Tuesday, September 04, 2007

GIVE THE DOG A BONE....
(begun Monday at 10.45am)
It's after 10.30am when my border patrol, aka. fat Sophie, tells me loudly that there are people in the valley.
I stroll across the lawn to have a dekko ....
About 9 or 10 teenagers are gathered down at the stormwater manhole busy passing stuff around... Most wear school uniform and about 3 are in civvies....
I smell a theatrical production and don't bother to fetch the camera.. For all I know its Smarties they munch so avidly...*grins..
I stand for a while, sipping my tea in full view of them all, without it raising an eyebrow so.... *smiles..
the genuine dealers seen in the past, move off fairly smartly when they see me....*cackles...
I had a call yesterday from Missus Bernie at No. 17.
She pretty much asked me if I could persuade the Muni to chop down the last two remaining trees on their verge...*falls over laughing...
They, like Brian 'Illuminati' Osborne, are not tree lovers...go figure..
I suggested she speak to the Telkom Wimax people and said I was sure they'd have it done chop-chop (!) in the interests of Direct Line of Sight...
No, she says, we don't have a PC or the Internet....hmmmm.....
Another paranoid and incorrect guess to add to a growing list? Pretty much ...*goes purple.... It will be interesting to see how much, if anything, they do actually know...*puts castors on the envelope and prepares to push it...
As you know, I am in no hurry....*grins...
I sent out the sms reminders for tonight's CPF Meeting and wondered as always, which of the members are owned by either Barnabus, the Rotten Apples or Telkom and their Wimax 'trials'..
Do you seriously think I suck this from my thumb?...*keels over laughing...
We've had a fair amount of newbies lately, though its still early days to make up my mind... *grins and waves to Smiley....
Are we going belly-up with the resignation of our Secretary? Again - too soon to tell....
To be continued....
Now Tuesday @ 4.15am.
2 Councillors, Captain Chule and der Kommissar!! If not One other CPF member had pitched, I would still have been charmed!...*cackles...
Needless to say, our official Councillor, Yakoob Baig, despite his insistance that he would be attending, didn't make it...
Luckily where politicians are concerned, I never hold my breath...*smiles and waves to Aziz....
Matters arising? Way too much going on but I will try and remember some of it....
Our Chair began by saying Hekhmat had not turned up to meet der Kommissar to discuss the possibility of there being a syndicate working Brickfield Road.... *bummer....
Later still...at 9.00pm
Hmm .. where was I? Ja, so I've just phoned Navi who says der Kommissar DID call Hekhmat back to reschedule a Meeting, and yet Hekhmat is still clearly in the dogbox so to speak....*frowns..
Such a good young man who has done a great deal for the Sherwood CPF so, fingers crossed, der Kommissar will overlook minor glitches and get the baddies in the end...*beams..
I'd called Greg of the local Pool Academy earlier yesterday, to invite him to the Meeting, as I'd heard that drugs were again rife outside his establishment.... Once he confirmed that he would attend I sent a text to my Chair advising him...
Greg had done his homework and arrived, having built up a fine head of steam....eish... May I guess that Greg's attendance was the reason for der Kommissars presence? *bares its teeth laughing.... That our Chair is now trained to clock in with all and anything that may be found interesting?...
The young man is clearly under a great deal of pressure. Somebody wants him out of the area a.s.a.p...*winks at Earl...
He declines to play the Game by your rules? Well, I need more details before I poke my stick at this one, so you will have to wait...*chuckles... But, while I have your attention Mistuh Barnabus, I've no doubt the so-convenient monitoring devices now saturating Sherwood, picked up Councillor Pepler doing a Cook's Tour of the little park opposite the Treasurer's house, after the CPF Meeting? *falls over laughing...
He insisted on taking a look at your latest building project in Raftery Road and who can blame him.... that is one FINE wall gone up on the road....*applauds wildly....
While the graffiti covering your back wall satisfactorily lowers the tone - a nice touch there...*laughs...
Listening to gossip after the Meeting last night merely confirmed that you share a bed with some Very big names indeed...*startled...
Koobair the Short? Nay, he is small potatoes ... a mere goonda, elevated beyond his wildest dreams, by the Real Manipulators....*cackles...
At this point, I again feel that there ARE good cops watching my scribbles here....that no matter what they say, they ARE paying attention...*nods to the Good Guys....
