Friday, August 31, 2007

WHEN I GROW TOO OLD......
Something woke me just before 3.00am to find the frogs in fine voice.... I put the outside lights off and settled comfortably on the verandah with Kitz. Thomas soon joined us and I heard the thud as Sophie jumped off the bed to come see if she was missing anything....*grins... Chi was still asleep in his hammock in the fiddlewood tree and wouldn't budge for another hour or more...
As an early warning system, I couldn't be surrounded by a more suitable bunch...*cackles..
After I was summarily disconnected from #trivia last night (by one of my peeved PC 'visitors', no doubt), I googled Cardinal Wilfred Fox Napier, the RC Archbishop for Durban, and Father Albert Denker of St. Anne's here in Sydenham.
The results lead me to believe that neither of them would be au fait with modern technology and therefore fairly easily persuaded to agree to the Wimax trials and St. Theresa's being set up as a base station...*shrugs...
The monetary rewards alone would have proven irresistible...
I do still question the use of the Chapel/Church itself and all the installations made both inside and out of this building..
Would the good Father have run a poll for his parishioners? Taken a vote? It would surely go against the Church's beliefs to sign any form of Confidentiality Agreement, so - did the Father create a sermon regarding Wimax and the Muni's involvement, to enlighten his flock?
Ironic that residents over in Glenwood are so vehemently up in arms over a proposed new cellmast in their area, while here we have a live-in orphanage AND a school actually housing similar? technology....*puzzled...
Though doubtful that it was ever said by the PTB outloud (how extremely sensitive), how can I not think that HIV AIDS played a huge part in the decision-making here?
Have the GateKeepers and their offspring been tested? Was it callously assumed that in the event of any detrimental side effects, due to their constant proximity to this technology, it could be shrugged off as HIV AIDS? *hawks...
Heres a little test for you....
Has the Microwave boffin any large dogs? (oddly enough, the smaller breeds do not seem to react quite so vocally). If he has, let him come over to the convent with his dog and carry one of the deep orange Port-a-Lights. Let him walk with his dog below the Senior Boys Hostel towards the visible Mayville cellmast...
This should be on an average evening when the Wimax system is activated...
Chances are, that his dog will react badly and visibly appear stressed....
As a scientist, his opinion on this would be invaluable...*cackles...(of course this suggestion is extremely tongue-in-cheek.... were it to take place, mon Capitano would doubtless ensure that the system ran at half strength for the occasion...pfftt)
Is the Microwave boffin constantly reassured that the levels of EMF are monitored closely? By Whom? The likes of mon Captain Corrupt and his Cronies?? Or the so-earnest and red-eyed Allen Spence? *shrugs...
Short of their putting a brick up my nose, my many Judges must tear their hair out at my slowness to grasp their latest accusations...*laughs...
Selectively ignoring the glaring fact that my comprehension levels are sadly below average...
On the one hand, they fall about at my utter stupidity and on the other, brand me a cunningly wicked toad?
I don't really see how you can have it both ways?..*cackles..
Unless of course you are practising the very thing I am currently being accused of? Hypocrisy! *chokes....
When the penny finally dropped that Liar had been temporarily placed on the back-burner to be replaced by Hypocrite, I gave it a fair amount of thought...*smiles..
I have labelled myself as such for years... I can go to bed of an evening having vociferously belaboured a belief and yet, rise the next day and do a complete about face on that very same point...Skillz!!
This must surely be the hypocrisy whereof you speak? Or - even better - the practise of saying one thing, while meaning another? I do that all the time...*falls over...
It is laudable, that my Judges are innocent of indulging in this distasteful habit...*grins..
When the wife asks "do I look okay?" and you reply "fine/great", thinking all the while, omg what was she thinking!, do you shrug that off as a white lie in the interests of self-preservation? *shrieks...
Or once again, do my Judges selectively choose which of my ongoing opinions to label as hypocrisy?
The fact that for over 8 years my immediate neighbour at No. 6 Harris Crescent has deliberately and with avid assistance from the utterly Corrupt, ensured himself a place in the Hall of the Neighbours from Hell Fame?....*keels over laughing...
That my Judges cannot comprehend that I do not hate and despise him, is indeed their problem, not mine...*beams...
When I write of his petty, ongoing attacks and his hatred for this toad (which frankly I now feel the poor lad will carry to his grave), it is to demonstrate that there truly is not much difference between us, despite him having a brain and me not...*grins...
The enormous paradigm shift of realising that someone I had considered a deplorable crook, had in actual fact, pretty much single-handedly changed me for the better?
If along the way, I have awoken you to the folly of choosing one so deeply involved in ongoing corruption, to be in charge of Anything at all, let alone power supplies.. my job is done...*smiles..
Am I myself innocent of any corruption? Nay - and heres a for instance...
When I popped in to visit my Councillor last weekend, I was met by a pleasant brindle bitch at his gate... not the dogs he had when I last visited.
The Councillor casually said the bitch had a litter of puppies at the back. I could not help myself and blurted out that I had the name and number of a lady at Anti-Cruelty who would have the poor animal spayed at a fraction of a Vet's fees... Are you following me here?
That is certainly corrupt behaviour on my part when all is said and done...*grins..
Will the Councillor ask me for the number? No - the bitch will no doubt have litter after litter of unwanted puppies until she meets her end... Different strokes for different folks guys...*shrugs..
Which brings me back to the smugness of the Finger-pointers in their glass mansions, with their neat piles of stones beside them....*cackles...
My fondness for the SAPS Sydenham in particular? I am well aware that my problems began there.. that it is still infested with genuine Rotten Fruit is a given... do I think hateful, negative thoughts about them? Sorry guys, but that's also a resounding NO..... *laughing...
There are plenty of really good cops up there on the Hill, who do take huge risks daily and are shockingly badly paid for it... There are people who make me smile and who lift my spirits when I visit....
So if anything, I think of THEM and hope they stay safe...
To the guys driving the Patrol van down the Crescent this morning just before 8.00am during prime hijacking time, the visible policing is greatly appreciated...*applauds...
I've just seen the front page of yesterday's Mercury "Threat to shock with Electricity Price Hike" and collapsed laughing....
I went down to Umgeni Road yesterday and on the drive there and back, there were overhead and streetlights burning EVERYWHERE!!! I do suggest that if you need a laugh, go find this article now... *looks at Herr Dokter Sutcliffe and wonders how he sleeps at night..... probably extremely comfortably *spits...
And don't miss Page 6 either... a classic! "Bill on cellphone tapping is passed" Better late than never right...? *looks at Bali... Barnabus' contacts in government again? Pffftt....
I am not special or different...indeed, I am the Toad in the Street personified... Does this appal you? Get over it - you have bigger concerns to worry about.... *smiles...
Banks of grey cloud have come down from the North East and the air is still and muggy... a Goliath heron just flew over heading Northwest...
I have no secrets. What you see is what you get..
You may continue to despise and revile me, to savagely mock my shortcomings, but I still count myself fortunate to live here in the Zone....*beams..
Peace...
---oOo---
Friday 31st August 2007 at 12.50pm.