? When its parked IN his garage at the nearest point to our house, we seem to have endless dips, but when its pulled onto the top of his drive, somewhat further away, our lights only dip occasionally....
However crazy it may sound, it most certainly is the bakkie that is so unstable...its owner of course, is not that far behind...*shrieks...
Its now 4.30am and I hear a sudden small clink of metal....my Master is up and about... a security gate being unlocked? He heads into der Bunker for some light entertainment?
Though the proximity of these tiny properties has proven extremely advantageous to mon Capitan over the years - in the interests of gleaning content for his so popular Toady Show, it has to be said that I too have been able to enjoy the sights and sounds from this colourful couple in return...*keels over...
Later:
It is a given that under cover of all this lovely rain, thousands more litres of water will be deliberately flushed out.... Irritatingly, I still have zero clue as to why this is being done...
Toxins in the water table or FTTH? *blank....
There has recently been a change made to the MTBlock over at Howard College... I wouldn't have been able to see it with the naked eye, but the trusty camera reports faithfully as always...
At least two of the blinding white lights covering the tower block are now resembling my favourite sodium-based aerials...check this out...*cackles...
The disappearance of the aerials attached to the giant cranes at the new Westwood Mall under construction by the UDW access road, may be explained by this?
Pictures taken of the forest of cranes covering the Olympic Soccer Stadium snapped from a vantage point in Umgeni Road, show that this may be where the missing aerials have ended up...*falls over laughing...
The mock Tudor house in Effingham Heights just below Howard College also shows an enormous sodium-based aerial light... at this distance, it could well be a controlling streetlight left on as per the three here. One on either side of the freeway and one on the freeway itself....
Has anyone had time to study the new streetlights closely? The sturdy cowlings with the lemon-coloured light-sensor knob on top? Those babies have WAY more potential than just lighting the streets....*laughs...
I've come to accept that the Zone is certainly not given over wholly to the Beast's Wimax Trials.. Not at all... Every aspect of Wireless is being tested until the Crooked finally settle on the combination they find the most suitable...*grins..
How simple it would be if the authorities involved could insist that ALL residents use the pitiful iBurst system...*cackles..
My Master would then indeed be Cock-of-the-Heap of the entire Zone as he has had ample time to learn the finer points of control using this medium..*grins...
Two doors up and Freddie the Bomber uses adsl - but its not as if Bali could practise nuking Fred's assets now is it? *grins... Though I'm betting my Master has eavesdropped on a good many conversations up at No. 12 whether he denies it or not..*beams...
Purely in the interests of the Big Brother Project of course...heheh....
Besides, how would Freddie know? He's an 'Accountant' FFS! *chokes...
The thread in the my adsl OffTopic forum on fireworks, which I read last night, was most entertaining...
lucifer is a man after my Master's own heart fosho... he bobbed out from under his bridge to start a heated debate...*grins... I tried toadfully to see his point of view, but had to fall by the wayside early on... His attitude is so foreign to me, he may as well be speaking Outer Mongolese...*laughs...
And yes, I suppose I do tend to empathise more with animals than humans... Take the case of Bali and his deliberately destructive behaviour over the years.... surely I am justified in respecting his dogs far more than their owner? *smiles...
While out for a bit this morning, I was fairly startled to find a For Sale sign outside the Naroth's facebrick house in Candella Road...
The home of the eternal backwash aka deliberate run-off... the home with what I guessed to be a wireless box in its back yard, facing our Vice-Chair's property? Hard to tell as those corner properties are jammed together like sardines in a can..*shrugs...
The impressive Islamic bank-rolled property going up on Jan Smuts Highway must surely affect more than just the Naroth family? A nasty shock it must have been for ordinary residents to find an enormous crane almost in their backyards... I would guess the ongoing construction is why the traffic lights at Candella road were down for months.... Ah the price we pay for progress...*sigh...
There were several manhole covers pretty much where I expected to find them opposite the Naroth's in Candella Road...
Though not brand spanking new, I would definitely pick the one with the shiny screws/bolts...Yes? *beams....
Whoever suggest that Herr Doktor Sutcliffe use cable-theft as an excuse for streetlights left on during the day, should be hung, drawn and quartered...*looks longingly at the cretinous Allen Spence....
So 320 Manning road is anticipating cable theft? *snorts...
A really stupid idea, and as the power cuts continue, it will hold less and less credibility..
Its been a lazy, and happily cooler day, as the rain still falls here in the valley..... Peace...
---oOo---
Saturday 5th January 2008 at 5.00pm