Tuesday, November 27, 2007

FALLEN AMONG THIEVES....
(begun Tuesday at 2.45pm)
The wekkers next door have not slowed their pace in spite of the rain falling for hours on end... it crossed my mind they would be better off building an Ark at this point...*grins...
So what can I tell you? The sky that took on hues from grey to black to almost green late yesterday afternoon? Culminated in a thunderous storm and wind that was here and gone in half an hour...*beams..
Inevitably, I ended up last night at the CPF Meeting, sitting feverishly scribbling illegible notes and wondering WTF I was doing there in the first place...*cackles..
It is truly a joke that I am the Temporary Secretary of Anything,let alone a Community Policing Forum *winks at der Kommissar...
Who would have thought it possible that someone so vehemently reputed to be a cop-hater, would find her niche working With the SAPS? *falls over laughing hysterically...
But for the lack of a single word, these Spin Doctors with their hidden agendas took you all for a grand ride did they not?
And the word was ? Crooked....
Not crooked on a small scale either. We're right up there at Government level as I speak...*coughs... Currently the Station on Top of the World if I may be so bold....*chuckles...
Do I resent the theatrics used to manipulate the idiot dwellers here in the Zone for the amusement of these Rotten Apples? A mock suicide FFS!!! An alleged child rapist strolling about freely (read Adrian Kingsley) and said to be above the Law's reach? *shrugs...
If it hadn't been for Carol throwing Adrian into the mix in yet another attempt to amuse her Lord Barnabas and the Steaming Fruit, it is doubtful I would have done more than taken these dramas at face-value... So, no resentment there at all...*delighted cackle...
As my style has always been to accuse first, and then wait hopefully for logic and commonsense to prove me wrong... I typically barrelled in last night to add a postscript to my previous blog..
Certainly I made no outright apology to the Captain of Courage for assuming that it was he who had caused all the expensive destruction last Thursday night..
Fortunate as it happens, as the Jury is still very much out on the matter... *smiles...
Since Emil and Lucky arrived yesterday and replaced our LNB with whatever it was he was fortuitously carrying in his trouser pocket (I kid you not), we have certainly got our DSTV signal back...*grins..
Sadly, I noticed last night that there is now a great deal of static interference on the screen as well,which was worse if anything, this morning...sighs..
Consider this - up until the early hours of Friday 23rd November, when I walked through the lounge just before 4.00am to unlock the front verandah door, we had had a near perfect signal for years with problems arising only when fierce electrical storms were nearby...
If you recall, I blogged at how the Channel number (it would have been on Sky News) suddenly vanished as I reached for the doorkey and a few symbols later, was gone....
The fact that we are once again being subjected to dips throughout the house, indicates that our homes power is still very much controlled by the RavingLoon next door whether denied or not...*cackles..
I called the TV & Satellite Installations, Multichoice Agents & Accredited Installer company at 0861 66 22 22 first thing this morning.
I asked the pleasant Joleen whether Emil could return and repair the static interference problem that has arisen since his visit yesterday...*cackles..
After some delay, Joleen called me back to say Emil was already headed elsewhere and had asked if he could come out tomorrow instead? I replied that it would have to do and hoped the TV didn't blow up in the interim...*grins...
You, Dear Readers, will understand that that last is a very real possibility while we are under the aegis of the Yellow King...*falls over...
I do not think that Bali can sort out the dips to our system at this point. Therefore I do not think that Emil will be able to solve the static interference on the TV screen. Will he even pitch up tomorrow?
Hmm. due to the rain? *shrieks with laughter... NOPE - we have never had trouble with our signal 'due to the rain' and that is certainly not the cause now... *looks at Balliram, Master of her Universe...
Will we be able to claim our R580 back from the Multichoice agents? They have not yet repaired our DSTV signal correctly and it would certainly amount to fraud to claim otherwise...*grins...
Fraud and Corruption are two words that fit my Master as a comfortable cloak despite his impeccable credentials...*roars with laughter...
The dead microwave oven and portable radio have gone in for repairs...I will let you know the results...*smiles...
Bali's childish rages and lack of electrical qualifications are proving costly to this one-salaried household...*shrugs...
Again, I must ask - is this how it is done in the States? In the U.K? Or do their Big Brother Controllers get vetted rather more rigorously before being signed up for the job?
Possibly the Bobbys in Blue can gain some insight from this blog as to what CAN happen if druglords and Rotten Apples are allowed to manipulate a Project such as this...*grins...
I dreamed last night that I was offered a small fortune to move this blog over to a local server... Alas, I woke before a figure was mentioned...*cackles... With Bali having constantly blocked our international browsing, I will admit the thought had occurred to me - hence the dream... Silly moo! *laughing...
The newly-appeared device in the northend window of the orphanage was activated once again this morning... it reminds me of the device that sits in the window nearer the foyer end... (see pics and yet more pics)...It looks the closest thing to a proper radio one could find, and seems to change settings a lot as you can tell from the photos...*fascinating..
I was up the top on Monday morning just before 5.30am when a white bakkie turned in from Jan Smuts and shot down Cassims little servitude...
I recall wondering what had got him out so early, and then I'd realised there were ladders on the bakkie roof which was unusual.
Now jump forward to yesterday and in a moment of pure luck and timing, I glanced over to the gumtrees across the way, in time to see the same bakkie leaving the area below the Senior Boys Hostel at 6.00am... There is nothing there but parkland and it is now quite clear that there has been something installed at that point, to access and create deliberate water run-offs...
Anyone with a 4 x 4 game to go look? By this time next year you will be screaming with pain at the rates hikes mark my words...*grins...
So, take your Canon, jump into your jeep and go get proof NOW that ratepayers are being conned yet again....*chokes...
Follow St. Theresa's Road past the Convent and carefully negotiate the rocky bit leading into the Parkland itself... hang a right and drive down past the Senior Boys Hostel block following the pre-cast wall... turn in at the bottom of the wall, climb out and use your dowsing rod to find the newly made manhole bunker that I'm betting is there in the bush... All the better if its pouring water out when you get there...
A picture is worth 10000 words... Go for it! *laughing...
As I sit looking over at the orphanage in the grey light, it resembles a condemned and abandoned building... The fortune spent on installing the metal barred windows to prevent 3 year olds from running away??!!!, would have been better spent on a standard non-conductive paint job... Or would it? Hmm....
Did anyone notice the speed with which my Master's plans were passed and approved? That the Press has recently revealed a HUGE backlog of building plans and yet this paragon of the Fowl Clan had barely to blink between the time we obligingly signed his plans, and the actual start of the building operations?
A very well-connected Cracker indeed..*laughs...
Where is the conductive paint coming from? Someone is clearly making a small fortune on this alone... As I look about just here in the valley and compare my pictures...there is more and more of the stuff being slapped about.....*cackles...
The house nearly at the top of Piedmont road for instance....*laughs...
All the bits and bobs added over at the convent - a faschia board here and a down pipe there yes? *beams and yawns mightily....
Never a dull moment in the Valley of the Corrupt here in the Zone.... Peace...
---oOo---
Tuesday 27th November 2007 at 5.34pm.