Thursday, August 30, 2007

THE CHOSEN......
(begun Thursday at 4.10am)
I went up at some stage yesterday afternoon to find official boards, tied to several streetlight poles announcing that the Power will be off next Sunday from 8.00 till 3.00am.... *grins..
How utterly bizarre!
I can't remember when last we were so politely informed of a power cut...*cackles..
Since Bali took over/was handed control of our systems up to the Treasurer's house and quite possibly beyond, its always been a case of wham, bam, thank you ma'am...*laughs....
Being the realist that I am, I have to doubt this imminent power cut bodes any good at all for the residents, least of all this toad...
There is always the chance that Captain Courageous' alterations and renovations are due to begin on Monday, and the power needs to be given to either Freddie at No. 12 to manage, or returned to its rightful control by the Electricity Department..
At least for the duration of the work being done next door at No. 6...*smiles...
Timing wise, it fits nicely with the Heroic Ones' arranging for his puppies to be removed so neatly, does it not?
Were they dumped at the SPCA and subsequently put down or, does he earnestly tell you that they went to a good home?
Or does he even insist (surely Not!) that he has no idea what happened to them? *hawks and spits...
I've not really been paying attention, but now I come to think of it, his stunning poolside light hasn't been on much either, so - Freddie looks like the likely candidate for current control ...(you should pardon the pun heheh)..
If I thought our Controller harsh, prior to him going UP in the world, (the 2nd story about to be added), I figure he will show us a thing or 2 after the renovations are completed....*falls over laughing...
Laterz.
Now 5.20am:
I glanced over at Howard College as I climbed the stairs to unlock the chain. The Tower Block was looking decidedly tatty...*startled...
Several random aerial lights were out..leaving gaps in its usual pattern...
Coming back down the steps some 5 minutes later, the gaps had been miraculously repaired and the block was once again a solid beacon in the dark...*grins..
I'm betting there's a very well paid GateKeeper living comfortably in the building itself? *beams...
7.00am
Eek! Just before logging off I checked my gmail as usual... This morning the addie bar at the top didn't turn yellow (apt hey). Usually somewhere on the yellow bar the words true and false spring out...but not today...*curious.... a lapse or deliberate?
Even Later:
I went off out this morning to find teams of wekkers digging simply everywhere! I'm guessing fibre being laid as quickly as possible...*grins..
Its nearly 2.15pm and I see a couple of Telkom bakkies have pulled in across the valley under the gumtrees... the big boys are busy indeed. Are they 'dealing' with the beautiful old gumtrees or installing some sort of jumper device?
Plenty of hammering and even some drilling...hmm...
That would be at roughly the same spot the team of 'Parks' wekkers spent a week, just out of sight, doing heaven knows what recently....*yawns.... its certainly not just a lunchtime get together.....
Two pictures of der Kommissar receiving his award in Pretoria, in today's local rags...*applauds... I will soon have to consider buying a double fridge...
He received the award from the Deputy Minister of Safety and Security for, um, for.. oh yes...his success in using the Tracker technology....*winks....
I am even more impressed with the report on the roadblock set up in Howell road last Saturday. Anything that improves the relationship between the public and the SAPS has my vote...*beams..
A nice surprise to see a picture of young Cnllr. Alex Christians attending a function at St. Theresa's Primary School...
I maintained, if you recall, that he was specifically brought down from Pietermaritzburg and given a position here in Sherwood/Sydenham to field any questions that may arise on the Data-Theft Project...*cackles...
The fact that he is involved in any way over at St. Theresa's pretty much confirms my assumptions..*grins... He also has a good working relationship with Carol if you recall?..*falls over laughing...
For the most part, the Zone is just one big happy family...*smiles..
Speaking of which..... C 2 C ZN? Parked at the lower end of Garbutt Road last weekend? Missus C's family or just a friend?
By the way, after checking the photos, I can see now that it was not Morris working on the gumtree on Tuesday morning... Whatever it was those 2 were up to, its safe to guess it involves the job the Beast's Boys are busy with now, over there under the gumtrees....*grins..
Later: The two Telkom bakkies were joined by a third. The large dude in the green shirt? I swear and declare I have a nice picture of him, snapped one day when he was lurking about our telephone pole down in the valley.. Specs and all...*cackles...and was it his twin brother over at Freddie and Val's the other day?
The 3 bakkies then stuck around till 3.30pm and took off....
Peace from the dusty sunshine of a late afternoon here in the Zone...
---oOo---
PS: I attempted twice to connect, to blog, and was given an Error 733. WTF? Something new heheh... I called the GameWrecker to see if he had topped up the bandwidth and as we spoke, my Master allowed me to connect...*keels over laughing...
Whatever rocks your boat dear boy.....*grins...
End.
Thursday 30th August 2007 at 4.43pm.

PS. OOOOOer! Trouble in Paradise.... I'm now having difficulty in getting this darned thing to publish..... *while laughing my ass off.......

PSS: Now 7.30pm and viva the bad old days! *beams.... I am amused at being thrown out of efnets #trivia and refused a reconnect despite restarting the PC.... I am well aware that it is lame that I am so much more comfortable with the nastiness than pleasantries..*shaking its head... If I had a brain, I would tend to think it had been washed...*smiles... and yes, the mere fact that I am blogging the situation is manipulation at its finest....*shows its yellowed teeth to Bali xx