Sunday, September 02, 2007

AT THE END OF THE DAY....
(begun Sunday at 5.25am)
There's a weird sense of stealth and anticipation hanging in the cool early morning air....*cackles...
This hasn't deterred the Kurrikane thrush from going hard at it for an hour or more...
It's official lights out for us today from 8.30am til 3.00pm if you recall.. The only noticeable casualty so far has been the larnie adaptor that lives under the PC desk...*beams...
It was working just fine yesterday morning when I shut down and pulled the plugs as usual... I got back from the shops to be told by the GameWrecker that it was dead....*cackles..
One down and how many to go? Judging from the frequent system dips, both fairly big and small, over the past 2 days, and the noises increasing again, its going to be the usual hit and miss affair...*grins...
I've had my eye on the overhead freeway light smack dab in the middle of the freeway bridge facing us, for some time...*winks at Bali...
Ah yes - that beauty is activated all day, every day and yet, comes nightfall, it stands dark and useless... Does it play a part in controlling our section?
The tiny, clear red light facing the valley, burns as brightly as ever on the Courageous One's streetlight pole... his inside garage light is still switched on overnight, every night...
Such a din up Michan Road and beyond just before 5.00am this morning as the system was activated. A couple of big dogs even resorted to howling.... I am comfortable to add this canine phenomenon to my list of things to check, to see if you have been connected to Big Brother's Data-Theft grid...*grins...
While I have been considering Father Denker as the person responsible for allowing St. Theresa's to set up as a Wimax Base station, I now have to do a rethink... the Trust Administration is a better bet....
Don't you just love the irony of that title? *falls over laughing... Now - who runs the Trust? Who is the Head Honcho that sold the Church down the river?
Later:
I was running low on coffin nails so nipped out to the shops at 8.00am to find an Army of Electricity Department vehicles arriving up at our little sub station! Got some nice pictures for the album of some jolly, and some not so jolly, Electricians...*smiles...
All that manpower to adjust what? For, try as I may, I could find nowhere other than our little section with notices advising about the power cut...
Obviously a complicated job as, at 9.15am they still hadn't switched the power off...*puzzled....
They wait for Allen Spence to arrive? Lord High Superintendent of Electricity for Durban? This is after all, his pet project...*laughs...
Maybe Barnabus invited them all in for a cup of tea? The sub-station is almost at his front gate...*cackles...
One of the Muni droogs smiled for the camera and said I look like a nice person...*keels over....
I replied that I was the Village Idiot and am sure he would have been brought up to speed the minute I'd left...
It's All about my album this morning...
I drove over and got some beauties of the Dome at Howard College and hit paydirt when I found a quiet road with an unobstructed view of the Tower Block....*grins...
The new Arabic Bank that has gone up on Jan Smuts Highway, almost at the Candella Road intersection made a good picture as well... it would have been nicer still if the huge and very beautiful indiginous (sp) tree (that has been there as long as I can remember) had not been removed....
I would've thought that tree was a protected monument....*cackles...NOT!
Do you recall the Thursday I first ventured into the little park opposite the Treasurer's house, with Alexis as my backup?
I'd wanted a shot of the coloured stick planted almost at the other end of the park?
How I got my pictures and went home only to have the 3 grinning hyena visitors creeping down my side path after 2.00pm?
I'd known it was reprisal for venturing into the park with my camera, but not the source...
It's now getting a little clearer.... it turns out a good many of the pictures I took that day, include unwittingly, the back wall of a fairly recently acquired addition to our busy Druglords assets. *laughs... dear oh dear, how lucky can one toad get? *shrieks...
The cherry on the top? The old pair of shoes casually tossed and hooked over the power line right next to Mr. Essay's house up at No. 20...*falls over...
By the way, another pair of takkies adorn the power line as you turn into Moore Road from Ridge... near the Chelmsford Road area? Competition Earl? Or your properties are not just restricted to Sherwood and Sydenham? *hawks...
and yes - I'm aware of the SAPS Drug Busts given coverage in our local rags over the past few weeks...
Well done to the guys involved at SAPS Sydenham but - its all a bit pointless? *cackles...
No amount of window dressing can disguise the fact that this gentleman is highly protected... I would wager that it's HIS Government contacts that hustled through the new Cellphone Tapping and Fixed Line Tapping 'laws' and that even organised for the privately owned Electricity Sub-station now planned for Sydenham.... Fosho....
Our Druglord is a Very influential man indeed....*nods to the vile Koobair (Co-ordinator of Druglords for SA).
To those that aver this blog is merely a florid fantasy of what is basically a mundane and boring life? If you are not into self-absorption and justifiable paranoia as stated in the title, then you can praise the lawd for the little remaining Freedom of Choice left to you.... Read or don't read....*shrugs....
People talk and I listen...*grins...
Its now 10.15am and the power is still on...*falls over...
Do they squabble among themselves as to who climbs Bali's pole and mine? Or do they sit comfortably in a circle on the verge, gambling to pass the time? *winks at Bali....
I can so easily be led to water mon Capitano, but will drink in my own good time....*laughs...
Later: Just before I came indoors at 12.00 noon, there was a scuffling and a bang next door out front at Bali's and then Mohamed's house alarm sounded... sho nuff I came in to find the power had Finally been switched off....*cackles...
I do believe there were a total of 5 vehicles by the sub-station when I passed... All drawing weekend pay to achieve..? *sigh....
Were I to record on camera, the streetlights seen active during daylight hours, on my trips to Umgeni Road , to Sydney Road and to Westville, and to send the pictures to the Minister for Trade & Industry, one Mandisi Mpahlwa, would he sautee them gently and eat them?? Is he a genuine idiot like myself, or a mere spokesperson for the Beast?...*laughing... (the Mercury, August 30th refers)..
It's mid-afternoon and fat white clouds are marching up North in the now howling wind...
Another alarm went off at 3.15pm and the power is back on...magic!...*beams...
(The freeway light mentioned earlier in the blog? That burns all day and is dead at night? Well, there you go! Its back on tonight heheh...)
Peace julle...
---oOo---
Sunday 2nd September 2007 at 6.38pm