Not for one second do I delude myself that they can protect me in a jam...*cackles... My antennae (happily unaffiliated to the Beast's Wimax Project) are always on - even when I sleep...*smiles...
We will certainly never know the truth of Seggie Munsamy's demise, on Sunday up at 68 Harris Crescent.
I have to agree that the nasty head wound raised some doubts about the straightforward appearance of gassing himself in his car... but hey - this is the Zone and Anything can be arranged...*snorts..
If you bother to follow the press at all, you will by now see that my inferences and guesses are tame, compared to what actually happens out there...*chuckles...
I'd not met Eddie before.... he was given the Floor, and told us how he had caught some youngsters spray painting graffiti on his walls and on a neighbours car... of course they got away with it...
I recall fairly recently reading a great deal of meaningless bumf about the Council's zero tolerance twards graffiti artists...
I've no doubt Eddie went home thinking he'd wasted his time attending at all....*yawns....
The youngsters partying down in the valley yesterday? Turns out Bechet college has instituted some new rules...one of which is, that they now lock the school gates at 8.00am. Any pupil who isn't in school in good time, is told to go home and fetch his parents to gain access....
A rather odd, but no doubt desperate measure? Surely most parents will have gone off to work by then and be oblivious as to whether their children are at school or not? The teaching profession in today's climate of "let's not offend the little buggers in any way" must be pretty demoralising...*shakes its head...
It must of been somewhere between 3 and 4pm when Captain Courageous arrived home yesterday. The gates shut behind him. I was opening the top gates at 5.00pm when Missus C arrived home and the gates opened and shut behind her...
When I went up before 7.00pm to wait for my lift, an ecstatic Nobby ran across the road in the dark, to say hello....
My Master's gates now stood wide open....*snorts...
Happily Sue the Book pulled in from work at the same time and she took Nobby in off the road. She tried Missus C's usual phone number after 9.00pm in an attempt to return the Nobster, and received a 'This number does not exist' message...*shrugs..
One of the perks of being married to a hastily deputised spook? *falls over laughing at the rattling handcuffs....
The gates stayed open all night with both cars clearly parked on the driveway. They finally closed without a hitch soon after 5.00am this morning.... WTF? Do we Still play the tired "lets wind the neighbours up by using the dog as a pawn" game?
Lame and it doesn't work anymore, in case you hadn't noticed Bali dear....*hugs...
Still a few unavoidable noises made when mon Captian invades our home, and a fairly big dip to our lighting system at 4.30am this morning...*grins... On the whole, he has improved amazingly - though I would Not care to lose any further electrical appliances....*watches the Controller closely...
If my Master were to declare that he had officially abandoned all surveillance and control of our electrical system and computer, I would in turn, ask that you check his nose... though the GameWrecker still, farcically pays tradepage every month as our ISP, nothing has changed at all apart from the enraged vandalism of the Perve's Wireless box, which monitored, amongst other things, our bedroom....*chokes..
I was amused to note that our Chair appears to have been filled in by his new best friends, on my 'fantasy' life....*keels over laughing...
Were he to have unrestricted access to this blog (unedited) on a regular basis, would he reconsider his so-carefully manipulated opinion?..*shrugs..
A team of lumo-vested wekkers digging a trench down Mo's slip road at No. 2 yesterday....*grins...
The little 'pool' man was back in his White Golf? this morning at mon Capitano's ... the strangest noises he makes, doing what? The pool is now a vicious deep green so....does he come to read some sort of meter and adjust it? He always stays for a fair amount of time and is so very busy...*interesting...
The chopper made two low passes over Sabeera's at No. 18 just before noon.. no doubt connecting her new aerial to the grid... a great deal more work is being done to Cyril's roof as well...
Again, may I remind his son (who finds me so vastly entertaining) to monitor his father's health...
Freddies pool is being drained.... what is the connection between the Wimax Trials and water?
A ground mist early this morning correctly forecast a really warm day here in the Zone....Peace....
---oOo---
Tuesday 4th September 2007 at 1.05pm.

PS: Its now 6.24pm and again, a repeat of last nights odd behaviour by the Bravest of the Brave... I've just shut Nobby safely in Sue's garden. When our snores are heard on the monitor in the dead of night, is something moved in or out of No. 6 swiftly? I guess they are pretty much moving out while the builders move in? Such a strange hour of the night to do this..... *laughing.....
My apologies for the atrocious spelling and lack of grammar in this blog... if it seriously offends you, feel free to give the blog a miss.....*beams....